Neill In The Pool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Neill In The Pool

Post by Le King »

Liverpool are poised to sign Blackburn's Australian defender Lucas Neill after making a £2m bid.

The 28-year-old will be on his way to Anfield before the transfer window closes after turning down a lucrative new contract at Ewood Park.

Neill was a star of Australia's World Cup campaign and has only one year remaining on his current deal.

If, as expected, the deal goes through, Blackburn are ready to move for Manchester City's Danny Mills.

Neill was sent off in Blackburn's opening day defeat at Portsmouth.

The player's agent Peter Harrison said recently: "They have made an offer which Lucas has declined - he is not going to be signing a new contract at Blackburn.

"He has enjoyed his time there, he loves the club and the fans, he just feels it is time for a change."

Where position do u pool fans like him to play?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Well he can play both centre-back and right-back... so he is versatile, which is good, I can't see him starting every match but filling in for whatever cover is needed at the time as he is a very reliable defensive player... would need to continue if not improve his World Cup performances (by not hacking in the box) to force a permanent spot in that back four

Numba 7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Numba 7 »

he had a great game against chelsea last game!

he is a top defender and i hope he does well at liverpool!

well done lucas

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Blackburn have rejected a bid from Liverpool's Lucas Neill.

Rovers are keen to hang onto one of their prized assets ahead of the transfer deadline on Thursday.

Neill has less than 12 months remaining on his current deal and Rovers are prepared to let him serve out his current deal.

However, Liverpool are hoping they can persuade Rovers to sell.

The Reds are unlikely to give up at this stage and talks are believed to be ongoing, although it remains to be seen whether a deal can be struck before Thursday's transfer deadline.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

blackburn jst rejected the offer

Blackburn have rejected a bid from Liverpool for their Australian full-back Lucas Neill.

The Reds contacted Blackburn this week and made an offer for the 28-year-old, who can play at either right-back or left-back, but have had their bid knocked back.

It is understood Blackburn manager Mark Hughes is determined to hold onto Neill, who joined Rovers from Millwall in 2001.

barry O
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by barry O »

Blackburn reject Liverpool bid for Neill
Wednesday Aug 30 22:59 AEST
Blackburn Rovers have turned down a bid for Socceroo defender Lucas Neill by English Premier League giant Liverpool.

Liverpool, which has been interested in Neill since his star showing at the World Cup, had an official bid - reportedly for about STG2 million ($A4.99 million) - turned down on Wednesday.

The transfer window closes on Thursday, so Liverpool must quickly table an improved offer or turn their interest to an alternative defensive signing.

This is the final year in the 28-year-old Neill's contract with Rovers, and if Blackburn does not sell him now or during the New Year window, they risk losing him for nothing on a free transfer after his deal expires.

Blackburn have just completed the signing of Dutch international Andre Ooijer from AZ Alkmaar, giving them some defensive coverage if Neill does depart.

Blackburn earlier this month fought off interest from Middlesbrough in another Socceroo, Brett Emerton.
In ITALIA we TRUST

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is working late this evening trying to agree a transfer fee with Blackburn Rovers for defender Lucas Neill.

A bid of around £2million from Anfield has been rejected by Rovers but Insider sources inform us that the transfer is "90% complete" and that arrangements for a medical at Melwood on Thursday morning are already in place.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez has returned home for the evening leaving his chief executive to work on the deal from his office at Anfield.

Rafa was as cool as a cucumber when he left Melwood this evening as the video clip below shows (note he was busy on his hands-free when leaving... 'Buy Rick, buy!')

Neill's contract is up next summer so even if Rovers play hard to get, under new FIFA rules, players aged 28 or over can buy out their contract in the final year of their deal.

Meanwhile Liverpool midfielder Bolo Zenden claims he knows nothing about today's newspaper reports which claimed that Tottenham had made an enquiry about his availability.

When asked if there was any truth in the reports, Bolo nearly bit our heads off.

"I don't know where they got one from!" snarled the Dutchman.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

2 MIL POUNDS? tight asses

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MUFCBOY wrote:2 MIL POUNDS? tight asses
sorry should we pay 10 million pounds for him with one year left on his contract?? I know its hard for Mancs to understand why you wouldnt pay over the odds for a player...

pino
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by pino »

It's ok...we'll get him on a free at the end of the season and not pay anything other than his wages.
First the rotating...then the Dennis Wiseing...now the punking of me on my show. That is it Big boss...No More!

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
sorry should we pay 10 million pounds for him with one year left on his contract?? I know its hard for Mancs to understand why you wouldnt pay over the odds for a player...

U Serious???
He is NOT worth 10 million
And Man Utd pay top dollar for their players - BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD 2!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

diegom wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

U Serious???
He is NOT worth 10 million
And Man Utd pay top dollar for their players - BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD 2!
I didnt mean that he is worth 10 million, just picking a random number as opposed to 2 million...

Thats great you can afford to pay over the odds for your players... good business...

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

blackburn can accept a minimal fee, or get nothing at all in 12 months, up to them :)

Kop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Neil

Post by Kop »

i think the bid may be a bit low, 3-4 mil should be okay providing he does well. He would slot in nicely in our defence, centre back with carragher with hyypia as back up and agger rotating in and out. Hyypias getting old and we need agger to get some experience under his belt although he doesnt seem to need it from the last game.

LIVERPOOL CHAMPS 06/07
TORRES # 1

Y.N.W.A

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

atleast we dun offer below the price and miss out on a player...

but hey i should correct myself, u blokes paid about 6 mil 2 much for crouch