Lee exit could see Chimbonda come in

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Lee exit could see Chimbonda come in

Post by BillShankly »

Tottenham have agreed to sell Lee Young-Pyo to Roma, sparking fresh speculation Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda will move to White Hart Lane.

Spurs have been forced to play Lee at right-back since the start of the season due to Paul Stalteri's lack of match fitness.

Roma have been long-time admirers of the South Korea international and tried to sign him last January.

Lee has been displaced from his normal left-back position at White Hart Lane because of the arrival of Benoit Assou-Ekotto from Lens.

Lee's agent Chin Sung-Won admitted a deal is close to completion.

Chin said: "Tottenham and AS Roma have agreed in principle to the transfer of Lee Young-Pyo. We are in talks with AS Roma on detailed contract terms.

"You can consider the deal as almost sealed, as the only remaining procedure is the player's decision," he told Yonhap news agency.

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

I hope we get Chimbonda he's quality and as for Lee he was very disappointing so im glad he's going

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

SPURS18 wrote:I hope we get Chimbonda he's quality and as for Lee he was very disappointing so im glad he's going
Hopefully Lee is as disappointing at Roma as he was at Tottenham!

Chimbonda for me is over-rated, there are a few other right-backs at his price I would rather have... Spurs defiantely have to sure up their defence, they know how to score goals and pass the ball around, but any team that concedes 2 goals to a ten-man everton side needs something extra in defence

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

any team that cant score more goal than Shef Utd need to think about their strike force as well

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

I was talking about Tottenham's defence...

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

and i was talking bout liverpool strike force

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

and what does that have to with Tottenhams defence?? Its ok, if you want to give me cabernet about Liverpool drawing to Sheff United in the first game, by all means go for it because I can admit we played garbage that game, but if you are going to do so... at least start up a new topic about it instead of bringing it up in a totally unrelated topic trying to be a smart ass (which doesn't suit you because you cant speak english properly)... and i almost forgot... your a shiraz dumb monkey

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

if u want to say something bout me, pls start a new topic, cos it's nothing to do with totenham also :wink:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:if u want to say something bout me, pls start a new topic, cos it's nothing to do with totenham also :wink:
done

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

yeh u need to get teach by me sometimes

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

I couldn't agree with you more LFTWNG we desperately need another central defender before a right back especially with the loss of Ledley King it showed against Everton although they reckon he will be back next week. Calum Davenport i think is good but he's a young lad and needs more experience. As for Chimbonda i think he's good compared to Stalteri and would rather Chimbonda any day. I dont know what other right back we would go for.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Fair enough, I was jsut saying that Chimbonda is a lil over-rated with only one season in the EPL, although he did make the FA team of the season, so thats hard to argue with, I was jsut thinking that maybe someone like Lucas Neill would be a good fit, hes a bit more solid at right-back Chimbonda... but Chimbonda is better with the ball at his feet... Davenport will be a very good defender ina couple of season, for now you need another solid centre-half!

Either way, good to see Spurs do well this season, they play some of the most attractive football in the league

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Yeah thats true Chimbonda did have a good first year in the EPL and it might be a risk for us to get him, but as for Lucas Neill i agree with you 100 per cent and i would prefer to have him apparentley we were on the verge on signing him before Liverpool came in for him at the last minute so i think now he's tipped to go there. Yes i agree with you there hopefully Spurs do well this season its been a while since we've been up there.