Anelka - Bad move for Big Sam

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Anelka - Bad move for Big Sam

Post by Fred Goldstone »

Bolton sign Anelka in record deal

Anelka left Manchester City for Fenerbahce 18 months ago
Nicolas Anelka has signed a four-year deal with Bolton after the Premiership club agreed to pay a club record £8m to Fenerbahce for the striker.
The Frenchman, 27, who has previously played for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City, successfully completed a medical with Wanderers on Thursday.

He has been in Turkey with Fenerbahce for the last 18 months.

"Nicolas is a player with an amazing track record in the Premiership," said Bolton boss Sam Allardyce.

Patience is a virtue and I am pleased to say that all the waiting and hard work we've done behind the scenes has paid off."

"He was born to score goals. His talent and experience will be a valuable asset for us.

"It's an unprecedented amount of money for Bolton Wanderers to spend and fully underlines the club's ambition," Allardyce added.

Comment
I have always been a fan of Big Sam for his ability to attract so many top quality players to Bolton (if any of you have been there you will understand my amazement).

But I think this deal will turn out to be one of his rare failures.

Anelka has always been an exciting player but he has never reached his potential due to his bad attitude - on and off the field.

He usually starts out with all the will in the world to succeed at a new club but before long the old arrogance and attitude causes problems in the dressing-room and he falls out with his team-mates or the manager, or both and his performances fall below acceptable standards.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

i disagree ..
watch out... anelka will score goal for fun for bolton ...
he's a great player ...

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

I have to agree with you there Fred, I think it's a big risk for Bolton especially paying a club record for him

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

i agree that its a risk but i dont think it will be a failure time will tell
I speak nothing but the truth