One HD to show serie a

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

One HD to show serie a

Post by Il Duce »

Inter v Bari next week.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: One HD to show serie a

Post by Translator »

:shock:

no fkcunig way!

I can't find a tv guide that goes that far out. 1.30am Monday is kick off. I wont believe it until I see it.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Seems to be true, apparently there were ads for it during the Bundesliga last night.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Yep, saw the ad. Jumped up and down on my couch :lol: :lol: so excited.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I have heard big rumour One will be bidding for joint rights to a-league and socceroos.

Badragas
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Badragas »

Impossible!!!! i don't belive it!

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

setanta showing Palermo V Napoli monday morning!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

Home win!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Il Duce wrote:Home win!
if 1 hd shows aleague then ill b makin sure we get a settop box at work

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

Finally....hope for quality Serie A coverage - without American commentators!!!!!
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

This is great for those of us who either can't afford or refuse to use FoxSports.

Now we can compare what the Bundas Legia and Serie A is like. Before too long [2013] we might see the A League on ONE as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is like, this Serie A, so far the Bundas Legia hasn't been that impressive. Good games yes but to be truthful not a great deal to write home about.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

adriano10 wrote:Finally....hope for quality Serie A coverage - without American commentators!!!!!
I couldn't care less about the commentators, I've learnt to tune them out over the years :wink:

I just can't believe after years of substandard RAI picture quality and only marginally better picture quality on ESPN that I can finally sit back and take in full HD coverage :D

Still need RAI though as they have the four games on each weekend, I'm guessing One HD will only show one but nice to have options.

The extra media coverage might even open up a position in the media for 'tino to give his commentry :P
E. Grant & Co wrote:This is great for those of us who either can't afford or refuse to use FoxSports.

Now we can compare what the Bundas Legia and Serie A is like. Before too long [2013] we might see the A League on ONE as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it is like, this Serie A, so far the Bundas Legia hasn't been that impressive. Good games yes but to be truthful not a great deal to write home about.
To understand Italian football you only really need to understand one thing "let the ball do the running". If there's no options on up the field they don't try and force the play like they do in England.

I'd be surprised if you like it. It's definitely another world compared to EPL.

Most people get used to what they know and don't like the alternative. I'm no different, I can't watch EPL. I find it frustrating with the exception of a selected few teams, Arsenal in full flight against one of the better clubs are easy on the eye.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Translator wrote:The extra media coverage might even open up a position in the media for 'tino to give his commentry :P
Now that I wouldn't mind :P

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Juventino wrote:
Translator wrote:The extra media coverage might even open up a position in the media for 'tino to give his commentry :P
Now that I wouldn't mind :P
Gimme a job as well you bastardo :P

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Translator wrote:
adriano10 wrote:Finally....hope for quality Serie A coverage - without American commentators!!!!!
I couldn't care less about the commentators, I've learnt to tune them out over the years :wink:

I just can't believe after years of substandard RAI picture quality and only marginally better picture quality on ESPN that I can finally sit back and take in full HD coverage :D

Still need RAI though as they have the four games on each weekend, I'm guessing One HD will only show one but nice to have options.

The extra media coverage might even open up a position in the media for 'tino to give his commentry :P
E. Grant & Co wrote:This is great for those of us who either can't afford or refuse to use FoxSports.

To understand Italian football you only really need to understand one thing "let the ball do the running". If there's no options on up the field they don't try and force the play like they do in England.

I'd be surprised if you like it. It's definitely another world compared to EPL.

Most people get used to what they know and don't like the alternative. I'm no different, I can't watch EPL. I find it frustrating with the exception of a selected few teams, Arsenal in full flight against one of the better clubs are easy on the eye.
I'll keep an open mind on it and like most people can enjoy a 'pretty game' from time to time but I do enjoy the cut and thrust of the EPL. But I'll be honest with you, I'll be watching more German and Italian football this coming season than English. Unless I end up down the pub at midnight every weekend. I can see 'her in doors' not putting up with that for too long, so it will be the Bundas Legia on Saturday night and the Italian football on Sunday/Monday.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I think the FFA will be keen to get hold of some free to air tv interest in the a-league and socceroos so it can lift the games revenue streams. This revenue is critical to the long term viability of the a-league clubs.

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

Translator wrote:I just can't believe after years of substandard RAI picture quality and only marginally better picture quality on ESPN that I can finally sit back and take in full HD coverage :D
One misconception is that all content shown on HD channel is actually broadcast in high definition. This may also fall into that category, but the picture could well be of better quality than that of the satellite channels you mentioned as many satellite channels have a low bitrate.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Seems they are showing Udinese vs Parma, according to the guide.

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

thats great ! serie a is great to watch , learn alot if you coach too. plus the quality of goals is very high , some amazing set plays and free kicks

unfort a league rapped up for along time with fox ...

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

Juventino wrote:Seems they are showing Udinese vs Parma, according to the guide.
That sounds more likely. I think they are getting their hands on stuff offloaded by setanta, and a Udinese home tie sounds more feasable than a n Inter home tie.

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

goal!!! wrote:unfort a league rapped up for along time with fox ...
Fox???? I don't think so. It's been covered by Rai, Espn and Setanta.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Il Duce wrote:
goal!!! wrote:unfort a league rapped up for along time with fox ...
Fox???? I don't think so. It's been covered by Rai, Espn and Setanta.
No, he is saying the A-League is covered by Fox Sports.

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

lol... the confusion that comes with a lack of punctuation. By saying a league I thought here was referring to the Italian league as being a league that was....

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

lol , i figured most knew a- league was foxtel only for quite some time

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

Then again this a thread on the serie a. :wink:

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

one hd showing Serie A highlights package tonight at 10pm, followed by bundesliega.

Can anyone confirm if the one hd package is the same footage Setanta was showing last season?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Translator wrote:one hd showing Serie A highlights package tonight at 10pm, followed by bundesliega.

Can anyone confirm if the one hd package is the same footage Setanta was showing last season?
I think it is. Setanta's is called "The Show" and I saw that in the guide for OneHD.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Juventino wrote:
Translator wrote:one hd showing Serie A highlights package tonight at 10pm, followed by bundesliega.

I think it is. Setanta's is called "The Show" and I saw that in the guide for OneHD.
crap package, nothing bets the old Martin Tyler highlight package on SBS in the late 80's early 90's.

Missed most of it anyway as it started at 9.30 :roll:

Il Duce
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Il Duce »

Translator wrote:crap package
Agree. I'm downloading the Sky Sports show from the U.K. as we speak.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Translator wrote:
Juventino wrote:

crap package, nothing bets the old Martin Tyler highlight package on SBS in the late 80's early 90's.

Missed most of it anyway as it started at 9.30 :roll:
wow, the good old days weren't they. gee that brings back memories. :)