"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 92  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
Stitch This wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
you have my sympathies for supporting the pikeys. Are you from the medway towns? if yes, then I REALLY feel sorry for you.


Born in Gravesend so not quite Medway, but Gillingham was the nearest 'real' team - just seemed a better option than Gravesend & Northfleet.

Supporter would probably be stretching things a bit as I've never seen them play, just follow their progress and look forward to the day when they return to the Championship :lol:


Could have been in on the ground floor of Ebbsfleet.

Probably wouldn't be much distance in it between the pikeys andthe trainspotters (charlton) from there. Short trip up/down the A2.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:58 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Draw with the bottom team midweek and draw with the top team 4 days later.
Good to take some points off Leeds away in front of a big crowd in a Yorkshire derby..

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:19 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Another win for Wycombe and a win for Charlton closing the gap on Leeds.....

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:22 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
We just can't put a run together at the moment, good result followed by crap result.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Good to get another win in front of another good sized home crowd after 2 draws and conceding 6 goals in the last 3 games.

Image

Charlton closing the gap as Leeds drop another 2 points with an away draw.
Southampton are charging up the ladder after having 10 points deducted before they'd kicked a ball this season.

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Some big games (in terms of League One) next week....
Charlton v Millwall - Charlton could move top pending Leeds fixture or Millwall can reassert themselves as contenders
Norwich v Huddersfield - battle of the leading scorers...could be 5-5.
Leeds v Southampton - Southampton could give Leeds a reality check.

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:37 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
swannsong wrote:
Charlton v Millwall - Charlton could move top pending Leeds fixture or Millwall can reassert themselves as contenders



Local derby as well, unfortunately I land 12 hours after the game has finished. Charlton will treat this game like their cup final, while we will laugh at the little family club down the road. They will gesticulate and try to act like hard men and show us that we are rivals to them. WE WILL LAUGH!!

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 15814
swannsong wrote:
Good to get another win in front of another good sized home crowd after 2 draws and conceding 6 goals in the last 3 games.

Image

Charlton closing the gap as Leeds drop another 2 points with an away draw.
Southampton are charging up the ladder after having 10 points deducted before they'd kicked a ball this season.

Image


Trouble with playing the Gills is, once their supporters turn up and park their caravans, you can't get rid of the buggers. Bloody pikies. :lol:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Trouble with playing the Gills is, once their supporters turn up and park their caravans, you can't get rid of the buggers. Bloody pikies. :lol:


:lol:

About once a year they have to abandon useing their training ground and pikeys turn up and claim it. Take a few weeks to get them to move on. Only in gillingham, that place really is a cabernet hole but then so is most of east kent and especially the medway towns.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
Hawkesy wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Charlton v Millwall - Charlton could move top pending Leeds fixture or Millwall can reassert themselves as contenders



Local derby as well, unfortunately I land 12 hours after the game has finished. Charlton will realise they are part of a football league as opposed to a thuggery league and treat this game as a chance to throw down the gauntlet to the sheep shaggers, while we will tell our children to gesticulate and act like hard men and live up to the shitty reputation our daddy's earned us,


fixed! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
Rhino wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Charlton v Millwall - Charlton could move top pending Leeds fixture or Millwall can reassert themselves as contenders



Local derby as well, unfortunately I land 12 hours after the game has finished. Charlton will realise they are part of a football league as opposed to a thuggery league and treat this game as a chance to throw down the gauntlet to the sheep shaggers, while we will tell our children to gesticulate and act like hard men and live up to the shitty reputation our daddy's earned us,


fixed! :P



:lol:

sheep shaggers?? we're not aussies, welsh or from yorkshire you know.

Trust me on this one, charlton don't even get the time of day from our top of the league in "thuggery" supporters.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:56 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
Was meaning leeds by sheep shaggers. Maybe i should have said the dingles!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:54 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Millwall leading Charlton 1-2 at the 33 minute mark!
......2-2 at half time..
Charlton now 3-2 ahead... Millwall level at 3-3 in the 83rd minute.....4-3 Charlton at the 85th minute.....4-4 in the 90th minute...
former Huddersfield player Danny Schofield hitting Millwall's 4th....6 yellow cards...Millwall down to 10 men after 35 minutes.(19,105 crowd)
Leeds have just taken a 1-0 lead over Southampton... Leeds won 1-0. (25,948 crowd)
Huddersfield now down 2-0....mmm make that 3-0...final :( now down to 10 men :oops: (25,004 crowd)


swannsong wrote:
Some big games (in terms of League One) next week....
Charlton v Millwall - Charlton could move top pending Leeds fixture or Millwall can reassert themselves as contenders
Norwich v Huddersfield - battle of the leading scorers...could be 5-5.
Leeds v Southampton - Southampton could give Leeds a reality check.

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
33 goals from 11 games....entertainment.

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Good win for Huddersfield in front of their biggest home crowd of the season so far !

Image

Image

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
swannsong wrote:
Millwall leading Charlton 1-2 at the 33 minute mark!
......2-2 at half time..
Charlton now 3-2 ahead... Millwall level at 3-3 in the 83rd minute.....4-3 Charlton at the 85th minute.....4-4 in the 90th minute...
former Huddersfield player Danny Schofield hitting Millwall's 4th....6 yellow cards...Millwall down to 10 men after 35 minutes.(19,105 crowd)


oh and charlton given 2 penalties and the red card was rescinded later on when the ref realised he got it wrong. 57 minutes incorrectly with 10 men and still the trainspotters couldn't beat us. OFFICIALLY the most one sided derby in English football :lol:

They hate us, we laugh at them.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 2029
Location: Just trying to keep from following you
swannsong wrote:
Good win for Huddersfield in front of their biggest home crowd of the season so far !


Haven't been able to find the story, but apparently a bit of a fracas at the end of the game with both managers on the pitch :shock:

_________________
Occasionally available in blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Green_Manalishi wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Good win for Huddersfield in front of their biggest home crowd of the season so far !


Haven't been able to find the story, but apparently a bit of a fracas at the end of the game with both managers on the pitch :shock:


Quote:
Ugly scenes marred stoppage time when Luke Chadwick, already booked, appeared to head-butt Town's Tom Clarke.

It led to a melee in which Town's Lee Peltier and the visitors' Jude Sterling and Jermaine Easter were booked but referee David Foster caused howls of protest from home fans by refusing to take any action against Chadwick.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 pm
Posts: 2100
Location: Melbourne
Need Charlton to slip up, so the U's can get withing striking range.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
A-Mac wrote:
Need Charlton to slip up, so the U's can get withing striking range.

You have a game in hand...could be on equal points ?

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 pm
Posts: 2100
Location: Melbourne
swannsong wrote:
A-Mac wrote:
Need Charlton to slip up, so the U's can get withing striking range.

You have a game in hand...could be on equal points ?


Don't support them, but always keep an eye on them.

From years of playing with them on FM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:03 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:13 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Golden Grove.
Leeds United are just running away with it now. That Snodgrass has shown he is pure quality.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:01 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
he did that last year too lily, same as Becchio, Beckord, Delph and Kilkenny. Wait til you get Chris Taylor... if he ever gets fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:13 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Golden Grove.
you can't say Snodgrass hasn't been better this year, scoring more frequently and from the games ive watched online has looked a more complete player involving team mates. Don't forget Johnny Howson, he is going to be some player.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:54 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
Lilly Whites wrote:
you can't say Snodgrass hasn't been better this year, scoring more frequently and from the games ive watched online has looked a more complete player involving team mates. Don't forget Johnny Howson, he is going to be some player.

Fair enough, just saying he stood out last season too, not that I'm watching too many Leeds games to know the difference! Very strong deep squad at ER, stuff we can only dream of at BP at the moment, but you've got 8-10 times our budget,... and a ground with 4 sides!! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:18 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Huddersfield Town v West Bromwich Albion this Saturday in the FA Cup.
Should be a good test, up against a team currently placed second in the Championship League.
Probably ~20,000 crowd.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:20 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
Lilly Whites wrote:
Leeds United are just running away with it now. That Snodgrass has shown he is pure quality.



yes, just got to hope they shiraz it up like they have previous years by thinking they're too big for this division and have a divine right for promotion.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:16 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29449
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
swannsong wrote:
Huddersfield Town v West Bromwich Albion this Saturday in the FA Cup.
Should be a good test, up against a team currently placed second in the Championship League.
Probably ~20,000 crowd.

Town not doing too well in their test, conceded in the 77' and the 82' and down 0-2 :(
Preston North End hammering Colchester United 7-0 currently !
Tim Cahill has just put Everton in front against Carlisle at 82'...2-1 Everton.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:17 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 16451
Millwall 1 derby 1

We had enough chances to win 4 games today and couldn't finish them. We'll win the replay.

_________________
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: England - League One Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 3225
fxxk. looks like we could be swapping places with the dale.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 92  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group