England - 2019-20 Championship (formerly the 18-19 EPL)

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Post Reply
User avatar
swannsong
Coach
Coach
Posts: 29991
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by swannsong »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
swannsong wrote:Back down we go...can someone please hand us a parachute ?
You get about $60m, what more do you want?
I know, was being sarcastic, tongue in cheek etc.etc.
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55931
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Bomber »

A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Ignore this signature

User avatar
Jílín Shěng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:22 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Jílín Shěng »

Bomber wrote:A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Left it late again though.
Gotta love Chinese whispers

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55931
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Bomber »

Jílín Shěng wrote:
Bomber wrote:A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Left it late again though.
Man U did it all the time when they were good.
Ignore this signature

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by eagleboy »

Anyone that saw the Chelsea Cardiff game can see why VAR is needed asap in the EPL. Chelsea 1st goal clearly offside by 2 meters. Better still why can a linesman not see something so clear.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Hugo is no longer getting a Christmas card from me.

Draw would probably have been fair, but Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

I had to laugh when VVD saw it was Sissoko bearing down on goal and you could see he was thinking “you couldn’t hit a barn door, so fill yer boots” and just let him shoot. Good defending to do nothing, most would have gone to the ball and let Son in, who probably would score.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55931
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Hugo is no longer getting a Christmas card from me.

Draw would probably have been fair, but Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

I had to laugh when VVD saw it was Sissoko bearing down on goal and you could see he was thinking “you couldn’t hit a barn door, so fill yer boots” and just let him shoot. Good defending to do nothing, most would have gone to the ball and let Son in, who probably would score.
Save your luck for your Man City visit in a few weeks time. :)
Ignore this signature

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:A quick good morning to Cyril. :)
Hugo is no longer getting a Christmas card from me.

Draw would probably have been fair, but Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

I had to laugh when VVD saw it was Sissoko bearing down on goal and you could see he was thinking “you couldn’t hit a barn door, so fill yer boots” and just let him shoot. Good defending to do nothing, most would have gone to the ball and let Son in, who probably would score.
I think you deserved to win, from our appaling second half.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I’m starting to believe Liverpool might just win it with the luck they’re getting. Long missing a virtual tap in, then they score after an offside. You can’t say they didn’t deserve the points, but should have been two down before Salah scores and that’s a completely different scenario. Great finish from him, but the defender needed to hack him 40 yards from goal, you can’t back off in those circumstances.

Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:I’m starting to believe Liverpool might just win it with the luck they’re getting. Long missing a virtual tap in, then they score after an offside. You can’t say they didn’t deserve the points, but should have been two down before Salah scores and that’s a completely different scenario. Great finish from him, but the defender needed to hack him 40 yards from goal, you can’t back off in those circumstances.

Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
Luck..it’s not luck when the opposition are missing sitters - they are just not good enough, luck is the offside going your way.
Re the defending, good defenders don’t do a professional foul, they do like VVD v your lot.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:I’m starting to believe Liverpool might just win it with the luck they’re getting. Long missing a virtual tap in, then they score after an offside. You can’t say they didn’t deserve the points, but should have been two down before Salah scores and that’s a completely different scenario. Great finish from him, but the defender needed to hack him 40 yards from goal, you can’t back off in those circumstances.

Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
Luck..it’s not luck when the opposition are missing sitters - they are just not good enough, luck is the offside going your way.
Re the defending, good defenders don’t do a professional foul, they do like VVD v your lot.
I’m glad you think Sissoko is a dangerous as Salah :wink:

And if he’s going to back off, at least stay in the middle of the goal. Rubbish defending.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:I’m starting to believe Liverpool might just win it with the luck they’re getting. Long missing a virtual tap in, then they score after an offside. You can’t say they didn’t deserve the points, but should have been two down before Salah scores and that’s a completely different scenario. Great finish from him, but the defender needed to hack him 40 yards from goal, you can’t back off in those circumstances.

Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
Luck..it’s not luck when the opposition are missing sitters - they are just not good enough, luck is the offside going your way.
Re the defending, good defenders don’t do a professional foul, they do like VVD v your lot.
I’m glad you think Sissoko is a dangerous as Salah :wink:

And if he’s going to back off, at least stay in the middle of the goal. Rubbish defending.
Agree we the rubbish defending.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Looks like all four teams chasing 3rd spot are going to drop more points on the way home. Should be a good finish.

Love Toffee :wink:

PS I can’t think of anyone less likely to lead by example than Ozil.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by N5 1BH »

Unless you want the perfect example of a human blancmange

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55931
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
That would be very kind of those fine gentlemen at Tottenham Hotspur FC. :)
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
That would be very kind of those fine gentlemen at Tottenham Hotspur FC. :)
I don’t like the oil clubs so, despite having to listen to that twat Tanner, I’d like to see Liverpool win it :wink:

And obviously I’d like Spurs to win every game.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Hopefully their luck continues and Spurs duff up Man Ciy for them :D
That would be very kind of those fine gentlemen at Tottenham Hotspur FC. :)
I don’t like the oil clubs so, despite having to listen to that twat Tanner, I’d like to see Liverpool win it :wink:

And obviously I’d like Spurs to win every game.
You can easily put me on ignore. :D

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17940
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by ozzie owl »

Thoroughly deserved win by Liverpool .

Who was it that said Salah doesn't dive?

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55931
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Bomber »

So it's as follows to come:

Man City v Spurs
Man Utd v Man City
Burnley v Man City
Man City v Leicester
Brighton v Man City

VS

Cardiff v Liverpool
Liverpool v Huddersfield
Newcastle v Liverpool
Liverpool v Wolves

C'mon you Spurs (and as much as it pains me to say it) C'mon United! :arrow:
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 17940
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:So it's as follows to come:

Man City v Spurs
Man Utd v Man City
Burnley v Man City
Man City v Leicester
Brighton v Man City

VS

Cardiff v Liverpool
Liverpool v Huddersfield
Newcastle v Liverpool
Liverpool v Wolves

C'mon you Spurs (and as much as it pains me to say it) C'mon United! :arrow:
Based on degree of difficulty of the games ahead, my tip Liverpool .

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:So it's as follows to come:

Man City v Spurs
Man Utd v Man City
Burnley v Man City
Man City v Leicester
Brighton v Man City

VS

Cardiff v Liverpool
Liverpool v Huddersfield
Newcastle v Liverpool
Liverpool v Wolves

C'mon you Spurs (and as much as it pains me to say it) C'mon United! :arrow:
Based on degree of difficulty of the games ahead, my tip Liverpool .
Man City are just too good, and I have never thought we would win 9 in a row, which we will probably have to do.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 16845
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I liked being on top wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:So it's as follows to come:

Man City v Spurs
Man Utd v Man City
Burnley v Man City
Man City v Leicester
Brighton v Man City

VS

Cardiff v Liverpool
Liverpool v Huddersfield
Newcastle v Liverpool
Liverpool v Wolves

C'mon you Spurs (and as much as it pains me to say it) C'mon United! :arrow:
Based on degree of difficulty of the games ahead, my tip Liverpool .
Man City are just too good, and I have never thought we would win 9 in a row, which we will probably have to do.
:lol: we’ll turn you into a Spurs supporter for a day.
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: we’ll turn you into a Spurs supporter for a day.
I am, and a Utd one - don’t worry!

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45021
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by God is an Englishman »

I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: we’ll turn you into a Spurs supporter for a day.
I am, and a Utd one - don’t worry!
and Watford and QPR....
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

God is an Englishman wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: we’ll turn you into a Spurs supporter for a day.
I am, and a Utd one - don’t worry!
and Watford and QPR....
You are wrong, you say you never are but you are 100% wrong!!!

Made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Hirohito
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:01 am

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by Hirohito »

Reading too much into it.
POLONIAROCS wrote:Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

Hirohito wrote:Reading too much into it.
I have never been to Reading - let alone see them play, another one GIAE got totally wrong. He is sometimes wrong, whatever he says,

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45021
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by God is an Englishman »

I liked being on top wrote:
Hirohito wrote:Reading too much into it.
I have never been to Reading - let alone see them play, another one GIAE got totally wrong. He is sometimes wrong, whatever he says,

Have I ever said you support reading?
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 45021
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by God is an Englishman »

I liked being on top wrote: You are wrong, you say you never are but you are 100% wrong!!!

Made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:
My source is VERY reliable.
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14010
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: England - 2018-19 EPL (formerly the 2017-18 EPL thread)

Post by The Isolated One »

God is an Englishman wrote:
I liked being on top wrote: You are wrong, you say you never are but you are 100% wrong!!!

Made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:
My source is VERY reliable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly not 100% reliable.

Post Reply