Cahill drunk

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cahill drunk

Post by God is an Englishman »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... R0t1H6hvLg

getting drunk and into a fight, you can take the boy out of Millwall but you'll never take the Millwall out of the boy. :D

ForzaChievo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Cahill drunk

Post by ForzaChievo »

Was blown way over the top, has been cleared by FFA.

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

A-Mac wrote:Was blown way over the top, has been cleared by FFA.
cleared within 3 hours by the FFA , move on

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The acb cleared waugh and warne.

A jury cleared O J Simpson.

The ICC cleared murali.

Being cleared doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

He had a bit too much to drink. The place was closing and they were asked to leave. They left without incident. The End.

The FFA spoke to the Cahill, teammates present and more importantly venue management. There was no complaint from venue management, any individual and no complaint from police. Thing is that hasn't stopped the anti-football media jumping all over this.

Check out The Football Tragic's piece in response to those damn journo's:
http://thefootballtragic.blogspot.com/
Sunday, June 14, 2009

Who's Afraid? - update #18
The Fairfax press might have its moments, but for real football refuser frothing, you can't beat the Murdoch stable. And this morning, they have been at it full bore.

The touchpaper? An incident involving Tim Cahill, at a Kings Cross nightclub. It's a calamitous day for football in this country, I tells ya:

A blind drunk Tim Cahill has shamed Australian soccer...

Cahill's disgrace soured the most important fortnight for the game in Australia...

The reports are an unwanted blemish on football's reputation in Australia...

In passing, there is a totally gratuitous reference to the club being a "popular hangout" for John Ibrahim. We get to the nub of the matter several paragraphs down, however:

Kings Cross police confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that they attended an incident at the club and investigators were reviewing Trademark's CCTV footage. But police said there was no official investigation.

David Riccio is a league writer, of course. I trust that, in this spirit of News Ltd. collegiality, John Taylor will be entrusted with coverage of the next NRL embarrassment.

Not content with the above cheeky beat-up, the Tele's Sports Editor, Phil Rothfield, decided to have his say. Mr. Rothfield's general maturity level can be gauged from his exchanges with fans here, in which, in passing, he made a proper idiot of himself:

I noticed last night the Socceroos didn’t even have a sponsor on their jerseys. I wonder why? Major companies are reluctant to put up money in this current climate. When they do put the cash in, they want media exposure which the coach is robbing them of.

Needless to say, he was pulled up on the above absurdity by an alert fan within minutes.

Back to his reaction to the Cahill incident. The misrepresentations of Mr. Riccio's piece are repeated, with some additional NRL whining, but the following is particularly amusing:

The NRL has shown the way when it comes to dealing with player misbehaviour.

As shown, of course, by the immaculate behaviour of their players in the wake of the panicky fines of recent times?

Surreal.
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Romerpoolaide wrote:I noticed last night the Socceroos didn’t even have a sponsor on their jerseys. I wonder why? Major companies are reluctant to put up money in this current climate. When they do put the cash in, they want media exposure which the coach is robbing them of.
Not many national sides have sponsors on their shirts, do they?

I know England don't and let's face it, England is a lot more marketable than australia.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Romerpoolaide wrote:I noticed last night the Socceroos didn’t even have a sponsor on their jerseys. I wonder why? Major companies are reluctant to put up money in this current climate. When they do put the cash in, they want media exposure which the coach is robbing them of.

I know England don't and let's face it, England is a lot more marketable than australia.
England have media shirts, they look like an away kit with sponsorship on the front, obviously they are not allowed to play in them but they use them for interviews ect.

If any national team were doing it it would Team USA.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

paul merson wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

England have media shirts, they look like an away kit with sponsorship on the front, obviously they are not allowed to play in them but they use them for interviews ect.

If any national team were doing it it would Team USA.
yes, nationwide (building society) are the main sponsors, but no-one has shirt sponsorship. Do FIFA even allow it?

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

I know England don't and let's face it, England is a lot more marketable than australia.[/quote]

If any national team were doing it it would Team USA.[/quote]

yes, nationwide (building society) are the main sponsors, but no-one has shirt sponsorship. Do FIFA even allow it?[/quote]

no, the only shirt sponsorship you can have is by the producer of the shirt, ie umbro

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Treat the mainstream media with the contempt they deserve. Regardless of whether it is in Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney......they all are protecting their own patch.

truth is nothing happened but it was Tim Cahill so they had to write something, and this bedtime story is as good as any other.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

God is an Englishman wrote:http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... R0t1H6hvLg

getting drunk and into a fight, you can take the boy out of Millwall but you'll never take the Millwall out of the boy. :D
Didn't realise Tim was born in Milwall :wink:

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

No national team in any competition carries a sponsor on the front of their strip in international competition. It’s FIFA policy. You can read it here:

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/i/e ... do/een.pdf
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

povman_2009 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... R0t1H6hvLg

Didn't realise Tim was born in Milwall :wink:
i thought you'd have known he was bornin sydney. His parents were born in Engand and samoa though. He also qualifies for ireland through his grand parents.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Drunk and fighting............. perfect MIllwall supporter :lol: :lol: :lol: