Ranieri sacked

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Ranieri sacked

Post by Juventino »

This has just been made official by the club. It was inevitable as the fans were against him, the rumour was senior players were against him, and recent results have been quite poor.

Ciro Ferrara will be the coach for the final two matches of the season with the early rumour suggesting he will be made permanent coach.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ranieri sacked

Post by getborn »

ciro :?: what do the juventini think :?: big task.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

getborn wrote:ciro :?: what do the juventini think :?: big task should he become permanent.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

What a surprise.

Vialli, Spalletti, Conte in the mix, maybe even Rijkaard.

Gasperini renewed with Genoa yesterday so he's out the race.

Who would the Juve supporters prefer??

I would go for Rijkaard.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Isn't Rijkaard short listed at Chelsea :?: ...............I think he [Rijkaard] would prefer a club like Chelsea and play in the Champions League rather than Juve. It will be an interesting Northern summer me thinks.

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Juventus FC »

E. Grant & Co wrote:Isn't Rijkaard short listed at Chelsea :?: ...............I think he [Rijkaard] would prefer a club like Chelsea and play in the Champions League rather than Juve. It will be an interesting Northern summer me thinks.
Yeh cos Juve didn't qualify

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

thought ancelotti was taking over at chelsea
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Kouklo Mou wrote:thought ancelotti was taking over at chelsea
I think you are right but no decision has been annouced in that area either.

If he [Ancelotti] procrastinates he may be over looked.........Would he end up at Juve?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

E. Grant & Co wrote:Isn't Rijkaard short listed at Chelsea :?: ...............I think he [Rijkaard] would prefer a club like Chelsea and play in the Champions League rather than Juve. It will be an interesting Northern summer me thinks.
Ancelotti is on his way to Chelsea.

Juventus will play champions league so im not sure what you are getting at by "he would rather coach at a team thats in the CL"??? Its a matter of whether they have to qualify if they finish 4th.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

E. Grant & Co wrote:
Kouklo Mou wrote:thought ancelotti was taking over at chelsea
I think you are right but no decision has been annouced in that area either.

If he [Ancelotti] procrastinates he may be over looked.........Would he end up at Juve?

he had a stint there in the late 90's - lost on the last day of the season to Lazio when they had to play in some atrocious conditions.

Did well at Parma and his record at Milan is quality.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

not sure what sacking Ranieri will achieve. Old saying -> doesn't matter how much you polish a turd it's still a ....

Who would want to coach Juve at the moment, list is far from perfect, plenty of players on the way out, expectations is sky high. No experience coach would want it, they'll have to go for a new up and coming like Conte or Ferrara.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

If the Diego rumour is true, then he will be a good addition.

Forwards are still good - Iaquinta is under rated, Amauri did well despite injuries, Del Piero's late form has been worrying. They should cash in on Trezeguet now.

Midfield is a worry - out with the dead wood - Poulsen, Tiago, Marchionni. Nedved to retire.

Giovinoc needs to play, so does marchisio and de ceglie.

Biggest problem is at the back - they leak goals for fun.

Mellberg is rubbish, although they did get him for free. Grygera is average and Molinaro....well im not even gonna say about him.

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

Ciro Ferrara, can only be a good thing for the club. has worked with lippi for italy and has such a strong history with Juve he will no doubt want to impress, i cant think of any one else bar lippi the older juve players like del piero etc would want to play for, im sure theyll turn it around and take 3rd or even 2nd spot with milan having two tough games ahead.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Scudetto8687 wrote:
Ancelotti is on his way to Chelsea.

Juventus will play champions league so im not sure what you are getting at by "he would rather coach at a team thats in the CL"??? Its a matter of whether they have to qualify if they finish 4th.
Scud> if Juve only finish 4th and then have to qualify to go into the main draw, I wouldn't be putting any money on that happening. But I take what you mean.

What I actually meant but didn't say, was that Juve isn't guaranteed a place in the main UCL draw next season......YET

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Juventus FC »

Juve wouldnt want to finish 4th, apparently rules have changed and its a possiblity 4th place in serie a could face 4th play in england to qualify

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

Relieved that Ranieri is finally gone!
A good coach builds his team around his best players, and Ranieri simply wasn't able to do that, leaving Del Piero, Gio, Amauri, De Ceglie all on the bench at some stage during the season.
Let's hope we can finish at least 3rd, 2nd is still possible..

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Arsenal V Juve match to qualify for the main draw.....what a way to start the season off.........

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I hope we get a Juventino as coach. At least they will understand the club and have affection for it, somebody like Conte. Obviously experience is a big problem though.

Next season if we have in defence Chiellini, Legrottalie, Criscito, Ariaudo and buy somebody else that will be good, and out wide in defence De Ceglie as a starter, Molinaro backup. Unless Criscito gets played out there more. Right back buy somebody and Grygera backup. Sell Zebina and Mellberg.

Midfield - Sissoko, Zanetti as backup, Marchisio with Tiago as backup (he is not the best but you cannot be buying too many new players, he adds some balance to the center of midfield), Camoranesi with Marchionni and Salihamidzic as backup, if we can get Diego that will be great. Giovinco can be backup as a trequartistra. Sell Poulsen and Nedved is retiring.

Up front Iaquinta and Amauri, Del Piero and Giovinco also there. Trezeguet is an interesting one. Injury has hampered him this season but we know he still has the quality. Although it may be time to cash in on him as somebody here has said. Maybe we can buy Palladino back? Or perhaps another one of our youngsters can get a run in the first team, like Immobile or Lanzafame.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

4 Full time managers and 2 interim ones since 2001 ... who would be a manager ... short shelf life ...

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

There has been a lot of crap happening though as well.

But Lippi and Capello left on their own accord, as did Deschamps but after disagreements with the board and only Ancelotti and Ranieri have been sacked.

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

Roy Hodgson is coming back to Italy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

Juventino wrote:I hope we get a Juventino as coach. At least they will understand the club and have affection for it, somebody like Conte. Obviously experience is a big problem though.

Next season if we have in defence Chiellini, Legrottalie, Criscito, Ariaudo and buy somebody else that will be good, and out wide in defence De Ceglie as a starter, Molinaro backup. Unless Criscito gets played out there more. Right back buy somebody and Grygera backup. Sell Zebina and Mellberg.

Midfield - Sissoko, Zanetti as backup, Marchisio with Tiago as backup (he is not the best but you cannot be buying too many new players, he adds some balance to the center of midfield), Camoranesi with Marchionni and Salihamidzic as backup, if we can get Diego that will be great. Giovinco can be backup as a trequartistra. Sell Poulsen and Nedved is retiring.

Up front Iaquinta and Amauri, Del Piero and Giovinco also there. Trezeguet is an interesting one. Injury has hampered him this season but we know he still has the quality. Although it may be time to cash in on him as somebody here has said. Maybe we can buy Palladino back? Or perhaps another one of our youngsters can get a run in the first team, like Immobile or Lanzafame.
dont forget the return of canna! chiellini maybe back to left back with legro and canna central pairing

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Yep, that deal has now been made official.

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Pinturicchio wrote:Ciro Ferrara, can only be a good thing for the club. has worked with lippi for italy and has such a strong history with Juve he will no doubt want to impress, i cant think of any one else bar lippi the older juve players like del piero etc would want to play for, im sure theyll turn it around and take 3rd or even 2nd spot with milan having two tough games ahead.
stick to making machiatones son - NFI.
Last edited by 10 on Wed May 20, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

who ever would have thought...

juventus turning to not one but two napulitane' :wink:

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

if i were you id be worrying about our position/future champ.
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Blue Mastiff wrote:if i were you id be worrying about our position/future champ.
youre not, so dont.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Sorry forentering the debate so late, but have only just read about Ranieri as I'm out of town on business, but I am shocked and angry, I don't agree with this move.
Not before the end of the season, I don't believe we would of lost third place.
I didn't always agree with his selections, subs of formations, but he did more right then wrong, I don't think we had enough quality defensivley and had too many injuries in a squad that lacked depth to be a real threat.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Aapparently they are looking at Scholari too replace him. Hopefully he does a better job with the Juve strikers than he did with Drogba.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Juventino wrote:I hope we get a Juventino as coach. At least they will understand the club and have affection for it, somebody like Conte. Obviously experience is a big problem though.

and you'll still be playing for a top 4 spot.

Names like Legrottalie, Criscito, Ariaudo, De Ceglie, Molinaro, Grygera, Zanetti, Marchisio, Tiago, Marchionni, Palladino, Immobile, Lanzafame and Salihamidzic are hardly world beaters. Do you really expect to see a team photo celebrating a scudetto with these names on it next year. Maybe in years to come but to get them all to step up is mission impossible. They're not the sort of names that top flight clubs would be jumping over themselves to sign up.

Still makes me laugh how many strikers Juve are linked to. Normally you'd think it's just media spin but the Juve board appear to be backing it up with their comments. Champion teams are always built from the back. Milan went through plenty of forwards in the late 80's to mid 90's it was only when Baresi and co left that they fell off their perch.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you