Leeds Vs Milwall

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Leeds Vs Milwall

Post by ozzie owl »

FA to investigate Millwall crowd disturbance

The Football Association are to investigate the crowd trouble which marred Saturday's League One play-off semi-final first leg between Millwall and Leeds.

A number of spectators entered the field after Neil Harris' 71st-minute winner for Millwall and the FA have confirmed that they are to make enquiries and gather information from all concerned parties following the clash at the Den.

Leeds goalkeeper Casper Ankergren was subjected to taunts by the Millwall fans following the goal and also had missiles thrown at him, and Scotland Yard have confirmed that one man has been arrested on suspicion of assault.

The FA's decision to look into the incident comes on the back of the Danish goalkeeper's plea for action be taken against the London club.

''There was something thrown at me, I didn't see what it was as I turned my back on it,'' he told BBC Sport. ''It's very bad for football and Millwall should be punished.

''I was pushed in the back by one of the fans that came on the pitch too. It should never happen, fans should not be allowed on to the pitch.

''I'm not sure what the security were doing as no-one came to remove them. They are meant to be here to protect the players, it's not good enough.

''Anything could have happened, luckily it didn't and hopefully I wouldn't experience that again.

''English fans are normally much better than Danish fans, who always throw stuff on the pitch and at players.

''But it's happened here at Millwall and I hope something will be done. It is a disgrace to football.''

Millwall have confirmed that any fans arrested will be banned from all their games for the foreseeable future and that Ankergren has received apologies from the club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Games all over the country had players going onto the pitch to celebrate goals being scored this weekend, these games just mean so much that some spill over of that passion will occur.

Note that only one of these games received the media attention and labelled them all as hooligans.

Apparently, something was thrown at the prick of a Leeds keeper, but only after he spat at someone. If the FA are going to investigate the incident, let's hope they investigate that as well.

Oh well in relation to the media beat up on us again.

NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE!!

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

:lol: at the username God is an Englishman, almost as bad as the yanks referring to the US of A as God's country.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

American Setanta lads, have it through my net subscription.

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

God is an Englishman wrote:Games all over the country had players going onto the pitch to celebrate goals being scored this weekend, these games just mean so much that some spill over of that passion will occur.

Note that only one of these games received the media attention and labelled them all as hooligans.

Apparently, something was thrown at the prick of a Leeds keeper, but only after he spat at someone. If the FA are going to investigate the incident, let's hope they investigate that as well.

If you don't care, what's with the 3 paragraphs of excuses and defending ? If you really didn't care, you'd just let it go...... :roll:
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

redmum wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Games all over the country had players going onto the pitch to celebrate goals being scored this weekend, these games just mean so much that some spill over of that passion will occur.

If you don't care, what's with the 3 paragraphs of excuses and defending ? If you really didn't care, you'd just let it go...... :roll:
I just want fair treatment, that is surely a must whether or not we are liked and whether or not I care.

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

Lilly Whites wrote:American Setanta lads, have it through my net subscription.
how u hook that up ? how much is it ???

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote:
redmum wrote:

I just want fair treatment, that is surely a must whether or not we are liked and whether or not I care.
The appalling history of your supporters means you are not going to a get fair go.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:The appalling history of your supporters means you are not going to a get fair go.
and there's the problem, a vicious circle. The press treat us like lepers on the game when we have minor instances eg. there were probably people on the pitch at hillsborough this season - with no media coverage and this encourages people who think it's "tough" to support Millwall.

Secondly, the more the press treat us in this way, the more opposition fans like to try and take on the "top boys", so the more we have defend ourselves.

Anyway, a basis of the legal system is that previous offences are not allowed to be brought up in a trial situation. Do you really think the FA think in that manner?

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

I think you need to change the Milwall slogan to.....
Nobody cares
and you dont like it.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Welcome back Hawkesy.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Did I read someone's post correctly, "PLAYERS GOING ONTO THE PITCH TO CELEBRATE" where the hell were they before the goal was scored ? Hiding in the tunnel ?? :lol:

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

ozzie owl wrote:The appalling history of your supporters means you are not going to a get fair go.
and there's the problem, a vicious circle. The press treat us like lepers on the game when we have minor instances eg. there were probably people on the pitch at hillsborough this season - with no media coverage and this encourages people who think it's "tough" to support Millwall.

Secondly, the more the press treat us in this way, the more opposition fans like to try and take on the "top boys", so the more we have defend ourselves.

Anyway, a basis of the legal system is that previous offences are not allowed to be brought up in a trial situation. Do you really think the FA think in that manner?
If GOD is an Englishman and there is no god then does that mean there are no Englishmen :wink:

Sinn Féin
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sinn Féin »

Twitchyarry wrote:I think you need to change the Milwall slogan to.....
Nobody cares
and you dont like it.
.......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\.................|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_.............|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Twitchyarry wrote:I think you need to change the Milwall slogan to.....
Nobody cares
and you dont like it.
biggest small club in the world.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

A Millwall supporter accusing another club's supporters of being insensitive?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DON HALA MADRID »

The problem with Millwall supporters is that they believe that they are a law unto themselves. Whereas Leeds supporters are just as stupid but at least know that the piglets will punish them, and understand this.
ImageImage

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

has anyone used this site http://www.footyonline.tv/

says it has the game on just see if any one can recomend it or not

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Hala Madrid wrote:The problem with Millwall supporters is that they believe that they are a law unto themselves. Whereas Leeds supporters are just as stupid but at least know that the piglets will punish them, and understand this.
have you ever been to a Millwall game?

I presume not, so you are judging them on the media and making the same mistake as everyone else.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:A Millwall supporter accusing another club's supporters of being insensitive?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
did I miss something? I haven't seen a Millwall supporter doing that.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Gee now there are two Milwall supporters in Adelaide, Hawksey and this new guy :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

povman_2009 wrote:Gee now there are two Milwall supporters in Adelaide, Hawksey and this new guy :lol:
There's more than 2. I had a guy come up to me discussing his support for Millwall when I was out running, 'Arry Cripps is a Millwall boy, as are my kids and the bloke who runs my local. I also met a guy in Glenelg once who was an aussie Millwall supporter.

There used to be 2 more, but they moved to Sydney.

Also, a bloke involved with the running of the Flinders Uni side and his son who plays are Lions as well.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

I caught a fish, :lol:

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

povman_2009 wrote:I caught a fish, :lol:
:lol: Now watch as he flutters around trying to tell everyone that he never took the bait, wasn't caught out etc etc...... :wink:
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

once who was an aussie Millwall supporter
That was me, the day you played in the Cup Final.....

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

povman_2009 wrote:Gee now there are two Milwall supporters in Adelaide, Hawksey and this new guy :lol:
There's more than 2. I had a guy come up to me discussing his support for Millwall when I was out running, 'Arry Cripps is a Millwall boy, as are my kids and the bloke who runs my local. I also met a guy in Glenelg once who was an aussie Millwall supporter.

Also, a bloke involved with the running of the Flinders Uni side and his son who plays are Lions as well.
Saw a car with a Millwall sticker on it at AAIMI stadium the other week, maybe Hawkesy is a closet AFL fan.

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Loppermann wrote:I think you underestimate how small scousers' lives are... there's football and that's it, none of them have jobs or families or teeth

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

Hawksey, were marching on together, all ten of us :D

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

game on