Liverpool vs Chelsea

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea

Post by Bomber »

Can concentrate on EPL now. :|
Ignore this signature

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Fantastic result this morning, couldn't have asked for anything better. Essien has been the key to our resurgence along with Hiddink. Good to see he stuck by his word & attacked liverpoo instead of sitting back & defending. It aint over yet by a long shot as we all know what Liverpoo are like in the CL but we have taken a fantastic stride towards the semi's.

Is the tide turning in Chelsea's favour in these CL ties now with last year & now possibly this year?

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Jimbob wrote:
Levendi wrote:we were minging this morning and got what we deserved, we were defending like we had g.neville in our back 4, some really awful stuff.

no-one has been good, so not going to pick on anyone in particular, except for lucas, who, even though he gets caught doing it everyweek, still thinks he has 4 hours on the ball. can't believe how often he gets caught in possession and loses the ball. he's one ordinary player, does nothing defensively or offensively, why could Mascha have played?

on a normal day, those first two goals from chelsea probably wouldn't have been scored, but tough titties, they were scored. can't see us scoring 3+ at Stamford but stranger things have happened.
You are really a silly little c*nt. Look at Neville's medal haul and then look at Gerrard's. His brother Phil hasn't won a trophy in 5 years and he's probably still won more than Stevie G.
:lol:

is that you Gary?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Bovver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bovver »

Chelsea were a bit unlucky not to be 5 or so in their away goal kit,and what a game the serb played he pretty much ripped liverpools heart out while it was still beating,the kop was stunned,should of had a hatrick along with drogba.We'lll be hard to beat at the bridge so goodbye liverpool and bring on barcelona.Premature i know but thats football.
"I was a childhood genius but suffered from ADD i invented dice and bubble wrap when i was 6 years of age and the money was put in a trust fund until i was 30- when I was 30 i got the money i went Las vegas and blew 90% of it in the first week"

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Bovver wrote:Chelsea were a bit unlucky not to be 5 or so in their away goal kit,and what a game the serb played he pretty much ripped liverpools heart out while it was still beating,the kop was stunned,should of had a hatrick along with drogba.We'lll be hard to beat at the bridge so goodbye liverpool and bring on barcelona.Premature i know but thats football.
Lets keep in mind that Liverpool are the team that you never EVER write off, im not saying that Liverpool WILL win the second leg but 3-0 is a very acheivable scoreline. Liverpool have quality and depth and usually bounce back after big defeats. Chelsea on the other hand will miss John Terry next week who is a very hard man to replace, you are right Bovver Premature indeed..........

....... We are playing Football here anything can happen :D
HA'WAY THE LADS

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Levendi wrote:come off it, lucas is a liability. yeah he's young, well put him in the ressies then. he does nothing that you or i couldn't do.
Spot on Tobes!!!

Kunta Kintay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Kunta Kintay »

Chelsea fully deserved their win this morning. After FT9 scored the game changed quite dramatically. I think we just had a bad day, but take nothing away from the blue scum they deserved it. A few points:

- Gerrard obviously wasn't fit, he was under a cloud coming in and missed his usual bite. Essien did a good job though
- I reckon Rafa got it wrong with his usual 4-5-1 formation. Alonso was pitted against Lampard, Ballack and Essien and stood no chance as Lucas wasn't up to the challenge. Mascherano has been the key to clashes between these two in the past and his absence exposed Lucas' quality or lack there of. Easy in hindsight but maybe Rafa should have gone 4-4-2 with Kuyt up front with FT9 and Yossi starting on the right of midfield with Gerrard in the guts with Xabi.
- Xabi Alonso and Michael Essien are the 2 best central midfielders in Europe IMO
- Didier Drogba is beast of a footballer. Doesn't have a weakness except for his diving and whinging.

Congrats Chelsea.

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

I thought Petr Cech had a really good game this morning, he looked confident like he used to - in the air especially. Even though there was little in terms of tough shots on target, he moved off of his line brilliantly both in the air and on the ground...really good to see
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

if only Kuyt finished that one on one after their first :evil:

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

refs can't gift you the tie like against Arsenal, this year :lol:

Guus >>> Rafa

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

no torres, no gerrard = no pooh

well in chelski

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

MUFCBOY wrote:no torres, no gerrard = no pooh

well in chelski
:clown:
The whole team didn't perform this morning. And we've proven time and time again we can win without Gerrard or Torres..I believe we proved it against you scum at Anfield earlier in the season.

Oh and whoever started talking about Gary Neville and his medal haul...Wow. Just wow. Just because his TEAM has won medals..does not make him world class..
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

Kunta Kintay wrote:Chelsea fully deserved their win this morning. After FT9 scored the game changed quite dramatically. I think we just had a bad day, but take nothing away from the blue scum they deserved it. A few points:

- Gerrard obviously wasn't fit, he was under a cloud coming in and missed his usual bite. Essien did a good job though
- I reckon Rafa got it wrong with his usual 4-5-1 formation. Alonso was pitted against Lampard, Ballack and Essien and stood no chance as Lucas wasn't up to the challenge. Mascherano has been the key to clashes between these two in the past and his absence exposed Lucas' quality or lack there of. Easy in hindsight but maybe Rafa should have gone 4-4-2 with Kuyt up front with FT9 and Yossi starting on the right of midfield with Gerrard in the guts with Xabi.
- Xabi Alonso and Michael Essien are the 2 best central midfielders in Europe IMO
- Didier Drogba is beast of a footballer. Doesn't have a weakness except for his diving and whinging.

Congrats Chelsea.
Wow big claim! But seeing as I highly rate both players I wont outright disagree lol. Definitely two of the best. I can't believe you guys were going to get rid of Alonso at the start of the season. Talk about dodging a bullet there.

To be completely honest didn't see that sort of a scoreline, away, before the start of the match. I remember a few seasons ago we beat Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield but apart from that they have been very close, tight affairs. Boys deserved the win, just have to follow it up next week and not get ahead of ourselves but I don't think Guus will let the boys get out of hand.

Lucas has always been cabernet, get rid of him while you still can. Hard pressed to think of if I'd rather him or G. Neville in my side ;)

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

pires7 wrote:refs can't gift you the tie like against Arsenal, this year :lol:

Guus >>> Rafa
well said pires, when they don't have the luck on there side like last year, they struggled.

Too be honest i'm very shocked with the result!

Chelsea vs Barca in the semi final.
Could be an EPL top 4 final again this year

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

:wink:
Last edited by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Everyone should just pack up and go home - Barca are absolutely unbelieveable at the moment.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Dan Agger wrote:

well in chelski
The whole team didn't perform this morning. And we've proven time and time again we can win without Gerrard or Torres..I believe we proved it against you scum at Anfield earlier in the season.

Oh and whoever started talking about Gary Neville and his medal haul...Wow. Just wow. Just because his TEAM has won medals..does not make him world class..

Absolutely spot on thank you very much.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Scudetto8687 wrote:
Dan Agger wrote:

well in chelski

Absolutely spot on thank you very much.
Sorry, you guys are wrong, Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan would walk into any team's first XI

messidona
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by messidona »

Scudetto8687 wrote:Everyone should just pack up and go home - Barca are absolutely unbelieveable at the moment.
They played well but Bayern was just woeful.They lost 5-1 to Wolfsburg on the weekend!!
"I'm not injury prone"- Michael Owen

messidona
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by messidona »

Kunta Kintay wrote: Doesn't have a weakness except for his diving and whinging.
and the jerry-curl hair needs to go!! :lol: :lol:
"I'm not injury prone"- Michael Owen

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

liverpoo to finish trophyless this season?
what a failure that would be for them :lol:

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

crap game for lpool.. good game for chelsea..

only hope we got is terry is suspended for the 2nd leg
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

messidona wrote:
Kunta Kintay wrote: Doesn't have a weakness except for his diving and whinging.
and the jerry-curl hair needs to go!! :lol: :lol:
thought drogba's hair was straight

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

delfino_1936 wrote:liverpoo to finish trophyless this season?
have arsenal won something this season?

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

While everyone saying its not over, im officially writing Liverpool off, Lucas is shite, he always has been and always will be, not matter how many of you pool supporters talk him up (not all pool supporters, just the blind ones)
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

FT9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by FT9 »

farout not happy was on shitty yr 12 retreat so missed the game :(
buuuuuuuuut i woke up to an arsenal supporter telling me chelsea romped pool 3-1 and i was up running around in my jocks in the 4 degree mylor weather absolutely lovin it
from what i can gather chelsea should hav won by more but i havnt seen the game so yea..... :P
ImageImage

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Ella Re wrote:
delfino_1936 wrote:liverpoo to finish trophyless this season?
have arsenal won something this season?
we're a chance

hopefully liverpool win the league anyway!

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Honestly, we're lucky to be walking away from this game only having conceded 3..
We were well and truly flogged in that second half.

I'm not all that confident that we can do it, but it is possible to still progress. So hopefully we can pull ourselves together by the next leg and play like we did against the Mancs and Madrid. Well played to Chelsea though..Never would've imagined losing like that at Anfield this morning.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

chelsea91
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chelsea91 »

I thought Drogba screwd it up for us with his missed chances but then we hit the back of the net, great result but dont count Liverpool out..

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

Definitely not counting Liverpool out. Should be fine, would be one hell of a turnaround for us to concede 3 at the Bridge without reply, but I am nervous about not having Terry for the next leg. Our defense is looking pretty makeshift as it is at the moment.