Ronaldo: I Am The Best In The World!

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

He deserves to win World Footballer of the Year, but to say you are number one two and three pffffffffffft just proves he is a twat with ZERO Humility.

Cristiano Ronaldo believes that he has done everything that he can to win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards and claims that he is number one, two and three in the world.

Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the favourites to win the personal gongs next month after a sensational season with Manchester United last time out, but he recognised that other players were also in the running.

In an interview with Sao Paulo-based paper O Estado, Ronaldo stated that he wants to win the awards but also to go on and try and have an even better campaign this time around.

"I am the first, the second and the third best player in the world. But there are other good candidates like Kaká, Messi and Fernando Torres," he said.

"I think I did everything that is necessary to win and I want to continue doing even more.

"My aim is to win everything that is front of me."

Pelé has heaped praise on Ronaldo too ahead of Portugal's international friendly with Brazil and the United playmaker is flattered by the words of the legendary star.

"That means a lot to me. He was a great player and it is a special feeling to earn the praise of someone like Pelé," he continued.

Looking ahead to the game in Brasilia on Wednesday, Ronaldo stated that he feels A Seleção still have the greatest players and that things will come good again for them.

"They have, without doubt, the best player in the world and an excellent team, despite the negative results that they have had in some recent games," he added.

These comments are unlikely to win Ronaldo too many admirers with those who say that he is too quick to blow his own trumpet

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Ronaldo: I Am The Best In The World!

Post by Judge Judy »

he's such a cocky bottle of shiraz, but all great players have their flaws
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

I rate Messi far better than him - if Messi was playing in the EPL, he'll be scoring hatricks every week... even more..

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

Napoli wrote:I rate Messi far better than him - if Messi was playing in the EPL, he'll be scoring hatricks every week... even more..
completely agree.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

marcNRG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by marcNRG »

Ronaldo would be scoring hatricks every week in La Liga...

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Scudetto8687 wrote:He deserves to win World Footballer of the Year, but to say you are number one two and three pffffffffffft just proves he is a twat with ZERO Humility.

Cristiano Ronaldo believes that he has done everything that he can to win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards and claims that he is number one, two and three in the world.

Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the favourites to win the personal gongs next month after a sensational season with Manchester United last time out, but he recognised that other players were also in the running.

In an interview with Sao Paulo-based paper O Estado, Ronaldo stated that he wants to win the awards but also to go on and try and have an even better campaign this time around.

"I am the first, the second and the third best player in the world. But there are other good candidates like Kaká, Messi and Fernando Torres," he said.

"I think I did everything that is necessary to win and I want to continue doing even more.

Pelé has heaped praise on Ronaldo too ahead of Portugal's international friendly with Brazil and the United playmaker is flattered by the words of the legendary star.

"That means a lot to me. He was a great player and it is a special feeling to earn the praise of someone like Pelé," he continued.

Looking ahead to the game in Brasilia on Wednesday, Ronaldo stated that he feels A Seleção still have the greatest players and that things will come good again for them.

"They have, without doubt, the best player in the world and an excellent team, despite the negative results that they have had in some recent games," he added.

These comments are unlikely to win Ronaldo too many admirers with those who say that he is too quick to blow his own trumpet

ibra is the same, always talks himelf up about being the best in the world.... but thats y players like ronaldo and co are great... they set themselves high standards... they come out and say they are the best so they can go prove a point to themselves and the world

FT9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by FT9 »

he has great football ability
but that doesnt change the fact that he is a bottle of shiraz twat
ImageImage

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Scudetto8687 wrote:He deserves to win World Footballer of the Year, but to say you are number one two and three pffffffffffft just proves he is a twat with ZERO Humility.

I dont like Ibra either - first to admit he is truly world class but shiraz he is a rose.

ibra is the same, always talks himelf up about being the best in the world.... but thats y players like ronaldo and co are great... they set themselves high standards... they come out and say they are the best so they can go prove a point to themselves and the world
I dont like Ibra either, first to admit he is truly truly world class, but shiraz ke is a c'ocky rose
Last edited by El Pibe D'Oro on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

MUFCBOY wrote:

you can be humble though...if you want to set yourself high standards do so, you dont need to convey it to the world how great you are - its really just shows how much of a tosser he is.

I honestly think ronaldo and messi are the best players in the world...but i think you will find messi will be so much more humble when asked about himself.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Humility is the key word - Gerrard, Kaka, Torres, Raul, Del Piero, Maldini - all the greats at the moment playing and they are all full of humility - Messi included.

Baptista
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Baptista »

he has every right to say he is
over 40 goals for a winger
i hate the bloke but he has a right to say it

hellas_08
Star Player
Star Player

Post by hellas_08 »

ronaldo is a peice of shiraz cabernet
sell him to madrid and get 4 or 5 youngsters
and i go for man united in premier league

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

He has become truly world class since last season, before that he was just a good player IMO, had the tricks but wasn't winning games off his own boot.
So what has he done agianst the best in the competition?

He has played 26 games vs Top 4 opposition for 6 goals (1 was a penalty)
Thus he has scored an amazing 68 goals in 108(~38) games against the rest, a figure that would be even better if european competition was factored out. Common knowledge on how to stop him simply doesn't exist, no doubt people are trying, but his technical ability is amazing. Can score from long range, can hit a ball with both feet, reliable from the spot, great in the air and getting better at the art of free kicks each season.
Also in the last two years he has 4 goals in 9 games vs top 4 teams (1p) much more effective it would seem.
3 of his 21 international goals have come against top 10 footballing nations, some improvements at this level are required, perhaps playing in the EPL is to blame for this.

If we say his weapon is goals. I.e. he doesn't have to defend as deep as the conventional midfiled we can compare him to Drogba who is called a big game player
34 games vs Top 4 teams for 13 goals
After his first 10 games he has scored 12 goals in 24 games, an amount compareable to C. Ronaldo in the past two seasons, yet he has to his credit, the winner in an FA Cup final, Ronaldo likewise scored in the UCL final.

So what of our legendary gooner Henry, didn't play as a midifelder but credited with some 77 assists in his Arsenal career. No slow start for Henry 5 goals in his first 10 games v top class opponents
In total scored 21 goals in 42 games against the top 4 (2 pen). Often not considered a big game player, but these number compare nicely with drogba and Ronaldo, with the key element being this is consistent over 8 years at Arsenal.

So it would appear Ronaldo is matching what the former 'best' players in the competetion were doing and then some. His eye for goals against the rest is what is setting him apart, but to be considered one of the best you need to produce against the best, such as Del Piero's recent run has shown and also highlighted by the media's joy at watching Kaka consistantly perform against quality opposition in Milan's 2007 CL triumph.

*note chelsea included as top class opposition from 2003/04 season onwards
Last edited by pires7 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

i remember when someone asked kaka last year if he should win the award

although he believed he had a great year he was full of praise for his teammates too get him too where he was, praise for the other great players who were up for the award who pushed him too be better

was a great interview.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

if i were ronaldo, i'll said im the best in the world as well ..
dont u think it's so damn fake if he said something like : actually i dont think im the best, there r other players out there who r much better than me" - come on .. he's the best .. no doubt about that .. he just speak everything out of his mind rather then hide and be a fake person !!

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

I wouldn't say he is the best in the world, all he can do is dribble and wreak havoc with his tricks on the defenders of smaller clubs to score goals and when it comes to top teams like Milan, Barcelona, Chelski, Arsenal etc. He gets destroyed and doesn't do much.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Kaka, Messi >>>>>> Ronaldo

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

pires' stat proves he can play well against lower teams making him a big game flop therefore he isn't the best in the world. the best players perfom in the best matches and he doesn't. messi ftw

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

someone needs to knock this prick out
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

a1079978
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by a1079978 »

I have put much thought into this topic and have come to some conclusions. Ronaldo is probably the best in the world at taking on players and individually posesses alot of skill and power. As for fitting in with a team and linking up with and creating chances for your team mates i think Messi and Kaka are better than Ronaldo at this. Yes Ronaldo beats defenders and yes he scores the occasional great free kick but this does not make him the overall greatest player in the world. Ronaldo simply runs at pace at defenders and physically is capable of achieving more than Messi and Kaka (for pace and power in the air), but when it comes to a tactically played game involving linking up with your team mates i think Messi and Kaka are far better then Ronaldo for this. Ronaldo is like Dodd in the a-league (obviously a far better player but for comparisons sake), quick, takes on players and powerful in the air but is not as good tactically when linking up with players around him. I saw Ronaldo give the ball away far to many times in the Euro 2008 when playing for Portugal to be warranted the best player in the world and this was when it counted most on the world stage. I recon Deco is a better player than Ronaldo.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

pires7 wrote:He has become truly world class since last season, before that he was just a good player IMO, had the tricks but wasn't winning games off his own boot.
So what has he done agianst the best in the competition?

He has played 26 games vs Top 4 opposition for 6 goals (1 was a penalty)
Thus he has scored an amazing 68 goals in 108(~38) games against the rest, a figure that would be even better if european competition was factored out. Common knowledge on how to stop him simply doesn't exist, no doubt people are trying, but his technical ability is amazing. Can score from long range, can hit a ball with both feet, reliable from the spot, great in the air and getting better at the art of free kicks each season.
Also in the last two years he has 4 goals in 9 games vs top 4 teams (1p) much more effective it would seem.
3 of his 21 international goals have come against top 10 footballing nations, some improvements at this level are required, perhaps playing in the EPL is to blame for this.

If we say his weapon is goals. I.e. he doesn't have to defend as deep as the conventional midfiled we can compare him to Drogba who is called a big game player
34 games vs Top 4 teams for 13 goals
After his first 10 games he has scored 12 goals in 24 games, an amount compareable to C. Ronaldo in the past two seasons, yet he has to his credit, the winner in an FA Cup final, Ronaldo likewise scored in the UCL final.

So what of our legendary gooner Henry, didn't play as a midifelder but credited with some 77 assists in his Arsenal career. No slow start for Henry 5 goals in his first 10 games v top class opponents
In total scored 21 goals in 42 games against the top 4 (2 pen). Often not considered a big game player, but these number compare nicely with drogba and Ronaldo, with the key element being this is consistent over 8 years at Arsenal.

So it would appear Ronaldo is matching what the former 'best' players in the competetion were doing and then some. His eye for goals against the rest is what is setting him apart, but to be considered one of the best you need to produce against the best, such as Del Piero's recent run has shown and also highlighted by the media's joy at watching Kaka consistantly perform against quality opposition in Milan's 2007 CL triumph.

*note chelsea included as top class opposition from 2003/04 season onwards
ronaldo has the trophies 2 bak it up

and if he was playin for any of ur teams ud love him

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

What's the world's greatest pick up line? One that works on backyarders, or one for supermodels :wink:

Looking at figures can be good sometimes, all I have stated was that against top class opposition he is no more lethal than Henry or Drogba and I would consider him a forward. Nothing about not wanting a player similar at Arsenal you just made that up as an ad hominem attack as you can't deny the stats. You could say VDS is the best keeper because he won the titles alone, or back it up with the fact that he stopped 80% of shots on target last season, the leagues best :wink:

GiveNgog
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by GiveNgog »

adriano10 wrote:someone needs to knock this prick out

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by tickets4cheese »

pires7 wrote:What's the world's greatest pick up line? One that works on backyarders, or one for supermodels :wink:

Looking at figures can be good sometimes, all I have stated was that against top class opposition he is no more lethal than Henry or Drogba and I would consider him a forward. Nothing about not wanting a player similar at Arsenal you just made that up as an ad hominem attack as you can't deny the stats. You could say VDS is the best keeper because he won the titles alone, or back it up with the fact that he stopped 80% of shots on target last season, the leagues best :wink:
i think the most important stat is 42 goals in a season, back that up with the league and champs league double and i would say he is the best player in the world at this time and has had a better season than any other player in the premier leagues history.

do you know how many assists ronaldo also got last season on his way to 42 goals? i haven't checked but i would imagine it would also be an impressive number.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - King Eric

http://www.parahillseastsoccerclub.com/

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

tickets4cheese wrote:
pires7 wrote:What's the world's greatest pick up line? One that works on backyarders, or one for supermodels :wink:

i think the most important stat is 42 goals in a season, back that up with the league and champs league double and i would say he is the best player in the world at this time and has had a better season than any other player in the premier leagues history.

do you know how many assists ronaldo also got last season on his way to 42 goals? i haven't checked but i would imagine it would also be an impressive number.

I have no problem with the self proclamation - but to dismiss other players by saying I am 1, 2 and 3 is just sheer lack of respect for fellow professionals.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Scudetto8687 wrote:
tickets4cheese wrote:

I have no problem with the self proclamation - but to dismiss other players by saying I am 1, 2 and 3 is just sheer lack of respect for fellow professionals.
I agree must be humble in success never know what awaits you around the corner.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

i've never seen any boss being humble etc ..
the same apply to here ..
if u trying to be humble / fake, u will never be success ..
no wonder im not a boss just yet now

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Thats why you are a f'uckhead.

Gees you just make no sense - so you are saying messi cant be the best in the nworld because he is humble?

Kaka shouldnt have won it because he is humble.

nice person.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

and what's wrong with that if he just speak the truth

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

ronaldo07 wrote:and what's wrong with that if he just speak the truth

who the fuck :?: Myanmar :?: :lol:

Internationals - Friendly November 18

FT Myanmar 4 - 1 Malaysia