Stevie Me

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Stevie Me

Post by Hawkesy »

Apparently injured and will miss England's upcoming friendly.

SUPRISE SUPRISE!! Bet he's fit for the next sniverpool game.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Stevie Me

Post by Piola »

Was reading earlier in the Italian media that Capello has ordered him to front up and prove to the England staff that he really is unfit to play.

Hope he gets caught out.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

well in stevie
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Laziale wrote:Was reading earlier in the Italian media that Capello has ordered him to front up and prove to the England staff that he really is unfit to play.

Hope he gets caught out.
I hope you're right, getting pissed off with constantly doing this. If he doesn't want to play for England then retire like those chardonnays carragher, scholes and shearer.

Oh and add in

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

your a scouse before your English... I love you Stevie GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

hellas_08
Star Player
Star Player

Post by hellas_08 »

it is always gerrard and terry i think u english should not call those grenache up if they cant be bothered playing for their country

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

well done stevie :D liverpool is more important than england :)

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

hellas_08 wrote:it is always gerrard and terry i think u english should not call those grenache up if they cant be bothered playing for their country
Well hopefully Capello has the balls to do exactly that. I'd rather have 11 blokes who want to be there.

Oh and add in

TDGv2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TDGv2 »

He's hardly a game winner for England anyway. Capello should follow Van Basten's example and clear the national squad of 'name' players who are only in it for themselves and play the guys who want to wear the shirt.

Always thought Carrick is the best English midfielder suited to international football anyway. He's the only guy who knows how to control the pace of the game.
I don't know where you pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Laziale wrote:Was reading earlier in the Italian media that Capello has ordered him to front up and prove to the England staff that he really is unfit to play.

Hope he gets caught out.

Me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

cole_trickle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by cole_trickle »

Gerrard was asked to report for duty by England boss Fabio Capello despite Liverpool claiming he was unavailable after picking up a groin injury at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. But after making the 200-mile journey to the team's Hertfordshire hotel the FA medical staff deemed the diagnosis to be correct.

well at least lampard might play well now.

Gerrard's midfield partner Lampard also misses out after scans on a rib injury he picked up at West Bromwich Albion at the weekend revealed he would not be fit enough to be involved at the Olympic Stadium.

damn.lol 8)
------------------------
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU HARRY

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

LFTWNG11 wrote:I love you Stevie GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
credibility lost.

GiveNgog
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by GiveNgog »

totsreds08 wrote:well done stevie :D liverpool is more important than england :)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Im with Hawkesy on this one - either you want to play for your country or you dont.

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Stefano Gerrardo needs to listen to Capello.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

hope mannience gets a run, going to be some defender if he can get a look in at chelsea or another prem team.

should play barry and carrick in the centre of midfield with young and walcott on either side. would love that midfield.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Hawkesy wrote:

Hope he gets caught out.
I hope you're right, getting pissed off with constantly doing this. If he doesn't want to play for England then retire like those chardonnays carragher, scholes and shearer.
This is nothing new Hawkesy :? ManU have been doing this for years as have Chelski in recent times. Why no comment about Rio and Rooney (granted they didn't play on the weekend but i bet they play against Villa in their next game) or about Frank Lampard :?: Are you a Manc in disguise & you support all London clubs :wink:

And whilst i agree with the part of it they don't want to play then retire, i wouldn't call Scholes and Carragher chardonnays for prolonging their club careers and putting their club before thier country as it's their decision and to the people who follow them clubs it's acknowledged & appreciated.

As for Stevie G he has always stated how much he loves playing for England and this is shown in his performances in whatever poistion he's played. I for one would love it if Stevie Me retired from England and focussed entirely for Liverpool especially with so called England fans ready to jump all over him with any decision that does not meet their short term approval (ie. meaningless friendly game FFS when LFC has EPL and UCL game with the next week) when the long term is probably being looked at by both the player and his club.

Bottom line is when it comes to SG if he was fit he would be playing friendly or not :!:

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

The Beeb wrote:"Gerrard reported for duty last night, was assessed by the medics, scanned this morning, it's a legitimate injury and he goes back to his club for treatment,"
kthxbi
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

The Beeb wrote:"Gerrard reported for duty last night, was assessed by the medics, scanned this morning, it's a legitimate injury and he goes back to his club for treatment,"
So that's the end of that chapter. EPL UCL > Friendlies
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Romerpoolaide wrote:
So that's the end of that chapter. EPL UCL > Friendlies
Playing against germany is more than a friendly. If i was offered a game in this fixture but told i would have to have both legs amputated after, just call me Douglas bader.

Oh and add in

TDGv2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TDGv2 »

Gabon wrote:And whilst i agree with the part of it they don't want to play then retire, i wouldn't call Scholes and Carragher chardonnays for prolonging their club careers and putting their club before thier country as it's their decision and to the people who follow them clubs it's acknowledged & appreciated.
Carragher didn't "retire" from international football to prolong his club career.

He did it coz he's a big sook who couldn't handle the fact he wasn't getting picked for the national team ahead of better defenders.
I don't know where you pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

TDGv2 wrote:
Gabon wrote:And whilst i agree with the part of it they don't want to play then retire, i wouldn't call Scholes and Carragher chardonnays for prolonging their club careers and putting their club before thier country as it's their decision and to the people who follow them clubs it's acknowledged & appreciated.
Carragher didn't "retire" from international football to prolong his club career.

He did it coz he's a big sook who couldn't handle the fact he wasn't getting picked for the national team ahead of better defenders.
That's your opinion which on a forum your entitled to however your a :clown: if that's what you think :roll:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Gabon wrote:
TDGv2 wrote:

That's your opinion which on a forum your entitled to however your a :clown: if that's what you think :roll:
I'm a clown as well then, and so it carragher.
"I'm 29 now and I have to accept if I'm not a regular starter now, I don't think I ever will be," he said. "Playing the odd game here and there is not enough. Four or five years ago I was happy to have that role, but not now."

Oh and add in

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

how can carragher not get a starting spot :? he is one of the best defenders in the premierleague. i would pick him to link up with terry

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

totsreds08 wrote:how can carragher not get a starting spot :? he is one of the best defenders in the premierleague. i would pick him to link up with terry
lol

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

pires7 wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:how can carragher not get a starting spot :? he is one of the best defenders in the premierleague. i would pick him to link up with terry
lol
whats there to lol at? people say liverpool may be a 2 man team but caragher does a lot for us. i may have gone a bit overboard saying he is first choice over rio but imo he would give him a lot of competition

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

check FPL, which english defender has the most points..

its easily the best way to tell who is the best...
:wink:
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

I'd like to have a look at interceptions, clearances that go directly to team mates, number of diving lunges, clean tackles, fouls around the top of the box. Weakness in some of these areas will kill a team at international level.

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

pires7 wrote:I'd like to have a look at interceptions, clearances that go directly to team mates, number of diving lunges, clean tackles, fouls around the top of the box. Weakness in some of these areas will kill a team at international level.
i think carragher is a great premier league defender, but i think he is too slow for the big stuff now...he mind is still there but i think his body is lacking behind to be a great international player at this age...

im not sure how you are going to obtain those stats pires, but when you do, let me know - because i would like to know too.
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Typical characteristics of English football isn't suited to the international game and the players who struggle the most to adapt are the English because they have played an English style of football since they were kids.

So many of you are glad to see Stevie G not play for England; if the English team means nothing to you and you have no connection to England, why support an English club? :?