Siena 1-0 Roma

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Siena 1-0 Roma

Post by Piola »

I like Siena now, despite them being almost like a Juventus B side at times since their promotion. Why? Cause Roma can't seem to win there. (*Ignores fact Lazio haven't won last 2 trips to the Franchi*)

Lichtenstein striker Mario Frick with the only goal. Roma went down to 9 with Mexes and Panucci off. Whats even better is reading the report I notice their next game is against Inter, so they will more than likely lose again. :D

Now assuming they do, that would leave them quite a few points off not only the cugini Lazio, but pretty much all the teams who make up the pacesetters.

Are they in real danger of missing CL, and Europe altogether, or will they pull back and make up the ground to finish where everyone predicted them to, around 3rd-4th?

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Siena 1-0 Roma

Post by Owusu_1 »

Oh dear I knew a topic like this would be coming. FFS ROMA!!!!

It's still early in the season so I believe Roma can pull back towards the top of the table but with some tough games coming up it makes things mighty difficult. Honestly, Roma did not recruit well before the season started and to me that's been vindicated by their results of late.
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

tis a beautiful day... would be lvoely to see Lazio finish above the scum

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Romerpoolaide wrote:Oh dear I knew a topic like this would be coming. FFS ROMA!!!!

It's still early in the season so I believe Roma can pull back towards the top of the table but with some tough games coming up it makes things mighty difficult. Honestly, Roma did not recruit well before the season started and to me that's been vindicated by their results of late.
Roma would do best to sign a quality central defender and an out and out striker, someone to challenge for Capocanonniere (yes I realise Totti can challenge, but he is injured and more useful playing as a trequartista anyway).

No Mexes for the Inter game, as crap as he is, Roma always look worse without him. Loss of Mancini hurts, and doesn't help that about 6 Roma transfer targets rejected them.

There's no question that Riomma will improve, problem for them is the rest of the bunch are starting to pull away. Samp are in the same predicament.
LFTWNG11 wrote:tis a beautiful day... would be lvoely to see Lazio finish above the scum
us in CL and them in the Europa league would be even sweeter

I'd rather win both derbies though, nothing beats that.

From last season, look forward 10 yrs time what will Riomma fans remember?? Losing again to Man U, and what will we remember?? Behrami's 92nd minute winner.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Perhaps their 2-1 win over God's XI at the bernabau

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

pires7 wrote:Perhaps their 2-1 win over God's XI at the bernabau
or the final half hour to the Scudetto race :lol:

I was in love with Ibra and Martinez for a week after that :oops:

vigilante
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vigilante »

take a chill pill DUX, season is only 6 games in :shock:
Boia chi Molla

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

we will come good

but bloody hell. we are playing worse than tottenham.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

vigilante wrote:take a chill pill DUX, season is only 6 games in :shock:
Fair call, but its not a good start from a so-called title challenger.
Forza Roma wrote:we will come good

but bloody hell. we are playing worse than tottenham.
No, you aren't unfortunately. :lol:

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I would laugh, but really can't due to the position and more importantly the insipid displays by my side.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

Juventino wrote:I would laugh, but really can't due to the position and more importantly the insipid displays by my side.
juve are a joke at the moment and ranieri needs to go as they don't look like a juve side - they lack a central midfielder and the centre of their defence looked average against palermo!

As for my beloved roma we are in a crisis - we are playing poorly, we lack discipline as was shown by mexes (who cost us the game against siena) - we lack cohesion and don't seem to be palyng with the same fluency we have in teh past couple of seasons - we need totti back for soem stability and menez needs to start showing more, vucinic needs to get better and our midfield needs to start performing!