OFFICIAL: MILAN GET RONALDINHO

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: OFFICIAL: MILAN GET RONALDINHO

Post by Juventino »

Bianchi9Amaranto wrote:I'm always with Reggina, you can't take that away from me. Reggina are going to have a classy team this season and I can't wait to see our young stars of the future including the signings we are about to make. I've been a Reggina fan for a very long time since 1996 I might add when I saw them on fifa 1996 around there when they had Simone Perrotta great times and I knew they were from Calabria and that day my support for Reggina was born and I started following Reggina eversince by watching the Serie A highlights.
But you were a Milan fan a few months ago :?

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Juventino wrote:
Bianchi9Amaranto wrote:I'm always with Reggina, you can't take that away from me. Reggina are going to have a classy team this season and I can't wait to see our young stars of the future including the signings we are about to make. I've been a Reggina fan for a very long time since 1996 I might add when I saw them on fifa 1996 around there when they had Simone Perrotta great times and I knew they were from Calabria and that day my support for Reggina was born and I started following Reggina eversince by watching the Serie A highlights.
But you were a Milan fan a few months ago :?
I hid my support from my family because they were big Milan fans, they didn't know who Reggina was until they were promoted back into Serie A. Milan were always my 2nd team.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

ignore previous post it was channel4 and I missed quoted it anyway :P

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... /jh39.html
A self-sustainable Milan that made a profit would make extravagant spending more palatable to the Italian electorate. But only £49.6m or 33 per cent of Milan’s total revenue is self-generated and most of that goes towards servicing its debts. Moreover, Berlusconi’s companies, like Fininvest, are forbidden from pouring money into the club, because such investments represent a conflict of interest.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

I heard Silvio spent last season's transfer budget on plastic surgery

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

nah it was an extension and a pump up hard on, explains my heart problems of late :wink:
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

haha

anyway, my prediction - Milan crap in the mercato to date

Lazio, very solid start. Hope we take 4th at their expense just so in 10 months time I can come back and say I told you so

not that you'll be listening..............can't imagine the pain of relegation having never experienced it!

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

Il Duce wrote:Lazio, very solid start. Hope we take 4th at their expense just so in 10 months time I can come back and say I told you so
If Lazio finish higher than Milan ill let you piss in my mouth

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

is ronaldinho heading down the same path as ronaldo weight wise? he can get rid of his problems and be back to near best, i wouldn't go past milan having a far better season..they seem to have a few brazilians

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

inter (argentina) - AC (brazil) :lol:

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

King Henry Returns wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Lazio, very solid start. Hope we take 4th at their expense just so in 10 months time I can come back and say I told you so
If Lazio finish higher than Milan ill let you piss in my mouth
:? ill be ok

but maybe go look up the 2007 Serie A table

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

gooders wrote:inter (argentina) - AC (brazil) :lol:
I think the amount of Italians outway the amount of Brazilians at Milan

so it should be AC (Italy) perhaps?

And Il Duce, I am struggling to comprehend how Milan are doing crap in the mercato as you put it. Surely the signings of Ronaldinho, Flamini, Zambrotta and the return of Borrielo are brilliant signings and bring a tremendous amount of depth to the Milan cause. I personally dont know how Ancelotti will be able to fit in all of the signings into a starting line up.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Pimpong wrote: And Il Duce, I am struggling to comprehend how Milan are doing crap in the mercato as you put it. Surely the signings of Ronaldinho, Flamini, Zambrotta and the return of Borrielo are brilliant signings and bring a tremendous amount of depth to the Milan cause. I personally dont know how Ancelotti will be able to fit in all of the signings into a starting line up.
read the essay I posted yesterday..

Flamini - Just another quality player added to an already world class midfield
Zambrotta - A good addition no doubt, but won't "strengthen" the defence as someone put it
Ronaldinho - Waste of a big name signing.
Borriello - Big risk. Possibly another Gilardino, and he has already suggested he will leave because of Ancelotti.

a "trident" attack in a 4-3-2-1 system of Pato, Ronaldinho and Kaka`?????? Who will be the target man?? All 3 would be excellent playing the trequartista or seconda punta role, where is the big man to put away 25 + goals a season off the world class service Pirlo and co. will provide??
keeper?? the keeper signing was Abbiatti LOL. Why not sign someone good enough to be first choice for years to come??
and Milan need another rock solid central defender. Nesta is still a class act, but that's about it.

its OK though, I'm sure Berlusconi and Galliani will realise their errors when they are 10 points behind Inter who's only purchase in the mercato so far was a good one.

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:
Pimpong wrote: And Il Duce, I am struggling to comprehend how Milan are doing crap in the mercato as you put it. Surely the signings of Ronaldinho, Flamini, Zambrotta and the return of Borrielo are brilliant signings and bring a tremendous amount of depth to the Milan cause. I personally dont know how Ancelotti will be able to fit in all of the signings into a starting line up.
read the essay I posted yesterday..

Flamini - Just another quality player added to an already world class midfield
Zambrotta - A good addition no doubt, but won't "strengthen" the defence as someone put it
Ronaldinho - Waste of a big name signing.
Borriello - Big risk. Possibly another Gilardino, and he has already suggested he will leave because of Ancelotti.

a "trident" attack in a 4-3-2-1 system of Pato, Ronaldinho and Kaka`?????? Who will be the target man?? All 3 would be excellent playing the trequartista or seconda punta role, where is the big man to put away 25 + goals a season off the world class service Pirlo and co. will provide??
keeper?? the keeper signing was Abbiatti LOL. Why not sign someone good enough to be first choice for years to come??
and Milan need another rock solid central defender. Nesta is still a class act, but that's about it.

its OK though, I'm sure Berlusconi and Galliani will realise their errors when they are 10 points behind Inter who's only purchase in the mercato so far was a good one.
Who said that we are playing a 4-3-2-1? The other system we are capable of using is a 4-3-1-2. In this formation Ronaldinho can play behind the front two and Borrielo and Kaka are more definitely able to finish of chances. I think this will be more suited to Milan. If we had to play 4-3-2-1 then surely Borrielo will be able to be the target man and finish off the chances supplied by Pirlo and co. Why wouldnt he? He scored 19 goals last season playing in a scrubber team like Genoa. I am confident that he will be able to score more than 20 goals this season.

Yes, the keeper problem has not been solved but Kalac although the majority of the Australian public remember Kalac for his shambles against Croatia. The man saved Milan in numerous games last season and if it werent for him than Milan wouldnt have taken the CL spot to the last game like they did. I have not seen Abbiati play in a while because I dont watch the Spanish league cause its filth so I cant comment on him.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Pimpong wrote:Who said that we are playing a 4-3-2-1? The other system we are capable of using is a 4-3-1-2. In this formation Ronaldinho can play behind the front two and Borrielo and Kaka are more definitely able to finish of chances. I think this will be more suited to Milan. If we had to play 4-3-2-1 then surely Borrielo will be able to be the target man and finish off the chances supplied by Pirlo and co. Why wouldnt he? He scored 19 goals last season playing in a scrubber team like Genoa. I am confident that he will be able to score more than 20 goals this season.

Yes, the keeper problem has not been solved but Kalac although the majority of the Australian public remember Kalac for his shambles against Croatia. The man saved Milan in numerous games last season and if it werent for him than Milan wouldnt have taken the CL spot to the last game like they did. I have not seen Abbiati play in a while because I dont watch the Spanish league cause its filth so I cant comment on him.
someone else said 4-3-2-1..

do you see how much you are relying on Borriello??? If he can't hack it then you're up sh*t creek without a f*shiraz paddle.
Now you remember 2005, when you signed Gilardino, Italian footballer of the year who had score 23 goals for 2 seasons straight?? Big success wasn't he?
You think Genoa are a "scrubber" team, hahah that's not the brightest comment.

Now just to show just how much uncertainty there is around Borriello right now and the fact that while he is a talent, he is so far a one-season wonder
Milan may be trying to sign Andriy Shevchenko, Emmanuel Adebayor and Ronaldinho, but Marco Borriello warns he’ll walk if competition increases.

The Italian international earned a recall to base after his splendid spell at Genoa proved enough to get him into the Euro 2008 squad.

However, talk of bids for Sheva, Adebayor and Ronaldinho risk squeezing him out of the side completely.

“For the present time, Milan have shown they wish to count on Borriello,” said agent Tiberio Cavalleri.

“If the number of strikers at the Rossoneri’s disposal should grow, then his position could well change.”

The 26-year-old scored a sensational 19 Serie A goals with Genoa last season, almost double his previous personal best of 10 in Serie C1 with Treviso.

His last campaign with Milan was 2006-07, managing one goal in just nine appearances.

“In any case, it is all hypothetical about the future, as Milan have been linked with many strikers, but nobody has arrived yet.”

Borriello must be worried that general manager Adriano Galliani has been so open in discussing their negotiations for these three top stars.
on the keepers, all 3 would be decent backup options but none are good enough to be first choice in a side that calls themselves "Scudetto contenders"

take the criticism, its my personal opinion that Milan won't finish top 2.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Agree with what Duce is saying. To me Ronaldinho is a smokescreen for an otherwise average mercato (of course this could change by August 31st). If Borriello does not settle, and judging by his words he is far from that right now, Milan will not have a targetman who can bang in the goals. They will be battling to make the CL like last season.

As for Genoa being a 'scrubber team', even though they are our rivals I could never show them that level of dissrespect. They are a good side, and are calcio history.

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:
Pimpong wrote:Who said that we are playing a 4-3-2-1? The other system we are capable of using is a 4-3-1-2. In this formation Ronaldinho can play behind the front two and Borrielo and Kaka are more definitely able to finish of chances. I think this will be more suited to Milan. If we had to play 4-3-2-1 then surely Borrielo will be able to be the target man and finish off the chances supplied by Pirlo and co. Why wouldnt he? He scored 19 goals last season playing in a scrubber team like Genoa. I am confident that he will be able to score more than 20 goals this season.

someone else said 4-3-2-1..

do you see how much you are relying on Borriello??? If he can't hack it then you're up sh*t creek without a f*shiraz paddle.
Now you remember 2005, when you signed Gilardino, Italian footballer of the year who had score 23 goals for 2 seasons straight?? Big success wasn't he?
You think Genoa are a "scrubber" team, hahah that's not the brightest comment.

Now just to show just how much uncertainty there is around Borriello right now and the fact that while he is a talent, he is so far a one-season wonder
Milan may be trying to sign Andriy Shevchenko, Emmanuel Adebayor and Ronaldinho, but Marco Borriello warns he’ll walk if competition increases.

The Italian international earned a recall to base after his splendid spell at Genoa proved enough to get him into the Euro 2008 squad.

However, talk of bids for Sheva, Adebayor and Ronaldinho risk squeezing him out of the side completely.

“For the present time, Milan have shown they wish to count on Borriello,” said agent Tiberio Cavalleri.

“If the number of strikers at the Rossoneri’s disposal should grow, then his position could well change.”

The 26-year-old scored a sensational 19 Serie A goals with Genoa last season, almost double his previous personal best of 10 in Serie C1 with Treviso.

His last campaign with Milan was 2006-07, managing one goal in just nine appearances.

“In any case, it is all hypothetical about the future, as Milan have been linked with many strikers, but nobody has arrived yet.”

Borriello must be worried that general manager Adriano Galliani has been so open in discussing their negotiations for these three top stars.
on the keepers, all 3 would be decent backup options but none are good enough to be first choice in a side that calls themselves "Scudetto contenders"

take the criticism, its my personal opinion that Milan won't finish top 2.[/quote

So if Borrielo doesnt perform then we are in trouble, we have Pato who has scored 9 goals in 18 games in Serie A. We have Pippo Inzaghi who is the worlds best poacher. Paloschi who is the a rising star who scored a goal with his first touch in Serie A. We have kaka who is defintely able to be put up front and score goals for the rossoneri

yea definitely up cabernet creek :roll: :roll: :roll:

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Pato is 18 and inexperienced, Inzaghi is 34, 35 and not able to play each week although when he does he will score

LOL Paloschi isn't even going to be at Milan because he is going out on loan!
Juventino wrote:Agree with what Duce is saying. To me Ronaldinho is a smokescreen for an otherwise average mercato (of course this could change by August 31st). If Borriello does not settle, and judging by his words he is far from that right now, Milan will not have a targetman who can bang in the goals. They will be battling to make the CL like last season.

As for Genoa being a 'scrubber team', even though they are our rivals I could never show them that level of dissrespect. They are a good side, and are calcio history.
smokescreen is a good word. Simply a big name signing to get the fans and media excited, taking the pressure of Berlusconi, Galliani and Ancelotti.

Judging by the reactions of Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan fans in Milano and Pimpong, I'd say it worked

but when Milan are failing to live up to expectations...

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:Pato is 18 and inexperienced, Inzaghi is 34, 35 and not able to play each week although when he does he will score

Juventino wrote:Agree with what Duce is saying. To me Ronaldinho is a smokescreen for an otherwise average mercato (of course this could change by August 31st). If Borriello does not settle, and judging by his words he is far from that right now, Milan will not have a targetman who can bang in the goals. They will be battling to make the CL like last season.

smokescreen is a good word. Simply a big name signing to get the fans and media excited, taking the pressure of Berlusconi, Galliani and Ancelotti.

Judging by the reactions of Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan fans in Milano and Pimpong, I'd say it worked

So from what I can piece together you are not happy with Milans "mercato". 4 signings were brought in and you think that none of them are good signings. Would you have prefered Milan bring in no-one. it seems as if you the "brains" behind the Italian section of this forum so who would you have signed?

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:Pato is 18 and inexperienced, Inzaghi is 34, 35 and not able to play each week although when he does he will score

So from what I can piece together you are not happy with Milans "mercato". 4 signings were brought in and you think that none of them are good signings. Would you have prefered Milan bring in no-one. it seems as if you the "brains" behind the Italian section of this forum and you seem to think that you know everything so who would you have signed? :clown:

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

I certainly dont know everything

:lol: if I did, I'd be the new DS of Lazio, not wasting my time on forums :lol:

i would've got in early to secure a goalkeeper, Marco Amelia was available, as was Gomes.

A key forward, not Adebayor, but someone who fits the role of target man and can work as an alernative to Borriello and can link well with Pato and Kaka`.

Then targeted a central defender, maybe Barzagli, Gamberini, Cannavaro, someone of that quality.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

What the Duce said.

Stevie G Anfield Legend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Stevie G Anfield Legend »

GALLIANI: 'No more new players'
7/16/2008
MILANELLO - During the press conference of presentation, Adriano Galliani explained that 'Milan's transfer campaign is finished with Ronaldinho. Paloschi, Abate, and Simic might leave. But there will be no more new arrivals, absolutely.

I Think its stupid for Milan not to purchase new players, I still dont think they can compete with Inter, but the current team is not as bad as some people are suggesting.

Goalkeepers
Dida
Abbiati
Kalac

ok a new keeper is needed, but we have seen Abbiati & Dida both peform brilliantly in the past, and who knows they might do the same again this season. Its seems Milan dont really ditch players, which is nice.. but being nice doesnt always pay.

Defenders

Jankulovski
Favalli
Oddo
Digao
Bonera
Kaladze
Maldini
Nesta
Simic
Abate
Zambrotta

Milan need a quality CB and thats about it in this department, but Kaladze & Bonera (if in good form) could do the trick

Midfielders
Ambrosini
Brocchi
Gattuso
Pirlo
Zambrotta
Emerson
Flamini
Seedorf

Dont see any real problems here

Forwards
Ronaldinho
Pato
Paloschi
Borriello
Inzaghi
Kaká

Ok perhaps they need a target man, but the fowards look the goods. Milan seemed to do okay when they played Pato upfront and kaka & seedorf? playing slightly behind.

as mentioned injuries to Nesta,kaka or Pirlo could really kill them, but isnt that the same deal with nearly every team in the world ?

You're dreaming if you think Lazio will top Milan Il Duce, but then again anything can happen.

for so many years Inter had the best team on paper, and never won anything. This year could be the same.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Stevie G Anfield Legend wrote: You're dreaming if you think Lazio will top Milan Il Duce, but then again anything can happen.
of course I'm dreaming. we are targeting 5th this season.

if Milan underperform and we overperform, then logic says we top Milan.

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:I certainly dont know everything

:lol: if I did, I'd be the new DS of Lazio, not wasting my time on forums :lol:

i would've got in early to secure a goalkeeper, Marco Amelia was available, as was Gomes.

A key forward, not Adebayor, but someone who fits the role of target man and can work as an alernative to Borriello and can link well with Pato and Kaka`.

Then targeted a central defender, maybe Barzagli, Gamberini, Cannavaro, someone of that quality.
lol @ Barzagli. He didnt want to go to his home team and play CL and ended up going to some german team for a lot more cash. We wouldnt have stood a chance. Cannavaro is past it. You said that Zambrotta wasnt a signing to bolster the defence. Milan have already been taunted by the press for having an aging backline so I dont think cannavaro would be needed.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Pimpong wrote: lol @ Barzagli. He didnt want to go to his home team and play CL and ended up going to some german team for a lot more cash. We wouldnt have stood a chance. Cannavaro is past it. You said that Zambrotta wasnt a signing to bolster the defence. Milan have already been taunted by the press for having an aging backline so I dont think cannavaro would be needed.
that's because Barzagli is a mercenary. would fit in well with Oddo in that respect. Surely if Milan can afford R10, they could match Barzagli??

Cannavaro is past it?? thought you said you don't watch La Liga, we sure missed him at the Euro.

He is still capable of doing the job, still world class, and if Milan are looking for a quick-fix like ti seems they are, why not make a bid. Transfer fee wouldn't be so much now would it?

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Il Duce wrote:
Pimpong wrote: lol @ Barzagli. He didnt want to go to his home team and play CL and ended up going to some german team for a lot more cash. We wouldnt have stood a chance. Cannavaro is past it. You said that Zambrotta wasnt a signing to bolster the defence. Milan have already been taunted by the press for having an aging backline so I dont think cannavaro would be needed.
that's because Barzagli is a mercenary. would fit in well with Oddo in that respect. Surely if Milan can afford R10, they could match Barzagli??

Cannavaro is past it?? thought you said you don't watch La Liga, we sure missed him at the Euro.

He is still capable of doing the job, still world class, and if Milan are looking for a quick-fix like ti seems they are, why not make a bid. Transfer fee wouldn't be so much now would it?
What has watching La Liga got to do with knowing that Cannavaro is past it?

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Milan got Flamini for free so its almost win-win. He can push on and perform better than Ambrosini or Gatusso this season and earn a spot, or they could sell him for a 5-10million euro profit if he fails.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Pimpong wrote:
What has watching La Liga got to do with knowing that Cannavaro is past it?
its the only way to see him play week in-week out now. I'm assuming you'd have to do tht to know if he is past it.
pires7 wrote:Milan got Flamini for free so its almost win-win. He can push on and perform better than Ambrosini or Gatusso this season and earn a spot, or they could sell him for a 5-10million euro profit if he fails.
its the weaknesses in the squad that so far they havent covered, not the signings they've made

anyways, this debate is pointless. Milan will live and die by results. Lets just hope I'm right.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

If Ronaldihnio gets back the hunger he will score 15-20 goals this year himself. How many of Messi's great goals last year were set up by the interchange between the two. Still potentially twice the player of C Ronaldo

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

pires7 wrote:If Ronaldihnio gets back the hunger he will score 15-20 goals this year himself. How many of Messi's great goals last year were set up by the interchange between the two. Still potentially twice the player of C Ronaldo
Fair point Barca won everything playing Deco, Ronaldinho, Messi & Eto'o but the question Duce is asking who is Milan's Eto'o.

Not sure how the defence compare between the two.

Also there's the fundamental question will Milan rehabilitate Ronaldinho just as successful as they did Ronaldo.