Arsenal FC 2009/2010

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Arsenal FC 2009/2010

Post by delfino_1936 »

The thread for all news and talks Arsenal, will be the thread to come to for all the up and coming news for this season.

If your not an Arsenal fan and have nothing good to say, STAY THE shiraz OUT!

Recent news:

-Walcott take no.14 shirt
-Ramsey has no.16 shirt

-Adebayor says he wants to stay, then says he doesn't

Lots of things to talk about and these are a few things i'm hoping from this year.

At least one of these 3 trophies- League, FA Cup or UCL

-I want to sign Villa, i wouldn't mind Yaya Toure and maybe another Defender
-I'm happy we've got Nasri and Ramsey, too youngster who add a lot of quality too our squad.
-I think this year is Cesc's and Walcott's year to dominate.
-I want RVP to play at least 30 games and dominate the goal scoring charts
-I also hope Eduardo is back by November at the latest.
Last edited by delfino_1936 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arsenal FC 2008/2009

Post by delfino_1936 »

AND THEY ALSO WANT ADEBAYOR
Cheeky rascals that they are, it seems Chelsea also would very much like to sign Emmanuel Adebayor.

That's if you believe The Daily Mirror, who 'report' this morning that Chelsea will slam £30million down on the table and see if Aresnal flinch.

With Didier Drogba apparently very keen to leave, Chelsea want a centre-forward, and Arsenal should really be running out of patience with Adebayor at this stage.

The Togo striker has reportedly demanded a laughable 300% pay-rise, insisting that he is indeed worth £120,000 a week, and said over the weekend that both Barcelona and AC Milan were chasing his tail.

And that's even before you consider his fun and games on Friday afternoon, when he insisted he would stay, then five minutes later said precisely the opposite.

The Gossip Column's advice to Mr Wenger is this: get rid.
keep dreaming Chelski scum

GUNNERS CAN BE ABSOLUTELY FABREGAS

Cesc Fabregas has dedicated Spain's Euro 2008 success to Arsenal fans and told them he wants to repeat his international glory at club level - by winning trophies in style.

The 21-year-old midfielder hailed Spain's victory over Germany on Sunday evening as a triumph for "beautiful football", after going three years without silverware in domestic competition.

There are similarities between Spain and Arsenal in their passing approach but Arsene Wenger's men tailed away after Christmas last season and ended empty-handed despite being looking poised to get something from their campaign.

Fabregas still earned PFA Young Player of the Year for his efforts and in Vienna helped his country end their run of 44 years since winning their last major tournament.

"Of course, that was the happiest day of my life as a professional footballer," said Fabregas.

"It was also for the Arsenal fans that have been suffering a lot this year. For them, at least one player has won something. It is for them."

The midfielder's enthusiasm for the Gunners cause will be welcome news for his manager Arsene Wenger, who is facing a fight to keep star striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Spain capped a thrilling tournament by defeating Germany with the entertaining football that had seen them win their five previous matches at the finals.

"I haven't seen for a long time a team playing such nice football, playing the ball around and playing beautiful football and get a trophy as big as that," Fabregas said.

"Now at Arsenal we have more or less the same quality of game so hopefully the football will also get better and better for Arsenal."

Fabregas had suffered defeat in a final before, in the Champions League where they lost to Barcelona two years ago, and he added: "Does it make up for Paris? Definitely. I can see there is a massive difference between losing and winning in a final.

"Even if they say being a finalist is important, there is no way you can replace the feeling of winning.

"Now next year I want to win trophies with Arsenal, this is my target. I finally made something at a young age, I never expected it to be with Spain. Now I want to do it with Arsenal.

"It's the second trophy - I have an FA Cup. But of course a European Championship is not the same."

Fernando Torres grabbed the winner at Ernst Happel Stadium and Fabregas believes Spain can now focus on winning the World Cup in South Africa in two years' time.

"We are very young and of course now we will go for the World Cup," the Arsenal midfielder added.

"Yes, Fernando can be one of the best. He is all about the team and not the individual performance. I told him it would be his game and he got that goal."
the more i see and read of this talented young man, the more and more i love him.

WE'VE GOT CESC FABREGAS

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

Who cares, they won't win anything :lol:
STAY ON YOUR FEET

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

SILENT P wrote:Who cares, they won't win anything :lol:
we'll see.
delfino_1936 wrote:
If your not an Arsenal fan and have nothing good to say, STAY THE shiraz OUT!
thanks silent 8)

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

not an arsenal fan, but im sure delfino, rigoni, whatever lol, wont mind me having a say.

Last year exceeded so many expectations for about 30 games.

Then when the expectation was on them, seemed to stutter.

Not winning any silverware this year would put alot of pressure on Wegner to change his transfer policy, although if Yaya Toure or Villa were to come in that would be sensational.

Arshavin, Villa, Yaya Toure, Van der vaart, Hunterlaar, Senna, Rat, Schwingstieger (spelling) and Martins.

signing 2 or 3 of these players would be sensational for Arsenal and would almost guarantee silverware, maybe not in the league though.

Its going to be a big year on Arsenal, so much pressure on their shoulders for sliverware, Fabregas to perfrom, the defence to be as good if not better, if adeboyer leaves another striker to bang in the goals or even better two strikers or even three strikers to share the load.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Looking forward to beating you guys in the Emirates Cup :wink:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Forza Roma wrote:not an arsenal fan, but im sure delfino, rigoni, whatever lol, wont mind me having a say.

Last year exceeded so many expectations for about 30 games.

Then when the expectation was on them, seemed to stutter.

Not winning any silverware this year would put alot of pressure on Wegner to change his transfer policy, although if Yaya Toure or Villa were to come in that would be sensational.

Arshavin, Villa, Yaya Toure, Van der vaart, Hunterlaar, Senna, Rat, Schwingstieger (spelling) and Martins.

signing 2 or 3 of these players would be sensational for Arsenal and would almost guarantee silverware, maybe not in the league though.

Its going to be a big year on Arsenal, so much pressure on their shoulders for sliverware, Fabregas to perfrom, the defence to be as good if not better, if adeboyer leaves another striker to bang in the goals or even better two strikers or even three strikers to share the load.
:lol: dw FR u can call me rigoni if you want. I dun mind you having a say cause ur say is always class.

Juventino wrote:Looking forward to beating you guys in the Emirates Cup :wink:
hahaha should be a great game. i think i'm watch it with BAGGIO15. You should join us juventino ;)

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Rigoni i think you scum :lol: have done very well in signing Ramsey and Nasri for future prospects so far and IF you can keep hold of Adey i must admit i hate saying this you shouldnt do too bad again this season. Hleb and Flamini are a huge loss although if Cesc keeps playing the way he is it shouldnt be too bad. I hope we will beat use guys and im really looking forward to the Gunther and Ramsey dual it will be very interesting to watch especially because they live together.

Ray Parlour
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Ray Parlour »

if hleb goes it wont be a loss imo, he overplays and doesnt score enough goals..nasri looks good, and he seems to be a better finisher, but time will tell..also Carlos Vela looks dangerous...he will be an asset if he can adapt...

flamini is a loss, but he is not a match winner, so i think gilberto can slide in, with diaby, djourou maybe being able to step up, if they dont, im sure wenger will sign somebody else in january - if he hasnt already done so by the end of the current window...

we had a great first half of the season last year, when :clown:'s all over the world, including members of this forum believed we would be struggling for UEFA cup spots, and that sp*rs would be taking 4th - LOL

we will be one year more mature this year, with still a very young team.

i think walcott will definitly be a big hit this season, and im looking for bendter to fire aswell, he has the potential..

our defence should get better without the gap of african nations hurting toure... clichy and sagna will just keep getting better, which is a scary thought.. and gallas should be good, with toure doing well...and song/senderos as backup..hopefully we bring in someone though...although harvard nordvelt from the reserves has huge potential.

biggest thing this season is having a fit van persie and rosicky, their absences were a huge dent last season, and hopefully they will be fit..with eduardo returning the same player cross fingers*

as for adebayor, stay or go who really knows at this stage...but when henry left people were worried, so if he leaves well we will get good profit, reminds me of anelka, and wenger will buy someone.....we have been linked with Martins...and i think with the amount of chances we create, he would score a hatfull..

so yeh some if's thrown in there, but wenger knows, if u look at the age of the squad, and how we performed last year, the only way is up

i expect the title race to be between man utd (if they keep ronaldo, if they lose him thats a massive loss, which could shake up the team, plus if they have the injury free season they had last year)....liverpool (should improve) and arsenal....i rkn chelski will have a transitional year with scolari...and maybe everton, villa , newcastle, man city to push for 4th...
http://www.fastfootball.net - live football news & scores from around the world in one fast loading page

*NHS has announced that all sperm banks in Manchester & West London will close over the next few days as all the chardonnays will be in Moscow

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

SPURS18 wrote:Rigoni i think you scum :lol: have done very well in signing Ramsey and Nasri for future prospects so far and IF you can keep hold of Adey i must admit i hate saying this you shouldnt do too bad again this season. Hleb and Flamini are a huge loss although if Cesc keeps playing the way he is it shouldnt be too bad. I hope we will beat use guys and im really looking forward to the Gunther and Ramsey dual it will be very interesting to watch especially because they live together.
good to read you input and it's a good input and not Barossa Pearl that rambo1 posts :lol:

imo every thought we'd be terrible last year and we shiraz destroyed the league until injuries and lack of depth hit us hard.
IF we can fix that depth and play exactly the way we did last year, we should be able to take out the league.

Agree with everything you've said Robert Pires because my main concern is if TR and RVP play heaps. IF they play a lot of games this season we could go two better than last season and actually win the league title and maybe win UCL.

1 things for sure though- Depth must be improved, youngsters must step up.

1 more thing imo is that if we don't buy another CB i think Djourou or Song can step into the CB position. When Gallas was out for the majority of 06/07 Djourou played so much football and played/looked really good! i think if he re finds that form he'll be a big assest and provider of depth to our squad

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

pescara merda

sansovini ciuccia piselli

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Il Duce wrote:pescara merda

sansovini ciuccia piselli
va funculo, lazio merda. io odio lazio

roma e' il grande squadra della capitale

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

for arsenals sake, keep baptista away from all arsenal threads :lol:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

totsreds08 wrote:for arsenals sake, keep baptista away from all arsenal threads :lol:
:lol: as long as no1 else reads it then i doubt we'll be jynxed :P

also forgot to mention!!!

during the year, all articles about games and previews and reviews about the game IN HERE!!!!

i'll kick it off with this:

AND IT'SSSSS

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSEEEEEENNNNNNNNNALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FC

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

totsreds08 wrote:for arsenals sake, keep baptista away from all arsenal threads :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

Title Race.

Manchester, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton (well for fourth).

If ronaldo leaves Man U it wont be that bigger loss, why doesnt anyone believe me!!!

everyone says you cant buy 40 goals. For 70 million bottle of shiraz pounds you could by enough players to score 50 goals.

Liverpool, well Keane would be a good start but need someone to compliment Torres. Barry will be a dud.

Chelsea, well. its chelsea.

Everton, Moyes doing a fantastic job down there, really bonding well as a team and playing some attractive football, will put some dents into the title race this year me thinks.

Arsenal: well as i said before it all depends on the matuirty again this year. Hleb may be a big loss, did very well to fit into the squad as did flamini, but if rosiscky is fit then thats more than sufficient cover.

Flamini, well Gilberto Silva could fill the role but he is so slow, just cant see him fitting in, Senna has to be the right man for the job imo.

Nasri, well he is a great player, but will he fit into the plans? He was the star at Marsille but he is comming into a squad where everyone plays as equals and fluent passing football is the key.

Van Persie can score 25 plus goals if he is injury free.
Betender can score 10 plus if he plays more than 20 minutes.
Eduardo can have as many assists as goals.
Carlos Vela is one of the most promising prospects in the Premier League.
Ramsey will light it up in a few years.
Walcott will light up this year.
Fabregas will win world player of the year.
Rosicky will be the biggest improvment.
That young polish keeper will be number one by the end of the year.

Big Year ahead.

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

Trust delfino to rip open this topic hahah...

mate, Assnal can sign the whole of Europe, you STILL won't beat me on FIFA.... :D :D :D

we need another round soon... im having withdrawal symptomns...
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

geee alot of wanting and hopin....

jst stick 2 playin fifa then arsenal mite win sumfin, but rememba 2 put it on easy :wink:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

adriano10 wrote:Trust delfino to rip open this topic hahah...

mate, Assnal can sign the whole of Europe, you STILL won't beat me on FIFA.... :D :D :D

we need another round soon... im having withdrawal symptomns...
hahahaha dw mate i've had my great victories vs you.

i need another round as well, how does 2moro nite sound?? after my exam :D
MUFCBOY wrote:geee alot of wanting and hopin....

jst stick 2 playin fifa then arsenal mite win sumfin, but rememba 2 put it on easy :wink:
look at my previous post!!

IF NOTHING GOOD OR PRODUCTIVE TO SAY, STAY OUT!!! ;)

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

I'm sticking my neck out and predicting:

Arsenal to sign AT LEAST 1 french and/or black player.
A few under 18s to please Mr Wenger.
Arsenal fans to once again talk up there title hopes (although you have reason to this year)
:D

Good Luck in 08/09

Also i have to agree Walcott will shine this year!

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

BISCHOFF SET FOR GUNNERS

Amaury Bischoff says he is set to join Arsenal after turning down a new contract at Werder Bremen.

The French-born midfielder has had his career tracked by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger since he was a youngster with Strasbourg.

He moved to Bremen in 2005, but has made just one senior appearance for the club against Celta Vigo in the Uefa Cup in 2007.

The 21-year-old was offered a new deal to stay in the Bundesliga, but claims he was unable to turn down the chance to move to Arsenal.

"Bremen was superb, but Arsenal is a huge opportunity for me," Bischoff told Bild.

"Wenger has known me since my time at Strasbourg and believes in my quality. He trusts me to be in the first team.

"Wenger has not put me under any pressure. He said, 'Take all the time you need'."

Bremen's managing director Klaus-Dieter Fischer admits the Bundesliga club were keen for Bischoff, who has struggled with injuries in the past, to stay.

Fischer told the club's official website: "We would be happy to have Amaury, but he has decided to take up a new challenge.

"We wish him well and thank him for the past three years."
Don't know if its true but it does meet IpswichTown's theory of siging a frenchman

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

pires7 wrote:
BISCHOFF SET FOR GUNNERS

Amaury Bischoff says he is set to join Arsenal after turning down a new contract at Werder Bremen.

The French-born midfielder has had his career tracked by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger since he was a youngster with Strasbourg.

He moved to Bremen in 2005, but has made just one senior appearance for the club against Celta Vigo in the Uefa Cup in 2007.

The 21-year-old was offered a new deal to stay in the Bundesliga, but claims he was unable to turn down the chance to move to Arsenal.

"Bremen was superb, but Arsenal is a huge opportunity for me," Bischoff told Bild.

"Wenger has known me since my time at Strasbourg and believes in my quality. He trusts me to be in the first team.

"Wenger has not put me under any pressure. He said, 'Take all the time you need'."

Bremen's managing director Klaus-Dieter Fischer admits the Bundesliga club were keen for Bischoff, who has struggled with injuries in the past, to stay.

Fischer told the club's official website: "We would be happy to have Amaury, but he has decided to take up a new challenge.

"We wish him well and thank him for the past three years."
Don't know if its true but it does meet IpswichTown's theory of siging a frenchman
:lol:

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Just hope Nasri also makes the list! He thinks he's coming, just need the deal to go through

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

heard good things about bischoff

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

If he's any good I guess Milan or Barca will be poaching him in a year or two :(

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

bischoff is portuguese, just born in france.
he has represented portugual at u/20's.
pretty sure we signed some french kid coquelin a month back though so that fills both quotas( wouldn't suprise me if he was black either :D )
"Victoria Concordia Crescit"

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

New strip is now in at the Armoury and can be bought from the stadium.

looks alright, but i definitely like last years much better

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

if this cabernet club deserves its own thread then lazio should get one too

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Il Duce wrote:if this cabernet club deserves its own thread then lazio should get one too
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: who's stopping you from making another cabernet thread???

they'll just end up having no posts anyway ;)

AAARRRRSSSSSSSEEEEEENNAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

i heard a rumour that assnal are interested in a 13 year old black french kid
wouldnt be true would it??

surprised Wenger hasnt signed up Diakite yet. would fit into the squad perfectly. Black, French, young and always gets injured.