Italian > English football

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Italian > English football

Post by Piola »

italian football is better than english football

Discuss.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Well when it comes to league football I know which I prefer to watch and it contradicts your statement.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

stfu tossbag.

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Me or him?

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

or

or

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

As an Englishman. The Italian league is technically superior, skill level is better. BUT the English game is more watchable.

I admit I'm biased but i far prefer watching the more physical and faster game that is the English game.

PLUS, I don't like dour defensive football that is Seria A. :wink: If that doesn't get some bites then nothing will

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

:lol: Laziale loves stirring people up and Italy is always number, most biased forumite on the forum i reckon :wink:

I enjoy watching English football more but do have to agree with him that Italian football is better than English Football....just
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Berbatov wrote::lol: Laziale loves stirring people up and Italy is always number, most biased forumite on the forum i reckon :wink:

I enjoy watching English football more but do have to agree with him that Italian football is better than English Football....just
:lol: :lol: you know me too well

but surely most biased forumite would have to be Rigoni :lol:

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Laziale wrote:
Berbatov wrote::lol: Laziale loves stirring people up and Italy is always number, most biased forumite on the forum i reckon :wink:

:lol: :lol: you know me too well

but surely most biased forumite would have to be Rigoni :lol:
:lol: could be right.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

pfff please laziale... give me the premier league any day... wats so gd about a league that involves conspiracy, negative play and deaths, that is italian football???

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Me or him?

him.

If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Agree with the topic Italian football>English Football

it speaks for itself.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

MUFCBOY wrote:pfff please laziale... give me the premier league any day... wats so gd about a league that involves conspiracy, negative play and deaths, that is italian football???
Feel Good Inc.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

bitter are we???

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Laziale wrote:but surely most biased forumite would have to be Rigoni :lol:
Surely I'm up there as well aren't I. Or does that fact that I admit my bias rule me out.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Laziale wrote:bitter are we???
You need bigger bait then that mate or even bait that is relivent to the argument....I dont know what Grosso's dive has to do with the comparison between the English and italian league
Feel Good Inc.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Laziale wrote:Image
Oh how I laughed at the Millwall reject that day. :lol:

As a neutral, a clear penalty. Not within the spirit of the game (does that exist anymore) but a penalty none the less.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

El Capitano wrote:
Laziale wrote:bitter are we???
You need bigger bait then that mate or even bait that is relivent to the argument....I dont know what Grosso's dive has to do with the comparison between the English and italian league
The topic Italian > English football not league

Neill plays for a team called west ham which happens to play in England.

haha just realised he is a Millwall product now playing for their biggest rivals. bit of a turncoat then isn't he.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Laziale wrote:haha just realised he is a Millwall product now playing for their biggest rivals. bit of a turncoat then isn't he.
He is certainly not very popular south of the river. Especially my mate Keith who has a son called Lucas.

I can't talk I have a son named after Millwall's top goalscorer ever. Luckily my dad's middle name is Edward as well, so I can now claim he's named after him instead.

The difference between sheringham and neill is as an aussie, neill cannot be expected to fully understand a London rivalry. As a Londoner, judas doesn't have that excuse. Still, look at the way Cahill conducted himself in the cup match against Millwall when he scored. BRAVO TIMMY, BRAVO!!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Laziale knows. Good topic :lol:

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

Not only is serie A more technical because of the far superior players that play in the league, it has the most devoted and passionate fans.

We are a league that refuses to back down, refuse to give in to domestication of the league like the premier league.

Whatever Serie A has that it has had for the past 10 years, what little is left, theres still enough of it. EPL is a league of mercenaries and plebs and the EPL style kills the pieces of Serie A that they try to import. Prime examples are Shevchenko and Bianchi (aka Biank).
ACM1899 4 LIFE

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

I think the way the EPL is presented to us on TV makes it much more attractive then Serie A. I love Serie A, but i can see why neutral viewers would prefer the EPL.

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

I agree Italian football is better than English football but nevertheless I still enjoy watching the EPL too. Isn't there many positives that both the leagues can be enjoyed and admired for?

BTW Laziale I'd just like to remind you that a certain ROMA player was the one to score the penalty. Bet you Biancocelesti were cheering him on, hehehehe :P
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

I'd say 99% of people that bag Serie A have never watched more than a dozen Serie A games in their life, let alone follow a season.

The only thing EPL has over Serie A is better picture quality and more TV exposure through the Commonwealth.

Gap isn't as big as it used to be, the EPL by far have more finances than Serie A of late, Man City spent bigger than Inter last summer.

Liverpool & Man U put together probably close to what the whole Serie A spent.

However Serie A is better because we have less Englishmen playing....for now anyway
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Hawkesy wrote:As an Englishman. The Italian league is technically superior, skill level is better. BUT the English game is more watchable.

I admit I'm biased but i far prefer watching the more physical and faster game that is the English game.

PLUS, I don't like dour defensive football that is Seria A. :wink: If that doesn't get some bites then nothing will
i agree 100%

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

the italian league is a great soap opera to watch

which fan will be killed this week?

which team will bribe an official to win a game?

who can out-defend the other team?

ah it only happens in italy

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Huntelaar wrote:the italian league is a great soap opera to watch
:lol:

I find the German Bundesliga the most entertaining at the moment. Strange really since I don't have a favorite German club.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Huntelaar wrote:the italian league is a great soap opera to watch

nice said ..

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

funny how he makes this topic 2 convince every1 else...

we all know the truth :lol:

go to italy and watch a game... and while ur at it go shoot sum1

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

not being biased in any way you would have to say that the leagues are on par with each other just put it to comparisons last year milan who finished what 3rd or 4th beat the champions of england over 2 legs but the champions of england destroyed roma over 2 legs who finished second and then liverpool v milan they have a win a piece against each other over the past 3 years the 2 best players in the world at the moment play in the respective leagues so as stats would show its pretty even to me
I speak nothing but the truth