Man City go for Messi with £150M pot

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Man City go for Messi with £150M pot

Post by King Ledley »

Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson is being given a £150 MILLION transfer warchest by chairman Thaksin Shinawatra.
The Mail on Sunday says the bulk of the spending will take place next summer and the club believe that no player will be considered out of their price range.

That could even lead to spectacular bids for the likes of Barcelona's South American pair Leo Messi and Ronaldinho, or Brazilian playmaker Kaka, of AC Milan, although nailing down such big names is another matter.

Eriksson will use his wealth of experience and knowledge of the world football scene in an attempt to make the City of Manchester Stadium dressing-room the most powerful in the Premier League.

The Swede intends to provide the kind of challenge to neighbours Manchester United that City fans have scarcely been able to dream about.

The initial January flurry, with at least three high-priced players coming in, will be to ensure European qualification next season.

"There is no doubt Mr Thaksin means business," said a source close to the club.

"He wants the best for the team and its supporters and he is prepared to throw in fortunes to get it."
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

that's 100% correct... bidding and offering money is one thing... it's a completely different situation to get them to the club...

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

dreaming

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

they should be able to bring in some decent players with that kitty though....think sven is still keen on bresciano and elmander and could snare adriano on loan

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Isn't it great how everyone turns a blind eye to dodgy foreigners coming into the EPL with massive amounts of coin from questionable sources.

Funnier still is governments taking the moral high ground but as long as your paying VAT and the rest of the taxes, it's all sweet.

If it's true that he's ripped Thailand blind I'd be seething if I was Thai, don't know why they don't send out the Thai boxers to get him :lol:
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

that amount of money is a joke

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

Huntelaar wrote:that amount of money is a joke

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

bresciano, swp and berbatov would do me.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

shaunwright-phillips wrote:bresciano, swp and berbatov would do me.

r u gay?

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

rooboy1986 wrote:

r u gay?
Berbatov wouldn't do you, he loves women.
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

With that amount of money will Man C become part of the top 4/5?

Will Liverpool make the top 4? Will Chelsea?

If Man C get Messi or 1 or 2 other world class players will the odds change on them getting into the Champions League next year?

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

rooboy1986 wrote:

r u gay?
gay? i'm as happy as larry with that money. i'll bet my sexuality on messi not coming to eastlands.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Berbatov wrote:
rooboy1986 wrote:
r u gay?
Berbatov wouldn't do you, he loves women.
berbatov looks as butch as glen hoddle in that photo.