Serie A on Setanta Sports

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

I just subscribed yesterday and was very disappointed last night when watching the Serie A highlights. First of all it says on the TV guide it goes for 1 hour and it only went for half an hour. Secondly they dont even show all the goals from all the games.

Setanta better get that package 2 organised very quickly.

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

Caramelas13 wrote:I just subscribed yesterday and was very disappointed last night when watching the Serie A highlights. First of all it says on the TV guide it goes for 1 hour and it only went for half an hour. Secondly they dont even show all the goals from all the games.

Setanta better get that package 2 organised very quickly.
Was contemplating whether or not to get it. What games did they show exactly

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Reggina v Fiorentine and Udinese v Siena. Recorded both, haven't watched either as yet.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Well last nights highlights package consisted of the following:

Reggina v Fiorentina
Empoli v Torino
Udinese v Siena
Livorno v Sampdoria

It only went for half an hour and not an hour as it says in its programming.

Rubbish.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

I find most of the highlights shows a tad boring - especially the Portuguese one as the person who commentates it drones on.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Even Barca TV is presented poorly.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Never watched it. I usually stick to the games shown in full.

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

Bodø Glimt wrote:I find most of the highlights shows a tad boring - especially the Portuguese one as the person who commentates it drones on.
I always watch the EPL highlights show on Monday. Good round up. I remember when SBS had a Serie A highlights show. That was decent stuff. Pity they took it off

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Vaguely wrote:
Bodø Glimt wrote:I find most of the highlights shows a tad boring - especially the Portuguese one as the person who commentates it drones on.
I always watch the EPL highlights show on Monday. Good round up. I remember when SBS had a Serie A highlights show. That was decent stuff. Pity they took it off
Back in 94/95 when they had the World show on saturday and the Italian show on sunday it was good because both shows focused on one game then a brief round up at the end, instead of the talking heads we have now.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Vaguely wrote:I always watch the EPL highlights show on Monday.
I don't have foxtel so the nearest I get to it is Back Of The Net or The Friday Football Show on Setanta.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Just as well you can pay as you go. Don't think i'll be extending unless it gets better.

I've been in India the past 2 weeks and what we pay a month for Foxtel, they pay that for a whole year and they get 10 times better than what we get.

Vaguely
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Vaguely »

Caramelas13 wrote:Just as well you can pay as you go. Don't think i'll be extending unless it gets better.

I've been in India the past 2 weeks and what we pay a month for Foxtel, they pay that for a whole year and they get 10 times better than what we get.
yeh its the same in brazil. they pay nothing and end up getting 60 channels. It is annoying. We pay 50 for 30 channels and you only end up watching 10. I dont give a $hit about country music and all the other Barossa Pearl they put on with advertisments

JUVE 11
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by JUVE 11 »

Caramelas13 wrote:Well last nights highlights package consisted of the following:

Reggina v Fiorentina
Empoli v Torino
Udinese v Siena
Livorno v Sampdoria

It only went for half an hour and not an hour as it says in its programming.

Rubbish.
I agree with you Caramelas, Rubbish !
I turned it on at about 10.35, thought i'd missed the first 5 minutes, then when it finished at 11.00 I was spewing.
I thought it must have started at 10.00. and the times on the programming were wrong. Thought I missed half the show.
Thats weird that it only went for haf an hour and they only showed 4 games.
Last time I watched it (2 weeks ago) they showed every game and it went for about an hour.

Whats going on Setanta ???

The replay time is also rediculous. Who is going to watch a highlights package at 3.00 in the morning ????

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

I'm usually up at that time. Some of us do work nights. Mostly I record it to pvr and watch it when I get home.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Vaguely wrote:yeh its the same in brazil. they pay nothing and end up getting 60 channels. It is annoying. We pay 50 for 30 channels and you only end up watching 10. I dont give a $hit about country music and all the other Barossa Pearl they put on with advertisments
That's why I don't have foxtel. Let me buy what I want and I'll consider it.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

I think all the timing was thrown out as the cricket finished early.

The show was quite in depth though, with news on major press stories about the game, and some decent interviews after. Only pissed off cause they gave away that the Empoli? game was a draw before they showed the highlights, killed the suspense

Bundesliga highlights show was excellent!

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Laziale wrote:no Lazio, no Setanta

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Laziale wrote:
Laziale wrote:no Juventus, no Setanta

ForzaChievo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ForzaChievo »

Are they going to show Serie B at all?

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

who the hell would buy half a product?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Laziale wrote:
Laziale wrote:no Lazio, no Setanta

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

#15# INTERISTA #15# wrote:who the hell would buy half a product?
I thought that too, but I guess it comes down to money, and perhaps if they bought was percieved to be the weaker half they'd have a foot in the door when it came to buying the other package.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

pires7 wrote:I think all the timing was thrown out as the cricket finished early.

The show was quite in depth though, with news on major press stories about the game, and some decent interviews after. Only pissed off cause they gave away that the Empoli? game was a draw before they showed the highlights, killed the suspense

Bundesliga highlights show was excellent!
Yes I am very happy with the German presentation all the way round. Most of the commentary is good for all the leagues except the guy who does the Portuguese highlights and the commentator for the Cupa Sudamericana games. He is awful.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Commentator for Bundes Liga isn't shy to call players out for being 'hero's' if they blaze from long range! Just about every striker in the league is a foreigner :shock:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Vaguely wrote:
Macca's Monday Night on setanta is quite interesting.

Setanta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Setanta »

pires7 wrote:I think all the timing was thrown out as the cricket finished early.
That's pretty much the jist of what happened on Monday - our programming person had to do a few last minute schedule changes which is why things were a bit out of schedule.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Setanta wrote:
That's pretty much the jist of what happened on Monday - our programming person had to do a few last minute schedule changes which is why things were a bit out of schedule.
So is the Serie A higlights package always going to be for half an hour and always only show the home games from teams from package 1?

Setanta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Setanta »

Caramelas13 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
So is the Serie A higlights package always going to be for half an hour and always only show the home games from teams from package 1?
The Serie A highlights show is usually a one hour show that is produced by RAI. However, apparently this week they only produced a half hour show and we have not received a response why it was only half an hour (so it wasn't the last minute schedule changes as I originally posted, but RAI's production of the program). But it is usually a one hour show for sure.

With regards to Serie A packages - ideally we would like to provide FULL Serie A coverage - however noone in Australia has been able to obtain the rights to Package 2 (also known to you guys as the "good" package) as there have been difficulties in getting any negotiations happening with the rights holders for Package 1. The people who sort out our rights are persisting in trying to get it sorted though but there is no timeframe for if/when this will be successful.

Package 1 was available from a different rights holder and the deal was done fairly smoothly - so rather than holding out showing Package 1 to wait for an indeterminate length of time for Package 1, we decided to commence showing Package 1 by itself so that we can provide some Serie A to fans.
Last edited by Setanta on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Setanta wrote:The Serie A highlights show is usually a one hour show that is produced by RAI. However, apparently this week they only produced a half hour show and we have not received a response why it was only half an hour (so it wasn't the last minute schedule changes as I originally posted, but RAI's production of the program). But it is usually a one hour show for sure.
I can confrim the previous week was one hour.

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Setanta wrote:
Caramelas13 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
The Serie A highlights show is usually a one hour show that is produced by RAI. However, apparently this week they only produced a half hour show and we have not received a response why it was only half an hour (so it wasn't the last minute schedule changes as I originally posted, but RAI's production of the program). But it is usually a one hour show for sure.

With regards to Serie A packages - ideally we would like to provide FULL Serie A coverage - however noone in Australia has been able to obtain the rights to Package 1 (also known to you guys as the "good" package) as there have been difficulties in getting any negotiations happening with the rights holders for Package 1. The people who sort out our rights are persisting in trying to get it sorted though but there is no timeframe for if/when this will be successful.

Package 2 was available from a different rights holder and the deal was done fairly smoothly - so rather than holding out showing Package 2 to wait for an indeterminate length of time for Package 1, we decided to commence showing Package 2 by itself so that we can provide some Serie A to fans.
So does the One Hour highlights show ALL the games & goals or just a selection of teams???