liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

liverpool

Post by gunther »

last nights game showed they are not challengers for this years title.
they only really have 4 world class players that would make either manure, assnal or chelski....

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

rest are ordinary, rafa needs to rebuild! no prem league trophy within 5 years for liverpool.
wandering in a bolton wonderland

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

we would take babel, alonso, agger and maybe carra

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

are you serious? so your saying that the likes of carragher, agger, babel wouldnt make it in any other team. you must be joking
Last edited by Pimpong on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norman Einstein" Bill Shankly - Ex. Liverpool Manager

Jimmy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jimmy »

Well Liverpool trio Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano all are facing spells on the sidelines after suffering injuries, Alonso (metatarsal), Torres (abductor muscle), Mascherano (foot)

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

i'd take Alonso, Torres, Agger and Gerrard

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

carraher is shite, lol babel didnt even play 1st team last year at ajax. Agger maybe be back up at 1 of these clubs. I certainly wouldnt play him in front of ferdinand, vidic, gallas, toure, carvalho, terry. would you? :clown:
alonso is better than flamini. but thats about it.

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

reina
torres
gerrard
agger
xabi alonso
mascherano
carragher

would make any first class world side.. thats 7/11.. the other 4 are also very good players so dont post garbage topics :lol:
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Babel is only 20, so has heaps of potential, and carved at the u/21 euro for holland!

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

mattieg1200 wrote: reina
torres
gerrard
agger
xabi alonso
mascherano
carragher

would make any first class world side.. thats 7/11.. the other 4 are also very good players so dont post garbage topics :lol:
the only thing that is garbage is carragher. the only thing he is good for is being a wall for after training pingers.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

big cool, they are in a form slump...one game cant determine whether or not they are contenders or not, they are contenders most years. id have agger, torres and gerrard

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: liverpool

Post by diegom »

gunther wrote:last nights game showed they are not challengers for this years title.
they only really have 4 world class players that would make either manure, assnal or chelski....

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

rest are ordinary, rafa needs to rebuild! no prem league trophy within 5 years for liverpool.

U R really starting to post abit of crap especially in the last couple of days, Keep it up!
:clown:

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

mattieg1200 wrote:reina
torres
gerrard
agger
xabi alonso
mascherano
carragher

Carragher? :shock: He is terrible, no way he is WORLD CLASS, he has had maybe & i stress maybe, 1 decent season.

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

diegom wrote:
gunther wrote:last nights game showed they are not challengers for this years title.

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

U R really starting to post abit of crap especially in the last couple of days, Keep it up!
thanks sexy, but, if your serious, which players apart from those I have mentioned, would you have in your man u team instead?

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

lol :clown:

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

strappineastie wrote:
torres
gerrard
agger
xabi alonso
mascherano
carragher

Carragher? :shock: He is terrible, no way he is WORLD CLASS, he has had maybe & i stress maybe, 1 decent season.
I don't think you watch Liverpool enough and that's fair enough cause your not a Liverpool supporter. But in all honesty, Carra has been a rock at the back for the Reds. He is part of the reason why Liverpool don't conceed too many goals. He's not as classy as some other centre backs but he doesn't let too many things get passed him. Just my opinion.

Crazy-North
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Crazy-North »

gunther wrote:
diegom wrote:

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

thanks sexy, but, if your serious, which players apart from those I have mentioned, would you have in your man u team instead?

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

riise for evra... they both have their qualities i really wouldnt know who to pick

hyypia isnt even a regular so its agger > ferdinand

finnan over neville.... they are as good as each other not much difference

why are you comparing kuyt to ronaldo kuyt is a striker. how bout pennant > ronaldo.... Maybe not better but sounds alot better

why dont u compare torres > rooney instead of voronin and rooney.

and why dont u compare babel and nani

It seems that you just dont like liverpool and you would say anything to downgrade the team.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Caramelas13 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:
torres
gerrard
agger
xabi alonso
mascherano
carragher

I don't think you watch Liverpool enough and that's fair enough cause your not a Liverpool supporter. But in all honesty, Carra has been a rock at the back for the Reds. He is part of the reason why Liverpool don't conceed too many goals. He's not as classy as some other centre backs but he doesn't let too many things get passed him. Just my opinion.
That's fair enough, i do watch quite a bit of every team. Against stronger & quicker apponents he struggles. Agger helps him out quite a bit too.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Stankovic wrote:
gunther wrote:
diegom wrote:

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

riise for evra... they both have their qualities i really wouldnt know who to pick

why are you comparing kuyt to ronaldo kuyt is a striker. how bout pennant > ronaldo.... Maybe not better but sounds alot better

It seems that you just dont like liverpool and you would say anything to downgrade the team.

My point exactly.
Also, U cannot compare a team of Champions to a champion team.
MAN UTD is a team of Champions whereas liverpooooo is a champion team (they won CL trophy years ago)???

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

Stankovic wrote:
gunther wrote:
diegom wrote:

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

hyypia played on weekend.
kuyt played right midfield weekend. pennant vs ronaldo is even worse an argument, dont know why you even mentioned that.
on weekend benyoun came on instead on babel.
and regarding torres, if you read my previous post I said...'except for the players I have already mentioned' as world class, have a bit of a think about it champ. would you prefer I compared tevez and voronin? same outcome.
and
to the contrary, I dont mind liverpool at all, certainly my favourite out of the big 4, just illustrating how far they have to go to be competitive over an entire season.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

gunther wrote:
Stankovic wrote:
gunther wrote:
diegom wrote:

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

kuyt played right midfield weekend. pennant vs ronaldo is even worse an argument, dont know why you even mentioned that.
and regarding torres, if you read my previous post I said...'except for the players I have already mentioned' as world class, have a bit of a think about it champ. would you prefer I compared tevez and voronin? same outcome.
and
to the contrary, I dont mind liverpool at all, certainly my favourite out of the big 4, just illustrating how far they have to go to be competitive over an entire season.
Don't watch many bolton games then?

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

pires7 wrote:
gunther wrote:
Stankovic wrote:
gunther wrote:
diegom wrote:

masch
torres
reina
gerrard

riise for evra?
carragher for ferdinand?
hypia for vidic?
finnan for neville?
kuyt for ronaldo?
voronin for rooney?
benayoun for nani?

and
Don't watch many bolton games then?
?