tevez move done deal

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

tevez move done deal

Post by manU4life »

West Ham are expected to announce today that they will release Carlos Tevez from his contract and registration after they last night agreed a deal with his representatives. The end of the dispute will allow the Argentina striker to pursue his move to Manchester United.
Tevez's representatives, Media Sports Investments, have agreed to pay West Ham £2m to release the player. The agreement still needs to be formally ratified by the Premier League and Football Association but they are expected to sign off the deal today.

The deal will also mean the settlement of the £30m lawsuit brought against West Ham by Tevez's agent, Kia Joorabchian. The Hammers had demanded £5m for Tevez, with Joorabchian willing to pay only £10,000 and the matter was heading for the high court until yesterday's breakthrough.
The Premier League had insisted that West Ham must receive around £6m for Tevez, who was instrumental in keeping the Hammers in the Premiership last season, but the league appears to have shifted its stance.

Tevez will move to Old Trafford for two seasons on loan, with Media Sports Investments, the company fronted by Joorabchian, and Just Sports Inc, which owns the player's economic rights, receiving £10m.

United have the option of making the deal permanent for a further £20m. The player will earn around £3.5m a season and could make his debut against Reading at Old Trafford on Sunday week.

There were reports that the 23-year-old had already completed a medical even though Upton Park had refused permission.

The agreement brings an end to a saga for the club that began when the former chairman, Terry Brown, signed Tevez and Javier Mascherano, now at Liverpool, under banned third-party agreements last summer.

The club were fined £5.5m as a result by a disciplinary commission in April and that led to an unsuccessful legal challenge by Sheffield United, who claimed West Ham should have been docked points.

Tevez's arrival at Old Trafford has allowed Sir Alex Ferguson to take stock of his striking options and, with an embarrassment of riches in attack - new signings Nani and Anderson will also compete to partner Wayne Rooney - the United manager yesterday allowed Alan Smith to move to Newcastle United for £6m.

Rick James
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Rick James »

£2m they were saying we needed to be given around £6m for the transfer to go through ... But I'm happy with that outcome....even though it would of been great if he had stayed with us I'm more than happy for him to move on after his heroics keeping us in the top flight

Bloody Manchester United are going to be unstoppable
So then... he comes in there and I says, "Listen, b i t c h, I'm Rick James."

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

good pick up for us but i still think 30 million is to much money
I speak nothing but the truth

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

cabernet yeah! it is

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

The one and only wrote:good pick up for us but i still think 30 million is to much money

i tend to agree .. he's not that great when he 1st play for west ham .. but i must said he's been superb at the end of the season .. hope he will do well for us and keep the form he has ... now i dunno how our starting 11 looks like
:roll:

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

alot of people said the same thing about Christiano Ronaldo, I would rather Tavez player for us than against us.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

zola wrote:cabernet yeah! it is
yeh 20mil pounds for alves now thats a joke.lol
tevez will prove 2 b a master-stroke, look wat he dun at westham with an average team... imagine the service hes gonna get from ours mids

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

it would be hilarious if tevez injured himself after this whole retarded contract affair

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

just as hilarious if he scored the winning goal in champions league final this season :lol: :lol: :lol:
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

wat a signing!
this season should b a cracker

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Motley wrote:alot of people said the same thing about Christiano Ronaldo, I would rather Tavez player for us than against us.
alot of people might of said the same about ronaldo but we only paid 12 mill for him thats alot less then 30
I speak nothing but the truth

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

very good signing.

Should be a killa season. looking forward to it

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Rick James wrote:£2m they were saying we needed to be given around £6m for the transfer to go through ... But I'm happy with that outcome....even though it would of been great if he had stayed with us I'm more than happy for him to move on after his heroics keeping us in the top flight

Bloody Manchester United are going to be unstoppable
You should be drinking shiraz ecstatic, you've made money on a player that you never bottle of shiraz owned.