At least 50 killed, more than 130 injured during festivities

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

At least 50 killed, more than 130 injured during festivities

Post by King Henry Returns »

BAGHDAD - The dream run of Iraq’s national soccer team captivated an otherwise despairing nation. But even in its moment of joy — the Iraqis are in the Asian Cup finals for the first time ever — violence struck Wednesday.

Two suicide bombings killed at least 50 cheering, dancing, flag-waving Iraqis celebrating their national triumph. More than 130 other revelers were wounded.

The attacks bore the hallmarks of Sunni militants who have fueled the violence tearing at the fragile fabric of Iraq for nearly four years. But these bombings, in parked cars less than an hour apart in separate corners of Baghdad, appeared designed to gain attention rather than target a particular sect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19955222/

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Sad news. I watched them win the game last night and they were all so happy. Great to have moments like that to forget about the turmoil of your country.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

zola wrote:Sad news. I watched them win the game last night and they were all so happy. Great to have moments like that to forget about the turmoil of your country.
true i watched the game aswell and they looked so extatic

just like the commentator said the team that many beleive are succeeding where their polititians are failing which is bringing a country together
I speak nothing but the truth

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

The one and only wrote:
zola wrote:Sad news. I watched them win the game last night and they were all so happy. Great to have moments like that to forget about the turmoil of your country.

just like the commentator said the team that many beleive are succeeding where their polititians are failing which is bringing a country together
yeh that was brilliantly said by the commentator

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
The one and only wrote:

i knew you would agree rigoni
I speak nothing but the truth

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

The one and only wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
The one and only wrote:

i knew you would agree rigoni
hahahaha why is that????

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

thats what u get when u celebrate with ak - 47's...& ppl r worried flares are to dangerous! ha!