Cannavaro Left out of Real Madrids Plans

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Cannavaro Left out of Real Madrids Plans

Post by Fiasco »

Yes that is correct...

Cannavaro is not part of new Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster’s plans. Coach Schuster does not want to keep hold of him after signing Christoph Metzelder from Borussia Dortmund and £19m-rated Pepe from Porto.

Newcastle United and Chelsea have made inqiuries after the 33-year-old defender, but he said he would prefer a return to Italy

Juve are the most likely club he will go to, though Chelsea and Newcastle are very very interested
ImageImage

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

is anyone really surprised?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

Canavarro to Juventus what a team they will have if he comes back to them. But if he goes back to Juventus will he be captain again.
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

I'd think that it would be safe to say that there would be more clubs interested than just juve, chelsea and newcastle. If he becomes available definately be intersting to see where he goes

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Although i hate italian footballs, he is wellcome to Utd anytime :lol:

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

he didnt have to much of a happy time in spain on a personal level i would say because in my opinion he was below his standard so i think he would go back to juve if they want him
I speak nothing but the truth

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

BocaChiefs wrote:Canavarro to Juventus what a team they will have if he comes back to them. But if he goes back to Juventus will he be captain again.
He has never been captain. Del Piero has been captain for ten years.

He was captain at Parma.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

Canna back to Napoli!!!
A premature arrival for the partenopei, but Italy world cup captain is in talks with a possible move back to his roots.

PLEASE LORD
CANNA BACK TO NAPOLI!!!!!!

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

the canna duo, im excited.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

can napoli even afford him?

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

napoli doesnt need to afford him, he only signed a 1 year deal with real?

he will take a price cut for napoli.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

Altough i am a napoli fan, i would not get too excited, he wont come back. He has debts to pay back to the Juve fans, and if Napoli were smart they would not spend all their money on a player like this, not doubting his quality and what he has achieved, (he is my favourite player). but at this point in time for the club it is probably not the best prospect, i would rather a younger future player that can build his carrer at Napoli and keep us in Serie A for many years to come, and hopefully create a dynasty
ImageImage

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

MilanManiac wrote:napoli doesnt need to afford him, he only signed a 1 year deal with real?

he will take a price cut for napoli.
it would b a big price cut
if they got the $$$ then he'll go

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

sorry, by price cut i meant salary cut, real madrid wont care about dispensing him if they do not need him and he is off contract. he will play for napoli once more and link up with his bro.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

its a possiblity but the fact the he was only at real madrid for a yr tends to make me believe that he'll be back at juve

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

If I was smart and Real Madrid I would dispense him to a club that wont be overly competitive against Real, should cannavaro make a rise and help juve he could hurt Real and this is usually why big clubs dont dispense players to eachother.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Canna has stated in the past that he wants to play CL. If Real push him out they'll shoot themselves in the foot like they did with Makelele and Cambiasso.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

who bloody cares about fabio anyways???.. he had a shocking year in the La Liga and i mean SHOCKING! he was awesome in the WC but for Real Madrid he stank.. no surprises there..
Sejad Salihovic!!

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

97 wrote:Canna has stated in the past that he wants to play CL. If Real push him out they'll shoot themselves in the foot like they did with Makelele and Cambiasso.
what you talking about they will shoot themselves in the foot, makelele and cambiasso were much younger than canavaro, canavaro is finished and should retire now that RM dont want him.. he is well past his use by date..
Sejad Salihovic!!

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

It would be good for him to come back to Serie A. It would be good to see him return to Parma one of his previous clubs which Crespo & Asprilla once played for. He did say he wanted to return to Napoli in his later years before retiring so anything is possible, he could make a suprise return

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

barbarez01 wrote: what you talking about they will shoot themselves in the foot, makelele and cambiasso were much younger than canavaro, canavaro is finished and should retire now that RM dont want him.. he is well past his use by date..
By going top heavy and giving up defensive quality for nothing while paying to strengthen a forward line. With decent full backs and a holding midfield Canna would be able to play on one leg in la lega.

Canna turns 34 this year with a summer break and a full pre season a defender off his experience is irreplaceable.

Why would you release him? His wage bill stops them from getting a big transfer fee, so to replace him would cost Real more than to keep him.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

barbarez, You must be one of those people that think that Maldini is passed his used by date as soon as he quit the national team, look what happened so many trophies later. hes still going stronger than an OX.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

MilanManiac, havent you learned to not worry about barabrez's posts, hes an idiot...