Eto'o adamant he is staying at Barcelona

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Updated: June 12, 2007

MADRID, June 12 (Reuters) - Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o on Tuesday rubbished reports that he will leave the Primera Liga club at the end of the season.

'I am tired of saying it. I have a contract and I am in control of the situation. The club can't get rid of me because of my contract and as we both want to continue anyway, there is nothing more to talk about,' he told reporters.

'I am staying at Barcelona and I don't know where these stories saying I'm going come from.'

Last week AC Milan confirmed their interest in signing the Cameroon international and said they would make an approach when the Spanish season finished.

Defending champions Barcelona travel to play relegated Gimnastic Tarragona on Sunday, in what promises to be a gripping showdown to the end of the season.

Barca are level on 73 points with leaders Real Madrid, but second due to their inferior head-to-head record. Sevilla are two points back in third.

Frank Rijkaard's side have to win their game and hope Real slip up at home to mid-table Real Mallorca, Eto'o's former club, to claim their third consecutive league title.

When asked if he hoped for any favours from his former team mates, Eto'o said Barca should just focus on winning their own game and forget about Real's. 'I don't play for Mallorca any more, although I would love to return again one day, and I can't ask for anything from them. It's all out of our hands now,' Eto'o added. 'Barcelona's error this year has been to think we had already won the league before it had even started. We won two titles, but when you start again no one is champion. Obviously, I hope we do it on the last day, though.'

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

So much talk about eto and where he's going. Be disappointing to see him stay at Barca.