Villa chase Reds duo - Bellamy & Kewell

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Villa chase Reds duo - Bellamy & Kewell

Post by BillShankly »

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set for a double raid on Liverpool with Craig Bellamy and Harry Kewell in his sights, according to reports.

The Liverpool Echo claims that Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning to move for both Wales striker Bellamy and Australian winger Kewell in the summer.

Liverpool apparently want as much as £12million for Bellamy, but Kewell could be available at a knock-down price after injuries restricted him to just three substitute appearances last season.

Spurs are also reportedly interested in Kewell, as Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez looks to free up space and money in his squad for his summer transfer plans.

As well as having the signings of Andriy Voronin, Sebastian Leto and Lucas Leiva tied up, Benitez is chasing wingers Florent Malouda and Simao Sabrosa, as well as keeping tabs on a number of other targets.

The Echo claims that Benitez is also chasing Carlos Tevez and Roma's Brazilian winger Mancini, although those two players could cost in excess of £30million.

It is still unclear how much Benitez will actually have to spend in the summer, hence why he is planning a clearout of his squad.

Robbie Fowler, Bolo Zenden and Mark Gonzalez are already on their way out, so combined with the sales of Kewell and Bellamy, Benitez could raise around £20million through player sales alone.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Expecting that Bellamy will go but Kewell? Not so sure...

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Rafa seems to have a soft spot for Kewell, after all he did play him in the CL final after one and a half games.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Villa chase Reds duo - Bellamy & Kewell

Post by getborn »

BillShankly wrote:Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set for a double raid on Liverpool with Craig Bellamy and Harry Kewell in his sights, according to reports.

The Liverpool Echo claims that Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning to move for both Wales striker Bellamy and Australian winger Kewell in the summer.

Liverpool apparently want as much as £12million for Bellamy, but Kewell could be available at a knock-down price after injuries restricted him to just three substitute appearances last season.

Spurs are also reportedly interested in Kewell, as Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez looks to free up space and money in his squad for his summer transfer plans.

As well as having the signings of Andriy Voronin, Sebastian Leto and Lucas Leiva tied up, Benitez is chasing wingers Florent Malouda and Simao Sabrosa, as well as keeping tabs on a number of other targets.

The Echo claims that Benitez is also chasing Carlos Tevez and Roma's Brazilian winger Mancini, although those two players could cost in excess of £30million.

It is still unclear how much Benitez will actually have to spend in the summer, hence why he is planning a clearout of his squad.

Robbie Fowler, Bolo Zenden and Mark Gonzalez are already on their way out, so combined with the sales of Kewell and Bellamy, Benitez could raise around £20million through player sales alone.
questionable signings, or are they :?: can anyone shed some light :?:

rafa should be concentrating more on the likes on simao & tevez,

however i really doubt mancini would leave rome for the epl.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

getborn have you seen this Lucas kid from Brazil? u20's captain, player of the season in Brazil and although my comments come on the back of my extensive youtube viewing, he looks ridiculous, would no doubt kill it in Spaina nd Italy, only question is whether he would cut it in England, although he has pace to burn.

Leto is for the reserves/youth team... Veronin will play a Fowler type role this season.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Villa chase Reds duo - Bellamy & Kewell

Post by BillShankly »

getborn wrote:
BillShankly wrote:Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set for a double raid on Liverpool with Craig Bellamy and Harry Kewell in his sights, according to reports.

questionable signings, or are they :?: can anyone shed some light :?:

rafa should be concentrating more on the likes on simao & tevez,

however i really doubt mancini would leave rome for the epl.

chasin after both simao and tevez

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

I think Kewell will stay, will Malouda and Simao coming in... and Pennant, not bad 4 wingers.

pino
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by pino »

Is Veronin Ukrainian??
First the rotating...then the Dennis Wiseing...now the punking of me on my show. That is it Big boss...No More!

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:I think Kewell will stay, will Malouda and Simao coming in... and Pennant, not bad 4 wingers.
malouda doubtul at best, simao would be interestin to see how he would go in the EPL

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

yes voronin is Ukrainian and is at leverkusen. despite what other people have posted on here i rate voronin and i think he will do will at liverpool
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

talkin about if they are leaving....but if villa signed both kewell and bellamy would be a huge coop for Villa

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

please no! not kewell to villa! i dont know why but villa is probably the only team i just cannot watch! i just dont like them, no reason, i just dont, must be their colours