Chelsea ready to sell Sheva

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Chelsea ready to sell Sheva

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Chelsea flop Andriy Shevchenko has been given permission to return to Milan, reports in England are suggesting.

The Ukrainian, who joined the Blues last year in a £30m summer move, has struggled to adapt to his new life in the Premiership and has been constantly linked with a return.

Now the Sun newspaper claims that a deal could be done for the striker, who has scored just four League goals this term.

Shevchenko is scheduled to meet Milan officials in Athens this week, where he will be a guest of President Silvio Berlusconi for the Champions League Final with Liverpool.

The forward, who had recently stated that he wanted to silence his critics in London, has allegedly asked Chelsea patron Roman Abramovich permission to leave.

The striker’s request was understood to be motivated by the club’s decision to confirm boss Jose Mourinho, whose strained relationship with the former Rossoneri ace has never been a secret.

Abramovich is ready to release Sheva with Chelsea expected to ask for a cash-plus-player deal as opposed to Milan’s request for him to join them on loan.

However, the Via Turati outfit may consider offering £12m and including Georgian defender Kakha Kaladze in the operation.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon had stated on Sunday that Shevchenko and Michael Ballack would not be sold.

“It’s not going to happen. We brought both these players in for three, four years,â€￾ he said. “We didn’t bring them in for a season and we knew fully well what their capabilities are.

“I’m confident they are going to be here as big players with Chelsea next season. They feel they have a lot more to give as it takes time to settle in.â€￾

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

We could get Sheva back then he would return into form and be with Ronaldo and become a force. But why put Kaladze in the deal, even though he doesn't have much game time.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Milanista Wollowra wrote:We could get Sheva back then he would return into form and be with Ronaldo and become a force. But why put Kaladze in the deal, even though he doesn't have much game time.
agree...sheva, ronaldo would be a force 2 reckon with

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

sheva back to milan ? sorry but i dont think it will happened !!

eurostar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eurostar »

ronaldo07 wrote:sheva back to milan ? sorry but i dont think it will happened !!
u'll be suprised, its happenend in the past.

Rodger-k
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Rodger-k »

Does that mean if you don't make it in the EPL you can't be considered a truely GREAT player?

The Serie A league does allow you to be more 'technical' on the ball but you have to be truely special to have that technical skill and still cope with the speed and tackling of the EPL.

Sorry to see him go, [if he goes] he should stay at Chelsea and prove everyone wrong......he is in my mind a truely gifted striker and may surprise every one next season if he toughs it out in the EPL
Blue is the color, football is the game.
2006/2007 EPL runner up
2006/2007 Champions League Semi-Finalist
2006/2007 FA Cup winners
2006/2007 League Cup winners
and still considered 2006/2007 to be an un-successful season

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Stupid thing to do and a huge waste of money if they get rid of Sheva now. I believe he will come good next season.

PENALTY 5
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PENALTY 5 »

Chelsea should get rid of him!!!!
Do or Die..........No Pressure

Wild Eagle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Wild Eagle »

Rodger-k wrote:Does that mean if you don't make it in the EPL you can't be considered a truely GREAT player?

The Serie A league does allow you to be more 'technical' on the ball but you have to be truely special to have that technical skill and still cope with the speed and tackling of the EPL.

Sorry to see him go, [if he goes] he should stay at Chelsea and prove everyone wrong......he is in my mind a truely gifted striker and may surprise every one next season if he toughs it out in the EPL
I agree, he is a very gifted striker and he also is very good at dropping back and setting up other players, something he did very well in his lst 2 seasons at Milan.

He can be very negative, though, and when he is unhappy he plays terribly; that is the one downfall and the limit to him being at the level of Kaka and Ronaldinho.

I was sad to see him go, I wouldn't want him back but he would do very well at Inter.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Why Inter?

I think he needs to stay as he needs to prove himself.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

agreed and he will

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

pffff selll him, i had enough of watching him this year, it was frustrating...

even though its only been one year, his technical attributes seem to fit italy better than england so far...

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

When I saw Sheva play, he wasnt in top form, but his passing and runs were all that of a world class player, but English football is different and I dont think he made enough of an effort to adapt to the game as much as he should of it. Instead I think he tried to bend the team to pay to his strengths, which would have p1ssed off Maureen and then the politics start. People who say Maureen didnt want him in his team in the first place dont know sh1t, how can you not a striker of that calibre no matter what league, age or price.

I think if he stays he will score more goals next season, how many more?!? I think IF he regains the level form in the EPL that he had in Serie A he will score goals more than Dogba did this season (in all competitions).

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I don't think that he can't cut it in the EPL, i think that Chelsea don't play a style that suits him. They generally play one up front with wingers to assist. A player like Drogba have bash and crash to win the ball. The reality is for all of Chelsea's hype, they dont play attacking football. They use Drogba's athleticism to pick off goals. I think he needs to be used like how Man U use Rooney or Middlesbrough used Viduka. He he leaves Chelsea, Liverpool should have a crack at him.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

every one has to remember drogba didnt do that well in his first year at the club but now look what he has done
I speak nothing but the truth

P. Diddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by P. Diddy »

JayWalking Posted: 23 May 2007 22:58 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that he can't cut it in the EPL, i think that Chelsea don't play a style that suits him. They generally play one up front with wingers to assist. A player like Drogba have bash and crash to win the ball. The reality is for all of Chelsea's hype, they dont play attacking football. They use Drogba's athleticism to pick off goals. I think he needs to be used like how Man U use Rooney or Middlesbrough used Viduka. He he leaves Chelsea, Liverpool should have a crack at him.
Good post, I think he'd be better suited at an EPL team like Arsenal
"Remember kids - stay in school"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Wild Eagle wrote:
Rodger-k wrote:Does that mean if you don't make it in the EPL you can't be considered a truely GREAT player?

I agree, he is a very gifted striker and he also is very good at dropping back and setting up other players, something he did very well in his lst 2 seasons at Milan.

He can be very negative, though, and when he is unhappy he plays terribly; that is the one downfall and the limit to him being at the level of Kaka and Ronaldinho.

I was sad to see him go, I wouldn't want him back but he would do very well at Inter.
i bet if you were coach you'd want him back

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

The one and only wrote:every one has to remember drogba didnt do that well in his first year at the club but now look what he has done
fair point