McClaren Considering Beckham Recall

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

McClaren Considering Beckham Recall

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

England coach Steve McClaren is reportedly considering calling up David Beckham for the upcoming games against Brazil and Estonia

One of McClaren’s first acts was to drop the former captain from his squad but his form of late has been so impressive that he may have forced himself back into contention, first for the friendly against Brazil, and then the Euro qualifier against Estonia.

Beckham set up a goal and contributed to Roberto Carlos’ late winner as Real Madrid beat Recreativo Huelva 3-2 to stay top of La Liga on Sunday night.

Real coach Fabio Capello has been impressed with Beckham’s attitude and work-rate after the Italian initially claimed he would never play for the club again following his decision to join LA Galaxy in the summer.

England face Brazil in a friendly at Wembley Stadium on Friday next week and Beckham may now be involved.

Of course, the FA seem to be just as keen on his involvement, as it would ensure that the new Wembley is sold out for the big game.

Could the former England skipper have the final laugh, returning to rescue McClaren's tottering qualifying campaign?

What do you all think about it.

I think England are better with him then without.

Valentino The Immortal
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valentino The Immortal »

well i think that with him the side do play like a side who woould like to win in the intense situations of matches in which beckham likes to go out on the wing and collect the ball by crossing it in and evading space which means players run to the box and have an opportunity to have a shot at goal against portugal this was displayed and whilst i do like to have in in the side rather than out the advantage of not having becks in the side means that when the ball is pumped to its maximum capacity and is hit correctly it swerves through the air creating a diversion for the attacking players and trouble for the keeper this matter is a hard one to resolve and many experiments would have to be put in place to validate its integrity

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

beckhams all class...

the drop might have been a reality check, has always been a superstar - always will be. He had a form slump and everybody jumped on his back...which Mclaren did also, sometimes i think we forget the immense strain these footballers are exposed to, and we forget that not everyone is perfect...i recon stick becks back in...

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

beckham is a legend
I speak nothing but the truth

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Ppl always brag on him .. saying he's just a pretty boy that only know how to cross and take the freekcick blah blah blah ... but for me he's one of the best playe in the world ... with him in the team, the opporunity of goals is just come unpredictable ...
HAIL BACK DAVID BECKY U ID!OT MCLAREN !!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:Ppl always brag on him .. saying he's just a pretty boy that only know how to cross and take the freekcick blah blah blah ... but for me he's one of the best playe in the world ... with him in the team, the opporunity of goals is just come unpredictable ...
He set-up so many goals in the world cup didnt he... how far did ENgland get with Beckham as the main man?!?!?

with that being said, England dont have a better alternative.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

imo will always make a better celebrity than a complete footballer,

however he does have his strengths i.e dead balls & accurate delivery

into the attack and youre right lefty, england probably dont have a better

alternative @ present.

Torcida
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Torcida »

just look at the recent results without him in the team. obviously should be back in, no one better at the stage. McLaren is even choosing players from the championship my god lol

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

ronaldo07 wrote:Ppl always brag on him .. saying he's just a pretty boy that only know how to cross and take the freekcick blah blah blah ... but for me he's one of the best playe in the world ... with him in the team, the opporunity of goals is just come unpredictable ...
If you think Beckham is one of the best in the world, shiraz hell, go out and watch some other football then.

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

Beckham isnt the best player in the world BUT he does deserve to be back in the squad and have a final send off!
Pensioner

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

The problem with Beckham is that so many people who have no idea about football think he is a one-dimensional player - all they see are his crosses and free-kicks.

In reality he is a great creator and his work-rate is phenomenol - just listen to the players he has played with - thay all recognise his ability to open up the game with a simple one touch pass.

He was without doubt the best English player at the WC and gave everything he had to try and inspire some effort from his team-mates.

And I'm not a ManUre supporter either!
FOOTBALL IS LIFE - The Rest Is Just Details

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

Gerrard For Captain :P

THE ORACLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORACLE »

its not generaly known but mclaren had issues with beckham way back when they were both at old trafford. dont know what the problem was so i cant comment on whether mclaren instigated payback at the first opportunity he got. or not. maybe that was the begining of the end for beckham at united. everyone knew he didnt want to go,mind you neither did japp stam or ruud van nistlerooy. be that as it may beckham,despite all the pressure, has,in fact stood up and delivered. he has forced capello to eat humble pie at real madrid. capello also has proved he is a man by holding his hands up and admitted he was hasty. one can only hope mclaren will have enough balls to do the same :roll:

Lewis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lewis »

His death was a necessary act.....soon i'll have a new apprentice......one more younger......and more....powerful

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

i think Beckham would be a gr8 player still for England

1 thing england need 2 do is

SACK MCLAREN

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

LFTWNG11 wrote:
He set-up so many goals in the world cup didnt he... how far did ENgland get with Beckham as the main man?!?!?

with that being said, England dont have a better alternative.
they wouldn't of been in one world cup if it wasn't for him im sure greek fans can elaborate

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

THE ORACLE wrote:its not generaly known but mclaren had issues with beckham way back when they were both at old trafford. dont know what the problem was so i cant comment on whether mclaren instigated payback at the first opportunity he got. or not. maybe that was the begining of the end for beckham at united. everyone knew he didnt want to go,mind you neither did japp stam or ruud van nistlerooy. be that as it may beckham,despite all the pressure, has,in fact stood up and delivered. he has forced capello to eat humble pie at real madrid. capello also has proved he is a man by holding his hands up and admitted he was hasty. one can only hope mclaren will have enough balls to do the same :roll:
jaap stam was taking illegal drugs a month after his transfer he got suspendend for it you dont think thats why fergie sold him

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

The only mistake that Ferguson did over the past few years is to let Stam and Beckham go .... especially beckham .. this guy just play with his heart out for the team !! juventino, say whatever u want to say, for me he's one of the best !! just bcos he is not as skillfull as ronaldhino etc it doesnt mean he isnt a world class player !! I believe u watch the 1st half of Real Madrid vs Huelva last weekend .. most of the attacking come from THIS GUY !!! He make cappelo eat his word back !!

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

ronaldo07 wrote:The only mistake that Ferguson did over the past few years is to let Stam and Beckham go .... especially beckham .. this guy just play with his heart out for the team !! juventino, say whatever u want to say, for me he's one of the best !! just bcos he is not as skillfull as ronaldhino etc it doesnt mean he isnt a world class player !! I believe u watch the 1st half of Real Madrid vs Huelva last weekend .. most of the attacking come from THIS GUY !!! He make cappelo eat his word back !!
i told you stam was taking drugs thats why fergie let him go

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

bring him back