Transfer rumours

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

marco amelia and cristiano lucarelli now both linked with Palermo

angelo polombo linked to roma and fiorentina

rumours are luca toni already signed by bayern munich

suazo to join roma or inter

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Contrary to Zamperini's statement Lazio are now close to Zaccardo and have shown genuine interest and become and front-runner for Barzagli... my goodness, I wouldnt have dreamt of signing these two, I would prefer Mesto over Zaccardo, but hey Zaccardo is quality RB who can attack as well. Barzagli would be the best centre-half we have had since Nesta, if we sign him.

Apart form these two, Lazio are mostly linked with young players coming out of Argenitna and Brazil. Must be said if we are to compete in CL next season, some experience and depth is required, I like the fact Lotito recognises the need for a young squad that can develop but he must realise we are CL NOW!!! so experienced players need to come in as well. Also seems as though we lost out on Amelia, Boruc and the like, De Santis is the only keeper still being linked, otherwise all the talk is of Lazio convincing Peruzzi to come out of retirement!!!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Latest Paper Talk at 07:15 BST

DAILY MIRROR

Manchester United have the signing of Owen Hargreaves wrapped up, and will now go on to buy Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid, Gareth Bale from Southampton and Nani from Sporting Lisbon.

Sir Alex Ferguson is also keen on Aaron Lennon as a long term replacement for Ryan Giggs, but a deal for Dimitar Berbatov is unlikely.

Meanwhile, Ferguson will start next season with youngster Ben Foster in goal instead of Edwin Van der Sar.

Claudio Ranieri is expected to be named as Manchester City boss in the next fortnight.

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have both agreed new five year contracts at Liverpool.

However, Xabi Alonso could leave Anfield if he does not play in the Champions League final.

Sam Allardyce will face a legal battle if he wants to take many of the Bolton backroom staff with him to Newcastle.

Everton are lining up a £4 million bid for Sheffield United captain Phil Jagielka, but face a fight with Wigan for his signature.

Bolton are chasing Fulham's American striker Brian McBride, which could see Kevin Davies leave the club.

Alan Pardew will make a £2 million bid for Crewe forward Luke Varney. Derby, Middlesbrough, Stoke and Leicester are all also interested.
THE SUN

The Chelsea board have told Jose Mourinho that their season has not been good enough, despite a Carling Cup and FA Cup double.

Sylvain Distin will snub a return to Newcastle and instead sign a £40,000 a week deal with Portsmouth.

Meanwhile, Pompey are close to sealing a £9 million deal for Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari.

Blackburn have turned down a £350,000 bid for Francis Jeffers from Ipswich.
DAILY STAR

Jose Mourinho has urged Chelsea to sort out new contract fo John Terry and Frank Lampard as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, Roman Abramovich will bring in Portsmouth technical director Avram Grant to perform a similar role at Stamford Bridge.
THE TIMES

Steve McClaren is giving some thought to recalling David Beckham to the England side, if only for a couple of matches.

The FA Cup final looks set to be Gabriel Heinze's last game for Manchester United. Mikael Silvestre and Louis Saha are also vulnerable.
DAILY MAIL

Manchester United have been linked with an £8 million bid for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon.

United scouts were also in Holland over the weekend running the rule over Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

Newcastle, Manchester City and Bolton are all keen on Liverpool centre-half Sami Hyypia.

Sunderland are ready to offer £3 million for Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
DAILY RECORD

Middlesbrough are in the hunt to sign Aberdeen skipper Russell Anderson.

Meanwhile, the Dons have wrapped up the signing of Wolves' Jackie McNamara.

Madrista
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Madrista »

Real Madrid are linked with Sanli Tuncay. Very good young Turkish player, if he can handle the pressure he will be a major asset to the White House.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Contrary to Zamperini's statement Lazio are now close to Zaccardo and have shown genuine interest and become and front-runner for Barzagli... my goodness, I wouldnt have dreamt of signing these two, I would prefer Mesto over Zaccardo, but hey Zaccardo is quality RB who can attack as well. Barzagli would be the best centre-half we have had since Nesta, if we sign him.

Apart form these two, Lazio are mostly linked with young players coming out of Argenitna and Brazil. Must be said if we are to compete in CL next season, some experience and depth is required, I like the fact Lotito recognises the need for a young squad that can develop but he must realise we are CL NOW!!! so experienced players need to come in as well. Also seems as though we lost out on Amelia, Boruc and the like, De Santis is the only keeper still being linked, otherwise all the talk is of Lazio convincing Peruzzi to come out of retirement!!!
that would be shiraz heaps good if we signed zaccardo and barzagli. especially barzagli, i always thought that milan or juve would get him. i read that Palermo have joined the race to sign Amelia. what happened to that aek keeper sorrentino?

other transfer news

recoba and suazo linked with romamerda
lucarelli to palermo
buffon could still end up playing for milan

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

I'm surprised that no clubs are chasing Evandro. He will be a big player in europe

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Alabardiere
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Alabardiere »

Lazio after Marchini, who has impressed in his recent perfomances with Cagliari:

Fonte: TMW

"Secondo quanto riportato dal Corriere dello Sport, la Lazio avrebbe effettuato un sondaggio con il Cagliari per Davide Marchini (26), centrocampista polivalente che ha impressionato nelle ultime apparizioni con la maglia dei sardi. Il cartellino del giocatore è di proprietà della Triestina, anche se pare ormai certo che il Cagliari eserciterà il diritto di riscatto previsto dagli accordi."
Alabardato dell' Anno

rise_against
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by rise_against »

Ive never seen muntari play and pompeys spending 9 mill on him? anybody know if hes any good?...hargreaves would be an awesome buy for united in my opinion

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Alabardiere wrote:Lazio after Marchini, who has impressed in his recent perfomances with Cagliari:

Fonte: TMW

"Secondo quanto riportato dal Corriere dello Sport, la Lazio avrebbe effettuato un sondaggio con il Cagliari per Davide Marchini (26), centrocampista polivalente che ha impressionato nelle ultime apparizioni con la maglia dei sardi. Il cartellino del giocatore è di proprietà della Triestina, anche se pare ormai certo che il Cagliari eserciterà il diritto di riscatto previsto dagli accordi."
u no how much i rate Marchini....would be a gd signing for Lazio

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Never seen Marchini play so I'll take your word for it... although I heard he scored a double from midfield against Roma, or is this a different player?!?!?

FYI, Muntari is one of the strongest central midfielders you will see in world football, would probably suit the EPL more than Serie A, and he plays really well in Serie A week in week out, would be a big signing for pompey, one of Ghanas best players in the World Cup.

Lazio also linked with Molinaro from Siena, again with Hamsik of Brescia, Raggi or Pratali of EMpoli and now we are favoured to pick up Zaccardo and not Mesto, with Foggia being used to snare Bianchi instead! Also for the midfield talk of either Blasi from Fiorentina (who funnily enough is behind Liverani, former Lazio player in the pecking order) aaaaaaaand Vinne Grella (Lotito loves his free transfers).

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Yep, it was Marchini who scored the double vs Roma. His second goal was a beauty too.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Contrary to Zamperini's statement Lazio are now close to Zaccardo and have shown genuine interest and become and front-runner for Barzagli... my goodness, I wouldnt have dreamt of signing these two, I would prefer Mesto over Zaccardo, but hey Zaccardo is quality RB who can attack as well. Barzagli would be the best centre-half we have had since Nesta, if we sign him.

sorry unrelated but couldnt help but laugh at lftwng hahaha 'my goodness'
and he tries to be so tough :oops:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

zola wrote:

sorry unrelated but couldnt help but laugh at lftwng hahaha 'my goodness'
and he tries to be so tough :oops:
I get all mooshy when I see Lazio might be signing the future no.1 centre-half of the eyetalian NT.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

The £40m Gossip - F365.co.uk

THE COMINGS AND GOINGS AT LIVERPOOL
As you should have already read on the site, Rafa Benitez is planning to overhaul his Liverpool squad this summer.

Cue pages and pages of speculation in this morning's newspapers about who will be coming and going.

Let's start with the outcasts. Robbie Fowler and Jerzy Dudek are definitely leaving after being told their contracts will not be renewed, while Sami Hyypia, Boudewijn Zenden, Mark González, Harry Kewell and 'even' Craig Bellamy feature on the 'unwanted' list of both The Guardian and Independent. The latter publication adds the name of Scott Carson, while the Guardian reminds readers that Djibril Cisse is only on loan at Marseille. Yup, we'd forgotten that as well.

Xabi Alonso may join the list if he is left out of Wednesday's line-up, while The Daily Mirror suggests that Peter Crouch is another player 'sweating on his future'.

So who is coming in?

Benitez has around £40m to spend and the Guardian says that 'a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season is a priority - Samuel Eto'o and Fernando Torres of Barcelona and Atlético Madrid respectively remain plausible targets'.

'Three signings are already in place - Andriy Voronin, the Bayer Leverkusen forward, plus Lucas Leiva and Sebastián Leto, two highly rated youngsters from South America - and more will follow, with Samuel Eto'o, the Barcelona forward, the mouth-watering name at the top of BenÃ￾tez's shopping list,' claims The Times.

'Luring Eto'o to England may yet prove beyond Liverpool and Manchester United, but it is an illustration of the calibre of player that BenÃ￾tez has in mind, with Carlos Tévez, the West Ham United forward, Daniel Alves, the Seville wing back, and Morten Gamst Pedersen, the Blackburn Rovers winger, also in his thoughts.'

Which is pretty much what we said in our Summer Guide for Liverpool.

SHEVA TO AGREE MILAN MOVE TODAY
Andriy Shevchenko will hold talks today with AC Milan over a proposed return to the San Siro, according to The Sun.

The Ukrainian, it is claimed, has been told he can leave Chelski this summer and the 'striker is due to meet Milan officials in Athens today. Personal terms will be discussed while the clubs try to agree a deal'.

The paper suggests that Milan would be willing to pay £12m and offer Georgian defender Kakha Kaladze as well. Chelski would then make an approach for Carlos Tevez.

HAIM WAITS ON CHELSKI
It's decision time for Bolton's want-away defender Tal Ben Haim. Pompey and West Ham have already tabled offers for the Israeli but The Independent says that Chelski are considering whether to make a 'counter bid'. This has understandably prompted Haim to stall on making any agreement with either the Hammers or Pompey.

The sub-plot to Chelski's renewed interest in Ben Haim is the 'influence of his fellow Israeli Avram Grant'.

'Grant, currently at Portsmouth, is due to arrive as Chelsea's new director of football within the next month after developing a strong relationship with Roman Abramovich. He was at Wembley for Saturday's FA Cup final and watched the game from Abramovich's private box.

'Grant, the former coach of the Israeli national team, has long championed Ben Haim's cause and although the defender would not be the first choice of Jose Mourinho, the manager will accept his signing.'

Jose's preferred signing would be Jorge Andrade, but Deportivo La Coruna's asking price of £10m has proved prohibitive.

WHY DO ARSENAL NEED ANOTHER LEFT-BACK?
According to The Guardian, 'Arsenal have joined Tottenham and Manchester United in the race to sign Gareth Bale.'

That seems unnecessary because the Gunners already possess a cracking young left-back in Gael Clichy and a promising 17-year-old understudy in Armand Traore.

Less arguable is the claim that Bale will reject the offer of a new deal at Southampton and 'will decide to make the step up to the Premiership immediately'.

Meanwhile, reports that Arsenal could bid for Michael Owen refuse to go away.

On this occasion, it is The Daily Mail who announce that 'Arsene Wenger is monitoring Michael Owen's fractious relationship with the Newcastle board and could make a move for the England forward'.

MANDARIC TAKES HIS REVENGE ON WARNOCK
Elsewhere in The Daily Mail is the declaration that the vacant post of manager Leicester City has been offered to...MK Dons boss Martin Allen.

With what is described as a 'bitter snub to Neil Warnock', 'Leicester made an official approach to the League Two side yesterday and Allen will officially take over at the Walkers Stadium later this week'.

Warnock apparently 'believed the job was his' but his decision to reject Pompey last January, when Mandaric was still in charge at Fratton Park, 'left a sour taste which has cost him the chance of taking charge at Leicester'.

A SHORT BIT OF WEST HAM TALK
Despite speculation to the contrary, The Times says that Yossi Benayoun 'is likely to remain at West Ham United after being offered a new five-year contract.'

The Hammers, though, 'have expressed an interest in signing Michael Kightly, the Wolverhampton Wanderers winger who has scored eight goals in 24 matches for the Coca-Cola Championship club'.

AND THE REST
Paul Robinson's future at Spurs is in doubt after Martin Jol joined the race for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon...Titus Bramble will snub Fulham, Celtic and Birmingham to sign for Portsmouth...Pompey also plan to complete the £7million signing of Sulley Muntari in the next few days...Kieran Richardson, Gabriel Heinze and Mikael Silvestre - who will move to Lyon - will leave Manchester United...Everton want to sign United right-back Phil Bardsley...West Ham want Fulham stopper Antti Niemi to provide competition to Rob Green...Roy Keane wants to bring Aston Villa midfielder Gavin McCann to Sunderland...Birmingham are chasing Liverpool keeper Scott Carson on a season long loan deal...

...Wolves' first purchase since Steve Morgan's takeover will be Scunthorpe striker Billy Sharp...Doncaster will snap up veteran keeper Neil Sullivan...Gillingham winger Matt Jarvis is wanted by six clubs, with Charlton and Stoke leading the chase...West Ham will beat off competition from Newcastle to sign Middlesbrough centre-half Chris Riggott...Bryan Robson's first job at Sheffield Untied will be to hold on to Phil Jagielka, who is wanted by a host of clubs, led by Everton...Bayern Munich want Newcastle midfielder Emre to replace Owen Hargreaves...Dunfermline defender Sol Bamba says he wants a move to the Premiership to further his international ambitions with the Ivory Coast.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Liverpool should definatley keep Alonso but I agree with the rest except Kewell. Depends on what happens in the CL final. Besides with him having been out for so long and the injuries would they even get much for him. I dont think they'll let him go yet, plus rafa loves him. In regards to cisse he had a pretty good season at Marseille didnt he? wonder if he will return to pool. Whats with them signing 'highly rated youngsters" what about some players that are already proven as apposed to these youngsters and player that are wither past it or average at best eg. Bellamy and Zenden.

In regards to Chelse why does Ambromovich insist on interfering? He is owner but doesnt know about football. Let mourinho make the decisions about his players ffs. Then when things dont go according to plan yu can blame him and it would actually be true. Should have learnt from this when they wouldnt let mourinho pick up a defender in the last transfer window!!! Then we had all those injuries and no cover, hense we dropped points.

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

Is it set to be an English exodus with Arsene, Thierry, Claude, and Bobby all going to Spain?

WENGER LEAVING WITH HENRY?

Who? - Arsene Wenger and Thierry Henry

Where are they? - Arsenal

What are they linked with? - An Exit Among all the lovely lounges at Ashburton Grove is there a departure lounge? Because that's where you will find Arsene Wenger and his mate Thierry Henry according to the ever-reliable British press today. Arsene has apparently fallen out with the Arsenal board over something or another, so rather than doing the decent mature thing of talking it over he's going to quit and take Thierry Henry with him. Actually, he's probably going to talk it over but that doesn't make for much of a story. Wenger's never managed in Spain so that will surely be his next destination. Unless you happen to be a delusional Manchester City fan in which case you think he's joining your club.

ANOTHER UNITED WEIGH UP VIDUKA

Who? - Mark Viduka

Where is he? - Middlesbrough

Who is he linked with? - Manchester United and now Newcastle United

If you think like us you probably think that he's a talentless lump whose pace over 10 yards is only showcased when he spots a MacDonalds, but plenty of managers think Mark Viduka would be a really good buy. They include Gareth Southgate, Harry Redknapp (mind you, read on to see who he also thinks would be a good buy), Sir Alex Ferguson and, now, Sam Allardyce. Big Sam wants Mark to join him at Newcastle (in the canteen probably) on a Bosman. Seems 'the Duke' will have his pick of clubs for next season, though we have no idea why

STRANGE BUT TRUE

Who? - Titus Bramble

Where is he? - At home

Who is he linked with? - Portsmouth

Having cornered the market in immobile, error-strewn, casual, comedy defending you'd think Titus Bramble would be linked with a new line of work, not a new club. But Harry Redknapp has apparently decided that his Portsmouth team needs Bramble-shambles in it. We're guessing he hasn't mentioned this to David James.

CHELSEA TO SIGN PLAYER THEY ALREADY OWN

Who? - Alex

Where is he? - PSV

Who is he linked with? - Chelsea

Chelsea will be bringing Brazilian defender Alex to Stamford Bridge this summer. It will cost them £0.50p (not including his bus fare. Is this proof that after years of paying over the odds for players Chelsea have snapped up the best bargain in world football? 50p for a player? Nope, it is proof that Chelsea already own him and under a strange clause in his PSV contract he can move to them for $1. So they are paying to get a player they already own. That's the Chelsea way of doing business.

CHELSEA TO SELL PLAYER THEY ALREADY OWN

Who? - Claude Makelele

Where is he? - Chelsea

Who is he linked with? - Villarreal

Plenty of players are set to depart Stamford Bridge this summer though, and apparently one of them is Claude Makelele. Despite being the man who does all the ugly but necessary work in front of the back four, Chelsea are prepared to let the aging Makelele finish his career in Spain. Their loss if you ask us...

OTHER GOSSIP...West Ham is the most likely destination for Craig Bellamy...Mark Gonzalez will also be leaving Liverpool in the summer; Valencia are keen on his signature...Claudio Ranieri is the hot favourite for the Manchester City job if the Thai takeover goes through... Bobby Zamora has been offered a move to Atletico Madrid...Still no news on Jose Mourinho's dog...
ImageImage

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

SIDWELL has signed with chelsea
ImageImage

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

CONFIRMED TRANFERS

S. Sidwell Reading Chelsea
O. Hargreaves Bayern Man Utd.
T. Radzinski Fulham released
A. Lupoli Arsenal Fiorentina
César Bolton released
D. Thompson Bolton released
Q. Fortune Bolton released
H. Pedersen Bolton released
D. Unsworth Wigan Athletic released
A. De Zeeuw Wigan Athletic released
ImageImage

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Bazzani to Livorno confirmed

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

juventino_4_ever wrote:Bazzani to Livorno confirmed
brilliant signing by Livorno imo

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bazzani is crap.

Madrista
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Madrista »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Never seen Marchini play so I'll take your word for it... although I heard he scored a double from midfield against Roma, or is this a different player?!?!?

FYI, Muntari is one of the strongest central midfielders you will see in world football, would probably suit the EPL more than Serie A, and he plays really well in Serie A week in week out, would be a big signing for pompey, one of Ghanas best players in the World Cup.

Lazio also linked with Molinaro from Siena, again with Hamsik of Brescia, Raggi or Pratali of EMpoli and now we are favoured to pick up Zaccardo and not Mesto, with Foggia being used to snare Bianchi instead! Also for the midfield talk of either Blasi from Fiorentina (who funnily enough is behind Liverani, former Lazio player in the pecking order) aaaaaaaand Vinne Grella (Lotito loves his free transfers).
Does anyone care about who a small club like Lazio are going to buy? Especially when they are no-name Italian players from even smaller clubs?

Alabardiere
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Alabardiere »

"Never seen Marchini play so I'll take your word for it... although I heard he scored a double from midfield against Roma, or is this a different player?!?!?"

He's excellent on the ball and can take on and beat players almost at will. vs Roma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGcUnfTtc0
vs Piacenza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffL7T13s8DM
vs Juve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6I3flxYLTs (1:51 in)

Cagliari are also looking at Piovaccari (no!) and Floro Flores

Madrista:
We're sticking to the thread topic, and if you don't have anything to contribute to it, why post?
Alabardato dell' Anno

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
juventino_4_ever wrote:Bazzani to Livorno confirmed
brilliant signing by Livorno imo
Not if they lose Lucarelli, then that is a sh1t replacement for Mr. Communist.

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

where will Modesto go??? Seeing Max Tonetto is getting older, maybe a move to Roma will be on the cards???

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

Some of the Empoli boys contracts end in 2008, will they cash em in, or will they let them play out with a possiblity of no contract extension - turning them into free transfers in 2008???

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

BAYERN EYE VAN PERSIE RAID
Bayern Munich have reportedly targeted Arsenal's Robin van Persie for a shock £8million summer switch.

The Dutch striker was in great form this past season, top scoring with 13 goals for the Gunners before a broken metatarsal prematurely ended his campaign in January.

And Bayern are keen to bring van Persie to the Bundesliga as part of a major squad overhaul having failed to qualify for next season's Champions League.

The German giants have seemingly missed out on Chelsea's Arjen Robben, who looks set to sign a new five-year deal at Stamford Bridge, but according to the Daily Mirror they're now content to turn their attention to the Arsenal man.

Bayern's deputy chairman Karl-Heinz Rumenigge has promised "brutal and ruthless" changes and the club will be armed with substantial funds following the imminent sale of Owen Hargreaves to Manchester United.

Van Persie joined Arsenal for £2.75m from Feyenoord in 2004 and despite struggling at first with disciplinary problems, his potential looked like it was finally beginning to blossom before his latest injury.

Arsene Wenger is understood to be unwilling to sell but Bayern are able to make a very tempting offer to both club and player.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA DREAMERS

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Alabardiere wrote:Madrista:
We're sticking to the thread topic, and if you don't have anything to contribute to it, why post?
Because he is an idiot.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Juve reportedly close to Iaquinta. Transfer would be 5.7 mil Pounds and in return Udinese get Paolucci on a co-ownership deal. Also looking at Chivu, Sissoko for 10 mil pounds, Mexes, Claudio Pizzaro and supposedly Pasqual.

4 players who we probably don't need. We could get Chivu and Mexes if we want to increase mistakes in games. Iaquinta is decent, but nothing spectacular and we already have Chiellini on the left hand side of defence and Balzaretti as backup. As for the other two, haven't seen much of Pizzaro and Sissoko so can't really comment on them.