The World's Top Ten Centre Halves

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Madrista
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Madrista »

Sorry Ronaldo07, but Puyol is crap. Don't think he is a good defender at all. Hopefully Ronaldo will be playing with Real Madrid soon. :wink:

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Ambrosiana wrote:Must be an English paper. Materazzi has 9 goals to his name this campaign (including a lovely scissor kick), not to mention the three he scored at the world cup. How does Terry, Ferdinand, Carvalho and Carragher get rated ahead of him. :evil:

Nesta has only just came back from injury and is judged to be better than Canna & Matrix, Nesta hobbling off the field was the turning point for Italy in Germany :wink:
i think it might be to do with the seasons they had in thier respective league and i guess they are saying those four players had better seasons. i dont know how they could say terry has he has been injured
I speak nothing but the truth

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Form is temporary, class is pemanent... Nesta is the best centre-half in the world, bar-none.

Madrista
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Madrista »

LFTWNG11 if he was really that good, Real Madrid would have bought him by now.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Form is temporary, class is pemanent... Nesta is the best centre-half in the world, bar-none.
Form is temporary, class is permanent... Cannavaro is the best centre-half in the world, bar-none.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Madrista wrote:LFTWNG11 if he was really that good, Real Madrid would have bought him by now.
:roll:

Madrista
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Madrista »

Its true Juventino. Just like if Del Piero was good enough, we would have signed him in his prime, unfortunately he wasn't because we had Raul.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

getborn, just be honest and admit Nesta is better! :lol: I mean I'm sure this has nothing to do with Nesta being a Laziale and Cannavaro and Naop!

Madrista, do you wrist off to the Real Madrid posters on your wall?? sure as hell sounds like it... cos apparently the whole world revolves Madrid... In your signature pic is Di Stefano looking after Liverpool's tophys?!?!?!?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Madrista, do you wrist off to the Real Madrid posters on your wall?? sure as hell sounds like it... cos apparently the whole world revolves Madrid...
Please tell us.
Madrista wrote:Its true Juventino. Just like if Del Piero was good enough, we would have signed him in his prime, unfortunately he wasn't because we had Raul.
Del Piero was good enough to knock you out of 96 CL quater finals with a nice free kick.

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

juventino_4_ever wrote:Everyone knows the best defenders are...

(Drum Roll)

We have a tie! Between Titus Bramble and Jean-Alain Boumsong.
That's classic

Could someone please tell me if Boumsong gets much game time at juventus. He is the biggest plonker along with Bramble and Gary Doherty from Norwich.
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

**NERAZZURRI**
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by **NERAZZURRI** »

Madrid are rubbish look at them over the last few years, they cant buy players for cabernet, as if u can say nest isnt any good and that madrid would have bought him if he was. madrid only buy flashy forwards and midfielders and are only worried about revenue and the tag of being the galacticos rather than quality players who play their position well and do what it takes to win. NESTA IS QUALITY and the spanish league is gay it is full of divers and softcocks and the referee continually blows his whistle at non existant fouls which makes it the most frustrating league to watch in the world.

Cannavaro is class as well, and he will return to italy and joining madrid was just a holiday for him where he could take it easy and come back refreshed again to play properly and lead italy to win the european championship.

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

(Drum Roll)

That's classic

Could someone please tell me if Boumsong gets much game time at juventus. He is the biggest plonker along with Bramble and Gary Doherty from Norwich.
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Updachels wrote:

(Drum Roll)

That's classic

he has been first choice for most of the season. Played probably 2/3 of the games. Had a few niggling injuries to deal with. Had a shocking first half of the season, has done much better in 2007.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

LFTWNG11 wrote:getborn, just be honest and admit Nesta is better! :lol: I mean I'm sure this has nothing to do with Nesta being a Laziale and Cannavaro and Nap!
absurd :!: that has nothing to do with it :!: :wink:

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Madrista wrote:Its true Juventino. Just like if Del Piero was good enough, we would have signed him in his prime, unfortunately he wasn't because we had Raul.
are you related to ronaldo07 :?:

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Madrista wrote:Sorry Ronaldo07, but Puyol is crap. Don't think he is a good defender at all. Hopefully Ronaldo will be playing with Real Madrid soon. :wink:
how can u say puyol is crap .. he's one of the best in the world i belif ...
and sorry, i wont join real :lol: my heart belong to manutd :lol:

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

How did Snoop Rio get a gig in there, because Man Utd pay him way too much?

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Cannavaro & Nesta should both be in the 1 and 2 position, they are top players and Maldini even though he is 38 he is still playing killa.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

haha and that statement is not biased at all :roll:

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

zola wrote:haha and that statement is not biased at all :roll:
i agree lol !!

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

juventino_4_ever wrote:
Updachels wrote:

(Drum Roll)

That's classic

he has been first choice for most of the season. Played probably 2/3 of the games. Had a few niggling injuries to deal with. Had a shocking first half of the season, has done much better in 2007.
Still every time he getst the ball it looks like he has no idea on what he's doing.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

zola wrote:haha and that statement is not biased at all :roll:
as opposed to you saying that Terry is the best centre-half all the time?!?!?! :roll:

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

I speak nothing but the truth :D