Milan v Manchester United preview

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Milan v Manchester United preview

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Sir Alex Ferguson could make major changes to the Manchester United defence that leaked two goals against Milan at Old Trafford. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic both travelled to Italy for the semi-final second leg, and are both poised to return to first-team action.

A makeshift centre-back partnership of Gabriel Heinze and Wes Brown was twice breached by Kaka in the first leg, bringing harsh criticism by Ferguson.

Ferdinand aggravated a groin injury against Middlesbrough 10 days ago, while Vidic has not played since breaking his collarbone at the end of March.

Louis Saha is expected to feature on the bench after recovering from a hamstring injury, but there is no place for Gary Neville.

Paul Scholes risks missing his second Champions League final through suspension if he picks up a booking, while Cristiano Ronaldo and Heinze are also one yellow card away from a one-match ban.

Gennaro Gattuso is the key fitness worry for Milan. His withdrawal with a foot injury at Old Trafford gave United the space to create two second-half goals, and he will be rushed back into first-team action.

Paolo Maldini misses out with a knee injury, but at least he will be sure of being available for the final if Milan get there - he is one booking away from suspension.

Veteran goalgetter Filippo Inzaghi will be drafted in to bolster the attacking line, in the wake of Alberto Gilardino's insipid display last week.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/uefa- ... 7495.shtml

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

MILAN SQUAD
5/1/2007
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

http://www.acmilan.com/

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

is maldini any chance of playing?

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Unfortuantely he is out with a knee injury, so they may need to play Kaladze or Bonera to take his place. Hopefully Gourcuff starts and Brocchi doesn't play.

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

Milan will win 1-0 tomorrow morning and win on away goals.
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Ronaldo trying to hint that ManUtd will score another 7 ?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Man Utd were thrashed.

Milan a different class, I hope they win and give Paolo Maldini the send off he deserves.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

well done milan,totally outclassed us.

EMVEE
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by EMVEE »

What a performance...it's hard to recall a better display from Milan in the past few years...FORZA MILAN :twisted:

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Oh dear... That was a pretty poor display 90 minutes. There was some good stuff by ManUtd but clearly the better team won tonight.

Never mind, maybe next year. :roll:

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

Squizzy wrote:Oh dear... That was a pretty poor display 90 minutes. There was some good stuff by ManUtd but clearly the better team won tonight.

and where was this??

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

ronaldo07 wrote:Ronaldo trying to hint that ManUtd will score another 7 ?

nope, dont think so.

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

Manchester United got dispatched like a case of sparkling Shiraz or Cabernet....

And I love to tell this to you Manchester fans that have been giving me cabernet, saying oooooooooo "Christiano Ronaldo is so coool, I got a poster of him above my bed on the cieling so whenever I go to bed....."....

"S H I R A Z e n UP YA!"

Now, for you liverpool fans. If you don't find a 3-0 scoreline to Manchester United intimidating, especially when the year we played you we drew our way practically to the final. Your days are bloody numbered. And this is going to be our sweet F'ing revenge.

Milanista Wollowra, this is our time now, again.... For Maldini!!.

Forza Milan!.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

who are you kidding?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

You do realise that is the line I started.

Therefore.

Who are you kidding?
ACM1899 4 LIFE

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

manU4life wrote:
Squizzy wrote:Oh dear... That was a pretty poor display 90 minutes. There was some good stuff by ManUtd but clearly the better team won tonight.

and where was this??
Sorry M8y, maybe I should have highlighted "Some" :roll: . We had a couple of chances to grab a goal - which may or may not have mattered.

Still tipping my hat to AC though - brilliantly played both individually and as a team.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

getborn wrote:
ronaldo07 wrote:Ronaldo trying to hint that ManUtd will score another 7 ?

nope, dont think so.
Lol :lol:

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

Squizzy wrote:
manU4life wrote:

and where was this??
Sorry M8y, maybe I should have highlighted "Some" :roll: . We had a couple of chances to grab a goal - which may or may not have mattered.

Still tipping my hat to AC though - brilliantly played both individually and as a team.
i suppose rooney should have had a penalty when he was trying for the overhead kick but we cant whinge about penalties :D

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

manU4life wrote:
Squizzy wrote:
manU4life wrote:

and where was this??

i suppose rooney should have had a penalty when he was trying for the overhead kick but we cant whinge about penalties :D
would have been a ludacris decision.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

getborn wrote:
manU4life wrote:
Squizzy wrote:
manU4life wrote:

and where was this??

would have been a ludacris decision.
why?? the defender had no intention to play the ball...it was a penalty but it menas nothing now and it probably wouldnt have meaned much then

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

manU4life wrote:well done milan,totally outclassed us.
gd 2 see u have come out of hiding and admitted defeat

but i remember u sayin that u hope man utd win but u dont think u will

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

Rigoni 10 wrote:

come out of hiding???i posted that like a hour after the game you nonce and yes i said we wouldnt win i said chelsea would and now i think milan will

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

manU4life wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:

come out of hiding???i posted that like a hour after the game you nonce and yes i said we wouldnt win i said chelsea would and now i think milan will
wooooops i must not have seen m8 soz bout that

ah well....u reckon the title will be wrapped up this wkend???

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Game was won and lost in midfield - Gatusso, Seedorf, Kaka etc made Fletcher and Carrick look second rate - Kaka has a half chance and scores Fletcher has a much better chance and falls over! United need to buy at least 2 World Class midfielders to have any chance next year

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

Knight7 wrote:Game was won and lost in midfield - Gatusso, Seedorf, Kaka etc made Fletcher and Carrick look second rate - Kaka has a half chance and scores Fletcher has a much better chance and falls over! United need to buy at least 2 World Class midfielders to have any chance next year
milan were better everywhere...including in the lead up to the game. the only two things ill mention is gattuso made 2 bookable tackles before he even received a yellow late in the game and the penalty for rooney.