Best Goal Celebrations

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Best Goal Celebrations

Post by Fiasco »

Didnt know which folder best suited this topic, but thought it does relate to world football, obviously if others don't think so, move it.

I was having a conversation with a mate today about the best ever goal celebrations. great conversation. peter crouches 'robot', robbie fowler back in 99 when he snorted the white line, totti sucking his thumb, Nani's flips, klinsman who they say invented the diving goal celebration as he was ridiculed of diving to get free-kicks, cahill punching the corner flag, tardelli who punched his heart and cried after scoring in the final against germany in 82, Tevez jumping into the crowd.

what others do you think are some of the great goal celebrations?

And do you think it is right for a player to get punished for extravagant goal celebrations?

IMO i think it adds something to the game and adds to the whole spectacle. in no other game is a goal so important, and feels so good. Being booked, fined or punished is sometimes harsh.
ImageImage

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

hahaha fowlers was classic
but cantonas for me... the lil shimmy, the chip, cheast out, collar out, looks around like he owns the place(n he probs did at that stage)

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Players shouldnt be punished for celebrating unless its dangerous or seriously offenisve. I liked Grosso's against Germany in the WC. It was like Tardelli's in 82. That Nigerian guy (i think it was WC 98) who did all those backflips was great as well. U also forgot John Aloisi's vs Uruguay.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

this same topic pops up every 6 months

Zuzu
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Zuzu »

inzaghi when he scores his tap ins
Do u Know whats better than an early ball, an EVEN earlier ball!

The PASSSSSION!!!!!!

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

adriano, looks to the sky with hands raised in memory of his late father...thats class and respect....

cant believe no one has mentioned Obafemi Martins...the famous backflips..3 or 4 in a row...

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Kelly, when he kiss alan smith for celebration :shock:

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

Chelsea team gathering around Dennis Wise, as if posing for a team photo
ImageImage

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Michael Thomas against Liverpool 1989 when he kicked his lower body in the air lol....so weird

Luis Garcia invented the thumbsuck not Totti....geez!!

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

Zuzu wrote:inzaghi when he scores his tap ins
SUPERPIPPO!!
The smog level in Milan shot up by 200% on April 22, as millions of dusty Nerazzurri flags were taken out of the closet and waved wildly.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

robby fowler snorting the line

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Bari's celebration with the train was alwasy great.

Oh and Zidane vs Udinese (I think) when he went to jump over the advertisement boards and tripped :lol: (this did happen right??I'm not imagining it am I :? I fell bloody lost right now :lol: )

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

juventino_4_ever wrote:Bari's celebration with the train was alwasy great.

Oh and Zidane vs Udinese (I think) when he went to jump over the advertisement boards and tripped :lol: (this did happen right??I'm not imagining it am I :? I fell bloody lost right now :lol: )
Yes it happened lol even zidane had a laugh about it

anyone remember that serie a show that used to be on sunday mornings ?
The smog level in Milan shot up by 200% on April 22, as millions of dusty Nerazzurri flags were taken out of the closet and waved wildly.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Who doesn't remember that show? Only reason to wake up early on a Sunday morining. Wish I had some of them games on tape. Taped over them all :evil:

eurostar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eurostar »

FORZALAZIO wrote:Players shouldnt be punished for celebrating unless its dangerous or seriously offenisve. I liked Grosso's against Germany in the WC. It was like Tardelli's in 82. That Nigerian guy (i think it was WC 98) who did all those backflips was great as well. U also forgot John Aloisi's vs Uruguay.
i agree with grosso's celebration because how vital the goal was aswell as the celebration 8)

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

REVENGE wrote:
FORZALAZIO wrote:Players shouldnt be punished for celebrating unless its dangerous or seriously offenisve. I liked Grosso's against Germany in the WC. It was like Tardelli's in 82. That Nigerian guy (i think it was WC 98) who did all those backflips was great as well. U also forgot John Aloisi's vs Uruguay.
i agree with grosso's celebration because how vital the goal was aswell as the celebration 8)
ciro ferrara.

UEFA cup final v stuggartt.

scored late in the 2nd leg, first goal for napoli. sealed the deal.

he was reduced to tears. sorry but im a napoli tragic.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

nothing beats Robbie Fowlers snort... an 8 week suspension proves how good it was!!!

classic when Del Piero scored the second against Germany, ran along th efence then started to kick the fence and started shouting at the fans... it was brillant cos he answered his critics somewhat.

Paolo Di Canios nonchalence after scoring goals for Lazio was brillant as well :D

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

gr8 video the 1st one....some funny celebrations....lol at ally mcoists

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

that second one is awesome

as much as i dislike RVN i must say his celebration is class when he goes up 2 the defender 2 show he scored

EMVEE
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by EMVEE »

Can't go past Superpippo when he fires....gold 8)

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

LFTWNG11 wrote:nothing beats Robbie Fowlers snort... an 8 week suspension proves how good it was!!!

classic when Del Piero scored the second against Germany, ran along th efence then started to kick the fence and started shouting at the fans... it was brillant cos he answered his critics somewhat.

Paolo Di Canios nonchalence after scoring goals for Lazio was brillant as well :D
I loved it. The advertsiding boards were his critics (not literally of course, only figuretively), he kicked em nicely :lol:

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

theyre all good, and deserve a mention...

but OBAFEMI MARTINS.... THE BACKFLIPS!!!