Calcio Chaos

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

There is the intimidation factor, but away fans do have large amounts of security personnel around them. In fact, basically two long lines of security, top of the section to the bottom.

Then the officials make sure home fans do not sit in any seating close to the away fans, so there are measures to keep away fans safe.

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

aussie_ascoli wrote:
INTERISTA wrote:but would u feel safe watching Ascoli away?
I think with any club in the world you would feel intimidated when travelling. It would be just as safe as going to Melbourne with a small group, the bigger the group you have the less intimidated you would feel.
In reference to watching games away.. i saw roma v milan 1-1 at the olimpico, i was wearing a Milan top and no one threatened to kill me & from memory the Milan ultras had to leave the stadium an hour later.

I saw Milan play Udinese at the san siro, once again no trouble.. Milan won 4-0 :D

Interista u may be interested to noe i saw Inter v Parma in Verona.. the winner qualified for the UCL.. Baggio scored two great goals. Once again no troubles..

I just thought id let u noe about my Italian football experiences, and that i didnt get into any fights.. or have any flares thrown at me.. instead they are memories that will stay with me for a long time.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

King Henry Returns wrote:
aussie_ascoli wrote:
INTERISTA wrote:but would u feel safe watching Ascoli away?
I think with any club in the world you would feel intimidated when travelling. It would be just as safe as going to Melbourne with a small group, the bigger the group you have the less intimidated you would feel.
In reference to watching games away.. i saw roma v milan 1-1 at the olimpico, i was wearing a Milan top and no one threatened to kill me & from memory the Milan ultras had to leave the stadium an hour later.

I saw Milan play Udinese at the san siro, once again no trouble.. Milan won 4-0 :D

Interista u may be interested to noe i saw Inter v Parma in Verona.. the winner qualified for the UCL.. Baggio scored two great goals. Once again no troubles..

I just thought id let u noe about my Italian football experiences, and that i didnt get into any fights.. or have any flares thrown at me.. instead they are memories that will stay with me for a long time.
a baggio double!!! ...... awesome

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

These troubles are isolated incidents, created by at most times just one idiot, that other nation's media will throw in Italy's face because of 'ongoing' crowd violence.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

juventino_4_ever wrote:These troubles are isolated incidents, created by at most times just one idiot, that other nation's media will throw in Italy's face because of 'ongoing' crowd violence.
Are you talking about the Pommy Media??? They only do this to cover up their own problems although they have cleaned up their act in the EPL i must say.
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Nah I wasn't specifically refering to England, just other nations in general.

Take for example here in Australia, when the policeman died, it was all over the news, in the papers, never before had I seen so much coverage of Italian football on commercial tv.

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

aussie_ascoli wrote:
When i went to see Ascoli all i saw went passionate supporters. I actually felt safer knowing i was with people who all loved Ascoli equally. Not to mention you need to produce ID to buy a ticket, produce that same id to get into the game, then get patted down before you enter the stadium.

I actually feel less safe at Hindmarsh, where alcohol is served inside the stadium (alcohol is banned inside italian stadiums) making it a very uneasy atmosphere. Simply because of drunken behaviour.
you need to show your ticket to get into the game? i must same this surprises me. state of the art securities measures right there. we could learn something from this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

ID you idiot.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

juventino_4_ever wrote:ID you idiot.
8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

juventino_4_ever wrote:Nah I wasn't specifically refering to England, just other nations in general.

Take for example here in Australia, when the policeman died, it was all over the news, in the papers, never before had I seen so much coverage of Italian football on commercial tv.
Sorry to dissapoint you dude but that aint a conspiracy directed towards the Italians only, Aussie TV networks will screen and publish anything violent for our GREAT game and thats because they will stop at NOTHING to try and convince mainstream Australia that our game only promotes hatred, violence and Ethnic Tension. Dont take it personally. Lucky they have never published or screened anything from the Greek League because that would make the Italian and German violence look insignificant, trust me :wink:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

mods please move king henrys post to the womens volleyball forum on this site........ :wink:

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

how come this sort of stuff rarely (if at all) happens in spain or england..refering to ppl being killed

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

England learnt their lesson after Hillsborough and changed the security in stadiums and the stadia themselves.

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

do u know if the renovations to the della alpi will make it all seating and no standing? :?:

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

It is going to be 40,000 all seater, they were saying something like Hamburg's stadium. That is where Italy played Ukraine at the World Cup, something like that stadium.

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

no duobt they all stayed sitting down for that match.
ACM1899 4 LIFE