Forza Juve

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Forza Juve

Post by Grosso »

CAMPEONES!!

win the double

no thread on this racist forum

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Forza Juve

Post by Juventino »

First ever double double, and domestic treble.

Not bad considering the first 10 matches of the Serie A season.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

After the other clubs had such a head start, they can only blame themselves for not winning the Scudetto.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Euro leagues besides England were all won in a canter by the usual suspects. Clearly the financial gulf continues to grow between the leading clubs and the other 18-19 teams continues to grow. Pretty boring after the first 10 rds in serie A, most interesting was Roma and Napoli battling for second.credit to juve (do hate saying that) for the comeback, but they are dominating everything like PSG in France, time to join the Qatar league??

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

First sentence is true. But this season you had Juve and Napoli neck-and-neck until April. It was only in February that Juventus went to the top of the table. Napoli still had designs on the title until they lost at Udinese, April 3. There was plenty in it until Higuain's brain fade.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Juventino wrote:First sentence is true. But this season you had Juve and Napoli neck-and-neck until April. It was only in February that Juventus went to the top of the table. Napoli still had designs on the title until they lost at Udinese, April 3. There was plenty in it until Higuain's brain fade.

:lol:

I believe you should never touch the referee, even if he is a corrupt prick. The 4 weeks Higuain got for pushing him away was a joke, compared to what "SOME players" get away with every week.
Funnily enough, Allegri entered the field of play to prevent Morata getting booked during the coppa Italia final, and he touched the referee. No case to answer for.
I wont mention the Bonucci incident.
End of the day, FIAT sponsors the AIA, you would expect some favours in return

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Ah, the Bonucci incident where he didn't touch the referee.

And did you really think Higuain wouldn't get more than the usual one game? Once he was shoving people away, had to be restrained and wouldn't leave the field it was obvious he would get more games. I would have thought as high as three, and in the end that is what it turned out to be.

Had to go back and watch that Allegri incident again...it's really not comparable. If it was then many players would be sent off because they touch the referee all the time. Higuain pushed him and then got in his face. And had to be hauled away by players from both teams.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Aaah the typical juventus response re Bonucci incident.... a head but to the refs head is ok because the ref came out and said he didn't touch him lol
(extra $$$$ from the AIA for him)

If you actually watch the higuain incident, the referee advanced towards him with his head, Higuain's reaction was to put his hands up to protect himself. What he did later was the reaction to being red carded.
4 games for that - please.

I'ts all good, Juventus is such a dominating force in Europe, they have won so many European titles since 1996.... oops

end of the day, Juve were the stronger side and much more better depth.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wayne Kerr wrote:Image
:lol: the Calciopoli team

I bet he drives a Maserati :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Wayne Kerr wrote:Aaah the typical juventus response re Bonucci incident.... a head but to the refs head is ok because the ref came out and said he didn't touch him lol
(extra $$$$ from the AIA for him)

If you actually watch the higuain incident, the referee advanced towards him with his head, Higuain's reaction was to put his hands up to protect himself. What he did later was the reaction to being red carded.
4 games for that - please.

I'ts all good, Juventus is such a dominating force in Europe, they have won so many European titles since 1996.... oops

end of the day, Juve were the stronger side and much more better depth.
Bonucci went close, and shouldn't have, but there was no contact. I'm sure in the heat of the moment, a headbutted ref would have only produced a yellow card.

I'd like to see a replay from another angle, but the referee looks to be trying to go around Higuain, not bloody go in to him. Especially as Higuain takes a step to his right. How ridiculous would it be for a referee to even contemplate trying to headbutt a player. And once again, he got four games for his whole scene. And he only got three in the end.

Juventus only have themselves to blame for not winning more in Europe.

Conspiracy talk is always good when it comes to FIGC and/or Lega and Juve. You know, the organisation which relegated the club for something multiple clubs were found to be doing.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I wont argue the final standings as Juve deserved it - they have the money and squad and should do. Napoli and Roma need deeper squads simple as that.

That run will never be repeated. We gained 19 more points than last season which is incredible in itself but I tip my hat to Juve there and their run of form was about as amazing as you will ever see.

But please do not insult my intelligence on the Bonucci incident, particularly as he is one of your favourite players.

Rules for one and not the other. His head was on the referees.

You more often than not can remove your bias but on this occasion I am afraid not.

Its black and white for me (pardon the pun).

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Do you not think he would have been dismissed if it was a headbutt?

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Juventino wrote:Do you not think he would have been dismissed if it was a headbutt?

What should of happened, and what did happen are two different things!

Everyone who is not wearing black/white glasses could see he deserved red!
Who knows if it could have made a difference in deciding the title, maybe not.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:Do you not think he would have been dismissed if it was a headbutt?
So the right decision is always made in sport is it?

Just seems AGAIN they got the rub of the green - a real lack of consistency between the higuain incident and that one

Don't insult my intelligence

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Speaking of the rub of the green, the whole Bonucci incident happened for a penalty decision in which Alex Sandro won the ball! Meters away from the ever so wonderful assistant referees on the line.

And in the same game, Khedira got done for two matches for words directed at the referee, who had no hesitation in sending him off. So if there really was a headbutt I don't see why he would not have sent him off.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

If you want to see rub of the green, just watch the last 4 Turin derbies. Pretty consistent in terms of one team getting the rub of the green every single time.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Russki Claw wrote:If you want to see rub of the green, just watch the last 4 Turin derbies. Pretty consistent in terms of one team getting the rub of the green every single time.

No Never.... Juve don't get favours!

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
So the right decision is always made in sport is it?

Just seems AGAIN they got the rub of the green - a real lack of consistency between the higuain incident and that one

Don't insult my intelligence
I don't wish to get into an argument about favoritism or anything along those lines so I'll try and remove my bias for you here.

You are correct in saying that the correct decision is not always made and this is where I think the problem lies. A decision made in the moment will vary from ref to ref, we have the benefit of hindsight, analyzing the incident on video and multiple angles.

You also said that it is rules for one and not the other, but I believe that this is your bias creeping in a little when you assess the incidents side by side. Not having a go here, but you questioned Juventino's bias and whilst you are probably right, I'd say that you yourself would have a little negative bias toward Juve. Instead of looking at it as refereeing error in judgement that happens every week, you have implied that preferential treatment was applied. I know you will probably slam me for that comment.

For me the issue becomes the variance in the application of the rules by the refs for in game incidents, this to me is an issue of the standard of refs and how they apply the rules, I have seen this across all leagues. I wont comment on either incident as I haven't seen enough of either to weigh in, the only thing I will say regarding the Higuain one, is I think his words after the match, contributed to the lengthy ban.

This isn't directed to you El Pibe but to some of the other comments on here. It is easy to look at two separate incidents (different game, different ref) and draw conclusions of favoritism and bias. But I'm pretty sure that across the length of the season things such as red cards, penalties etc. would even themselves out, I stand to be corrected on that. There have been plenty of incidents in the past where a Juve player has received a harsher punishment to another player from another team for what some would say is a similar incident. It's just when it happens in reverse it is brought to a head because of the stigma associated with Juve.
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

I reckon Juve do pretty well consistently with the refs in Italy, most non-Juve fans would agree with that as it is not 1-2 incidents a year, but numerous examples.

E.g. Copa Italia- Torino vs Juve, Zaza commits two yellow card offences including a clear cut two footed challenge an gets away with it. Molinaro 10 minutes later commits a yellow card offence and gets his second and red, Zaza goes on to score the winner. These types of scenarios seem to favour Juve more often than not, just my observation.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Starting with Molinaro is like playing with 10 anyway :wink:

It's a fair enough statement, and a bigger team will most times get the decision their way. Right or wrong, that's how it is. The question goes from is it a case of psychological slavery, as has been noted for years in Italy, and I'm sure elsewhere, to predetermined outcomes. Which is a big statement to make.

Then you see stuff like, 'well FIAT sponsors this and that'. They did in 2010, but nobody said anything. Guess that was ok? Only now is it an issue.

And as I'm sure would shock everybody around - because just how can it be and it does not suit the narrative - Juventus are not the team to receive the most penalties or concede the fewest over the past x number of years. IIRC, since 2007. That 'honour' goes to Milan.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

I dont buy the Fiat blah blah, more that Juve are the biggest club in Italy and therefore it appears that Refs are intimidated or something to call the decisions against them.

Molinaro, well yeah I take your point, he is not that good. I'm sure with Ventura moving on, some of the deadwood will be going as well )))

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

Russki Claw wrote:I reckon Juve do pretty well consistently with the refs in Italy, most non-Juve fans would agree with that as it is not 1-2 incidents a year, but numerous examples.

E.g. Copa Italia- Torino vs Juve, Zaza commits two yellow card offences including a clear cut two footed challenge an gets away with it. Molinaro 10 minutes later commits a yellow card offence and gets his second and red, Zaza goes on to score the winner. These types of scenarios seem to favour Juve more often than not, just my observation.
Fair enough, you are entitled to make and voice any observations you like.

One or two points, you said most non Juve fans would agree they get more than their fair share of calls. Most of these non-Juve supporters particularly on this forum, would admit to having a negative bias towards Juve. You have to look at the cross section of people who have made comments on this topic and who they support. For whatever reason there are teams across all the major leagues in the world that people love to hate. This only serves to exacerbates things when a decision goes their way, particularly when it is against your team. It happens on a very fundamental level here with AU v Victory.

Which brings me to my next point, the incident you brought forward was a Torino v Juve game. This re-affirms my point that when you assess things you do so with slight bias of your team, everybody is guilty of this, you wouldn't be a supporter if you weren't a little biased.

I have read comments by yourself throughout the year and there has been instances where you have been complained about the quality of the refereeing when Torino has played someone other than Juve. Now you wouldn't go on to say that this team gets favourable calls all the time. One of the reasons being is because they aren't winning and on top of the league, it's because the two don't go hand in hand. I can't recall any calls of favouritism earlier in the year when after nine rounds Juve were sitting mid table. I stand to be corrected on that one.
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Russki Claw wrote:I dont buy the Fiat blah blah, more that Juve are the biggest club in Italy and therefore it appears that Refs are intimidated or something to call the decisions against them.
You'll get that happen, and it's also a case of being a sliding scale.