Results 29/30 April

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results 29/30 April

Post by Rob Lozza »

Saturday Division 1 - Round 4 results (plus Reserves):
Cove 2 Sturt Marion 3 (4-0)
St Peter's OC 1 Stirling District 1 (2-2)
Adelaide Comets 0 BOSA 1 (4-4)
Old Ignatians' 5 Modbury Jets 3 (6-1)
Adelaide University 4 Gleeson 2 (1-1)

Saturday Division 4 - Round 4 results:
Cove 1 Old Ignatians' (2) 0
St Peter's OC 2 Stirling District 1
Old Ignatians' (1) 4 Strathalbyn 0
Adelaide Monarchs ? Hahndorf ?
Adelaide University bye

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone failed to turn up to face the bye, and hence missed out on getting any points this weekend.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Knights v West Beach

First Team 2-2
Reserves Knights 4 v West Beach 1

Starting to get some players back, thought we were unlucky in A's took it to them in the 2nd half

O DIALOS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by O DIALOS »

div 2 sundays

west beach 2 stn knights 2
limnos 3 bosna 1
phe 5 ingle farm 1
fulham 6 pumas 0
macedonia 0 vista 2

only a team results

b team
limnos 2 bosna 1
stn knights 4 west beach 1

O DIALOS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by O DIALOS »

well done to usc lion getting their first points 4 the season beating royal pk 5-0

well done lion keep em cumin

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Some strange results there, Div 2 is completely unpredictable. Who would have thought PHE would thump Ingle Farm after PHE lost to Macedonia last week? And Pumas losing 6-0 to Fulham after beating West Beach away last week.

As for Modbury Vista, a deserved 3 points against a spirited but limited Macedonia side.

Forza Reggina
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Forza Reggina »

gryphons 4 - 3 flinders (0-5 i think?)
gryphons were 3-1 down and played with 10 men for most of the match
great determination

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

O DIALOS wrote:well done to usc lion getting their first points 4 the season beating royal pk 5-0

well done lion keep em cumin
Yeh great win, we pumped them in the first half 4-0 at half time. There first half keeper made some great saves and was strangely substituted at half time. In the 2nd half we were into the wind, we missed a penalty and it could of been more. The win should give us alot of confidence after pushing Inter hard last week and winning this week, things are looking good.

Lions B's 2-0
Lons C's 3-2 Para Hills

All three teams winning.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Just wondering if the RP guys think the comeback is still on.

DYP
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DYP »

Gawler 0
Asteras 3

Should have been at least 6 more goals easy to Asteras, and thats no offence to Gawler because i think they would have known it too, missed too many 1 on 1s, i missed an easy 1 on 1 hahaha!!! but i scored another! :wink:

Asteras started with 9 players, and played 4 B's players also.

Thankyou to the Gawler people who made us (esp me before the game) feel welcome.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Missed the reserves and the 1st half of the A game at Fulham but from what i hear the Res coach was disgusted with the way the game went, they had at least 6 one on ones with the keeper and couldnt finish them off. The 1st team played well but should have scored more from what i seen.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

grove A's 7-2 noarlunga
grove B's 4-1 noarlunga
grove C's 3-4 parafield gardens

Apparantly Chilean beat Brahma 3-2 ?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Dicanio wrote:grove A's 7-2 noarlunga
grove B's 4-1 noarlunga

What are Brahma like we got them in the Cup?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Fulham A's 6-0 over Pumas

Fulham B's 2-2

Fulham C's 2 - Pontian Eagles 4

A's good all round effort.

B's should have won against Pumas but missed a number of chances.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Redders wrote:
grove B's 4-1 noarlunga

Quite well organised, very physical, quick and fit. Not quite up to div 1 standard I wouldn't of thought you should do em.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Dicanio wrote:
Redders wrote:
grove B's 4-1 noarlunga

Quite well organised, very physical, quick and fit. Not quite up to div 1 standard I wouldn't of thought you should do em.
Doesn't look like any Division 4 teams will be progressing into the second round of the cup then. :D

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Any Div One results?

I heard Florina beat Inter 2-1 and
Downs gave their title aspirations a big boost beating Adelaide Villa 1-0.
Last edited by Mr X on Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

The result for us says it all i think. Last week against maco's very average. But this week all the guys turned up ready and firing to play. Farm had a few great chances in the first half, but didn't convert. They weren't really in it in the second half and the east took control. All the team are just happy to sick it up the cocky Farmers who thought they had the title sown up already!!!

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

I would Love to Hear from any PHE Boys how they think they will Go against Vista at their ground coming off a win at Macos? Or any tips from anyone else at all. i think this could be a great game putting the best attacking side against the best defensive side. any opinions?

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Football_lad wrote:I would Love to Hear from any PHE Boys how they think they will Go against Vista at their ground coming off a win at Macos? Or any tips from anyone else at all. i think this could be a great game putting the best attacking side against the best defensive side. any opinions?
Should be a tight game.

Getting a result is not easy at Vista's ground and should be a tight one.

Vista have lifted up another notch with the signing of there new keeper and are twice as strong playing at home on that postage stamp sized ground.

East will find it tough - my prediction 1-1.

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

I havent yet seen PHE play but i think if Vista is able to maintain their strong defence and keep PHE from scoring, Vista might get the win. My Prediction Vista 2 PHE 1

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

bigpond wrote:
Football_lad wrote:I would Love to Hear from any PHE Boys how they think they will Go against Vista at their ground coming off a win at Macos? Or any tips from anyone else at all. i think this could be a great game putting the best attacking side against the best defensive side. any opinions?
Should be a tight game.

Getting a result is not easy at Vista's ground and should be a tight one.

Vista have lifted up another notch with the signing of there new keeper and are twice as strong playing at home on that postage stamp sized ground.

East will find it tough - my prediction 1-1.
Yes our new keeper is certainly a class act. Our pitch is not that small.

slipknot
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by slipknot »

harryhandsome u r a gerbal.what have won every game of soccer in ur life.have u won league after league,and if u have well we will sign u up here at ws torrucuso div 15 champs.the royal park comeback is COMING thats wat she said.its funny how the fulhams,lions,etc bag r.p.s.c when they have gone thru the same cabernet.players leaving,injuries,down in confidence the season isnt finished yet so keep talking crap cos u betta hope it doesnt bite u on ur left testi.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i think easties should pump vista......as long as they turn up to play. Vistas goalkeeper is pretty good, spreads himself pretty well. They do have some tough defenders but east have a pretty strong attack. I dont see what the big deal is about vista at home, we've taken points from them up there....and wats wrong with postage stamps pitches boys, means less running!! My prediction East 3 - Vista 0
Good to see the east bounce back on the weekend and give the farm boys a bit of a reality check and keep the league tight for the chasing teams

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Slipknot, i only asked a question wasnt sure if the game was good bad or what, the fact you have to use name calling as a way of reply really does show your level in life. If you cant comment on something without being abusive dont comment. :wink:

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

slipknot wrote:harryhandsome u r a gerbal.what have won every game of soccer in ur life.have u won league after league,and if u have well we will sign u up here at ws torrucuso div 15 champs.the royal park comeback is COMING thats wat she said.its funny how the fulhams,lions,etc bag r.p.s.c when they have gone thru the same cabernet.players leaving,injuries,down in confidence the season isnt finished yet so keep talking crap cos u betta hope it doesnt bite u on ur left testi.
Who from Lion has bagged Royal Park?

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

PHE VS VISTA

Post by eric the great »

The score against the farm, on the weekend, i was told didn't truly reflect the game. the farm should have been 3-0 up in the first 25 mins and PHE's keeper should have been sent off for handling the ball outside the area. I haven't seen vista played this year and only watched the game between PHE and Maco's. Going by that, it sounds vista's defence might be too good as PHE's goals tend to come from the midfield bybassing the strikers which struggle a bit. anyway going to watch and should see this weekend.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Well Eric you are kind of correct. They should have at least scored more than 1. Maybe 2 or 3. But as i continue to say.... if you cant score you cant win!! East probably had more chances throughout the game anyways.
As for them beating Maco's.... Big Woop!
This Vista keeper, is it Andrew Carmen?? No one has been able to answer this question yet. Mr Avenell road can you confirm this for me?? You are from there.
Vista are always a tough side. I am confident we will win, but how much depends on this keeper and the "Best Defense" i guess. Our Forwards are not being bypasses either. Mick Krollig, our forward, has scored in every game and would be up there in the top goal scores. Just Gaz Aitken and others chipping in every week helps a lot too. Its funny to hear everyone talk about your side isn't it. Everyone was only saying recently that our strikers and wide men need to be shut out, now its the midfield. Does that not tell anyone anything?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

whatever his name is the Vista keeper is the best I have seen this year (even a touch in front of Maco keeper).

Saved 2 goals against us (Fulham) when we played Vista that would have gone past any other keeper in the league.

As for East and other teams it is simple to c that on there day most team in SUN DIV 2 can beat any1 - u have to be on ur game every week.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East Boy wrote: This Vista keeper, is it Andrew Carmen?? No one has been able to answer this question yet. Mr Avenell road can you confirm this for me?? You are from there.
Confirmed.