SAASL board

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

SAASL board

Post by English »

Before I ask these questions and comment I’d like to point out that any views are solely my own and have nothing to do with the club I’m currently involved with.

What’s the process of electing the SAASL board? How does one get a chance to get on this board/make a change?

We are unfortunately seeing more and more issues within SAASL, and I know the bigger clubs wouldn’t experience it as much, but the forfeits, the fighting, playing unregistered players, it’s all amounting to some pretty poor experiences. The worst part is not that it’s happening, but that the league (and the discipline committee) then hand out these piss weak punishments that just allow the people back to do the same thing weeks later.

No one should go out to play football on the weekend and come home to their young family with a cut under their eye, or stud marks down their chest because some hero has taken a swing or a kick during a scuffle.

It’s probably long overdue that there needs to be a change at the top, but how do we go about it getting the right people onto the board?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: SAASL board

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Get a copy of the SAASL constitution

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SAASL board

Post by English »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:50 pm Get a copy of the SAASL constitution
Wouldn’t happen to know if it’s available online? Had a look on the SAASL page and unless it’s buried deep in there I can’t find it in the resources section.