SAASL Scores - Sat July 6 - Sun July 7

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

SAASL Scores - Sat July 6 - Sun July 7

Post by swannsong »

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SAASL Scores - Sat July 6 - Sun July 7

Post by English »

East Adelaide walked off the pitch with 15 mins to go against MU Stars. Anyone know how often they get an official ref?

HappyIron
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HappyIron »

English wrote:East Adelaide walked off the pitch with 15 mins to go against MU Stars. Anyone know how often they get an official ref?
Involved at a Sat Div 4 club and we have had to source our own refs for the first team games more often than not.
There was an official ref when we played MU Stars away but it seemed the poor old bloke was so intimidated by the home team and their support. Needless to say, not many decisions went our way but we battled through regardless and played out the game.
If it was the same ref East Adelaide had up there i can sort of understand why they might have walked off.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

HappyIron wrote:
English wrote:East Adelaide walked off the pitch with 15 mins to go against MU Stars. Anyone know how often they get an official ref?
Involved at a Sat Div 4 club and we have had to source our own refs for the first team games more often than not.
There was an official ref when we played MU Stars away but it seemed the poor old bloke was so intimidated by the home team and their support. Needless to say, not many decisions went our way but we battled through regardless and played out the game.
If it was the same ref East Adelaide had up there i can sort of understand why they might have walked off.
I haven’t been involved in SAASL for a couple of years now, and I understand how the referee stocks were dropping (not enough was done to protect them 5 odd years ago and it resulted in a massive reduction of qualified referees). But as a coach, you can’t order your team off the field due to a perceived biased referee. Record the game, take the evidence to SAASL and let them deal with it. All they’ve done now is lose the game and potentially got more sanctions if SAASL want to make an example of them.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

English wrote:
HappyIron wrote:
I haven’t been involved in SAASL for a couple of years now, and I understand how the referee stocks were dropping (not enough was done to protect them 5 odd years ago and it resulted in a massive reduction of qualified referees). But as a coach, you can’t order your team off the field due to a perceived biased referee. Record the game, take the evidence to SAASL and let them deal with it. All they’ve done now is lose the game and potentially got more sanctions if SAASL want to make an example of them.
I remember you getting sent off for abusing a ref....
ImageImage

HappyIron
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HappyIron »

English wrote:
HappyIron wrote:
Yet I hear East Adelaide get awarded the three points? Then a couple of weeks later when MU Stats play McLaren Districts, MU refuse to start the game on time until an official ref arrived. Decided to start after being advised ref is 30 mins away. They then walk off the ground several times calling the ref a cheat. Refuse an official ref to take over about 30 minutes into the game. Then turn into a pack of ferrals in the 2nd half when losing by kicking and spitting at the opposition. Had one player sent off for assaulting an opponent and probably should have another sent off. They end up getting the 3 points??? Again, the league with no balls to kick this filth out of the comp.