Suspensions

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Suspensions

Post by chunky-monkey »

What's the go with players receiving a 2nd red card for the season and only serving 1 game still? Surely if someone is sent off even for 2 yellow card offenses that should result in a 2 game ban and so on .. ie 3 red cards 3 game suspension.

4-4-2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Suspensions

Post by 4-4-2 »

chunky-monkey wrote:What's the go with players receiving a 2nd red card for the season and only serving 1 game still? Surely if someone is sent off even for 2 yellow card offenses that should result in a 2 game ban and so on .. ie 3 red cards 3 game suspension.
Shouldn't each and every incident be judged on its own merits

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

4-4-2 wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote:What's the go with players receiving a 2nd red card for the season and only serving 1 game still? Surely if someone is sent off even for 2 yellow card offenses that should result in a 2 game ban and so on .. ie 3 red cards 3 game suspension.
I think he's referring to 2nd red in a season should be two games automatically, and then the nature of the incident looked at.. so you get two games for a standard red, but if the second red was to incur multiple games then they would be added on top of
happy to stand corrected though :?:
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Jogonalex wrote:
4-4-2 wrote:
I think he's referring to 2nd red in a season should be two games automatically, and then the nature of the incident looked at.. so you get two games for a standard red, but if the second red was to incur multiple games then they would be added on top of
happy to stand corrected though :?:
Correct yes. Referring to 2nd red in a season. Noticed the same thing last year with players being sent off 3 and 4 times to only serve 1 match each time.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

chunky-monkey wrote: Correct yes. Referring to 2nd red in a season. Noticed the same thing last year with players being sent off 3 and 4 times to only serve 1 match each time.
So are you saying that 4 yellow card offences should be more than 2 straight reds (non violent conduct)... ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

swannsong wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote: Correct yes. Referring to 2nd red in a season. Noticed the same thing last year with players being sent off 3 and 4 times to only serve 1 match each time.
So are you saying that 4 yellow card offences should be more than 2 straight reds (non violent conduct)... ?
If i'm reading the first post correctly, again I think he is referring to two yellows in one game, then 1 game suspension.. if that player gets two more yellows in a game another 1 game suspension + another game as two send offs in that year for a second red card in the same year
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jogonalex wrote:
swannsong wrote:
If i'm reading the first post correctly, again I think he is referring to two yellows in one game, then 1 game suspension.. if that player gets two more yellows in a game another 1 game suspension + another game as two send offs in that year for a second red card in the same year
I understand that the send offs for 2 yellows receive a red card (which is a cumulative card for the 2 yellows) but still in effect, only 4 yellows if it happens twice, yet they get 2 games suspension (effectively for 4 yellows)....seems unfair to me :).
2 straight reds in a season, now that's another kettle of fish !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

So are you saying that 4 yellow card offences should be more than 2 straight reds (non violent conduct)... ?[/quote]
If i'm reading the first post correctly, again I think he is referring to two yellows in one game, then 1 game suspension.. if that player gets two more yellows in a game another 1 game suspension + another game as two send offs in that year for a second red card in the same year[/quote]
I understand that the send offs for 2 yellows receive a red card (which is a cumulative card for the 2 yellows) but still in effect, only 4 yellows if it happens twice, yet they get 2 games suspension (effectively for 4 yellows)....seems unfair to me :).
2 straight reds in a season, now that's another kettle of fish ![/quote]
Fair point.. didn't really think of it that way. Lucky I'm too slow these days to even get a tackle in :lol: :lol: :lol: so no yellows :lol:
-- Bill Shankly --