Over 35s competition for 2018

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Artful Dodger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Over 35s competition for 2018

Post by Artful Dodger »

I am looking to play over 35s soccer next year. I live in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. I haven't kicked a ball in anger for 20 years, so a "not so" competitive situation for me would be ideal. Can anyone suggest clubs that may need "old Players" for 2019. My son plays with the Para Hills West club as a junior and I know they have an over 35s team. I have watched them and they seem to take it seriously and their skill level is alot better than mine. My work may interfere so at this stage I am only inquiring. :D

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Over 35s competition for 2018

Post by Bodø »

Not many O35's clubs in the northern suburbs. :P
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

Artful Dodger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Artful Dodger »

Thats is 2019!!!

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Artful Dodger wrote:I am looking to play over 35s soccer next year. I live in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. I haven't kicked a ball in anger for 20 years, so a "not so" competitive situation for me would be ideal. Can anyone suggest clubs that may need "old Players" for 2019. My son plays with the Para Hills West club as a junior and I know they have an over 35s team. I have watched them and they seem to take it seriously and their skill level is alot better than mine. My work may interfere so at this stage I am only inquiring. :D
Mate I can tell you we don't take it too serious (PHW) as its a kick in the morning and a few beers in the arvo watching the A's. I'm still making the team so anyone can :lol: :lol: :lol:
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Artful Dodger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Artful Dodger »

So, I take it games are on Sunday. Are there practice sessions during the week etc. Para Hills West would be great ( if guys don't take it too seriously ). I live within walking distance of the club itself. Thanks very much for the information. Cheers! When would the season start again? Can you put me in touch with someone that can give me details?. I guess I can make a few inquiries myself.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Artful Dodger wrote:So, I take it games are on Sunday. Are there practice sessions during the week etc. Para Hills West would be great ( if guys don't take it too seriously ). I live within walking distance of the club itself. Thanks very much for the information. Cheers! When would the season start again? Can you put me in touch with someone that can give me details?. I guess I can make a few inquiries myself.
The only thing that is taken seriously is.. taking the piss out of each other :lol: :lol:
kick off usually 11:30 Sunday mornings, training sessions :lol: :lol: :lol: nah no trainings but a couple of the boys train at the bar :wink:, season starts around April from memory and a coach is to be decided - when you see the A's train on a Thursday night in the new year pop in for a beer!
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --