Matches with no official refs

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Matches with no official refs

Post by Cadenza »

What's the point of having matches with no official refs. It's too open to abuse / intimidation..

If there's not enough refs for lower divisions then they should just scrap the lower divisions, makes a mockery of having "fair" matches..

Executive Member
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Matches with no official refs

Post by Executive Member »

Cadenza wrote:What's the point of having matches with no official refs. It's too open to abuse / intimidation..

If there's not enough refs for lower divisions then they should just scrap the lower divisions, makes a mockery of having "fair" matches..
You said it right there. The abuse/intimidation is why there is not enough refs.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

whats the ruling in the following situation....

its a first team game.....no ref turns up.....both teams agree for a unofficial to ref....game commences (team sheets are filled in (correctly :roll: ) and submitted to the unofficial ref.

for whatever reason and regardless of the score, a teams chooses not to continue...

outcome???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

MegaBonus wrote:whats the ruling in the following situation....

its a first team game.....no ref turns up.....both teams agree for a unofficial to ref....game commences (team sheets are filled in (correctly :roll: ) and submitted to the unofficial ref.

for whatever reason and regardless of the score, a teams chooses not to continue...

outcome???
I would suggest the team that decided not to continue would forfeit
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Cadenza wrote:What's the point of having matches with no official refs. It's too open to abuse / intimidation..

At the end of the day, most of us play for fun. There are some teams who are known to have a home referee who cheats etc, however I can't remember any of the well known teams winning anything

We can get carried away with the official nature of everything, I'd rather play and lose, than not play due to there being no referee, even if one or two decisions are a bit biased
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Knight15 wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:whats the ruling in the following situation....

outcome???
I would suggest the team that decided not to continue would forfeit
I could be wrong (and happy to stand corrected) but I thought that technically a first team must have an official ref to start, no ref no game??? even if someone puts their hand up and both sides agree, no ref no game.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

If there is no senior ref ( A grade ) game is not to be played