Sunday Premier Round 14 Write Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ossie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Sunday Premier Round 14 Write Up

Post by Ossie »

GOALS in each half have helped Ingle Farm to a 2-0 win over Para Hills West at Walkleys Oval.

Farm came into the game looking to build on a four-game winning run while Westies were looking for some form after losing four of their last five in the league.

Farm opened the game strongly and were ahead on 13 minutes when Jamie Quinn slid a pass to Stefan Barletta who slotted the goal under the diving keeper David Brook.

On 20 minutes Quinn could have doubled the lead when he scuffed a shot wide from a tight angle.

Westies worked their way into the game with the likes of Tom Foglia looking dangerous but rarely did they threaten the Farm goal.

After the break Farm increased their lead when Barletta turned provider with a cross which found Quinn who coolly slotted his chance.

Farm has the best defensive record in the league having conceded only 13 goals in 13 games but to Westies credit they continued to push and on 70 minutes a goal bound Foglia effort was deflected wide.

Liam Mulvaney should have made it three for the home team as he blasted over from close range but Farm remain four points ahead at the top with four league games remaining.

Para Hills West coach Michael Iacovino had no complaints “The best team won. We huffed and puffed but they are top for a reason and good luck to them.”

ELIZABETH Downs remain within four points off the league leading Ingle Farm after a 3-0 win over bottom of the table Salisbury Florina at Underdown Park.

The Maroons travelled to Florina looking to build on a six game winning streak while Florina were hoping to end a five game losing run of their own.

To Florina’s credit they were well organised in the opening half and went to the break locked at 0-0.

Five minutes after the break the visitors were in front when a ball into the box was headed by Tommy Blackett into the path of Billy Allotey who bundled the ball home.

The lead was doubled on the hour when a through ball from Scott Lindsay found Allotey who laid the ball off to Blackett who finished well with his left foot.

The win was rounded off on 85 minutes when a Brayden Gundlach cross was neatly finished by Sean Brennan.

Downs coach Steve Hughes “Florina defended well and were hard to break down. After such a good win last week it was important to get the win today which we have done.”

BRAHMA Lodge recovered from a goal down to defeat Parafield Gardens 6-1 at Cockburn Green.

The home team were looking to bounce back after 3-1 loss to Elizabeth Downs while Gardens were trying to get back on the winners list after successive losses.

Gardens took a lead through Alban Martini before Aleks Simic evened the ledger when he poked the ball home after a goal mouth scramble.

Brahma went to the break leading 2-1 through a Chad Bugeja goal where he snapped home from a cross.

The 2nd half was one-way traffic as Gardens were reduced to 10 men with Bugeja and Michael Mullen amongst the goal scorers.

Brahma Coach Fred Agius “I was delighted after last week’s disappointment. The boys really dug in and we controlled the game in the 2nd half.”

AN undermanned Elizabeth Vale secured a vital three points with a 1-0 win over Salisbury Inter at Moflin Road.

The Vale came into the game on a good run of form which has seen them lose only once in their last five games while Inter were looking to build on their round 13 win which ended a five game losing run.

Inter dominated the first half but failed to hit the scoresheet and they were made to pay.

The decisive goal came on the hour when a Bryn Fairman shot was well saved by Inter keeper Josh Foreshaw but Thierry Hatungimana reacted first to fire the rebound home.

The win moves the 7th placed Vale, seven points clear of the drop zone and only two points behind the 4th placed Para Hills West.

Vale coach Tim Crawford “It was a really gutsy win with a depleted side. Our young lads dug in and after a difficult 1st half they found a way to win. I’m really proud of them.”

Inter coach Steve Cook “We had opportunities in the 1st half that we didn’t take and we were made to pay.”

TEA Tree Gully have moved out of the drop zone after a courageous 1-0 win over Para Hills East at Para Hills Oval.

Both teams came into the game knowing its importance with the 8th placed East only one point ahead of the 9th placed Gully.

Gully were looking to build on a shock win over Parafield Gardens in round 13 and on 10 minutes they had what would prove the decisive goal.

Emmanuel Akakpo carved out an opportunity on the right hand side and when his shot was saved it fell to Cameron Box who slotted the goal.

An under manned Gully then had to endure a steady flow of East pressure but held on to collect the three points and swap places with East who are now in the drop zone.

Gully coach Mat Flounders “East put us under the pump but with five players out from last week through suspension and injury I was proud of how the boys ground out the win.”

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday Premier Round 14 Write Up

Post by churchill »

disappointed with the referee standard again in the PHE v TTG - he must had issued about 10 - 12 yellow cards and missed a penalty when PHE player was fouled in the penalty box in the 2nd half - makes the game so frustrating …………………………….

Onefortheroad
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Onefortheroad »

I agree the refereeing was very disappointing, however I am not sure what game you were watching but your player should have been booked for diving & you were lucky to have had 11 players on the pitch after some of your teams dirty fouls behind the play discussing Tactics I hope you are proud of them

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Onefortheroad wrote:I agree the refereeing was very disappointing, however I am not sure what game you were watching but your player should have been booked for diving & you were lucky to have had 11 players on the pitch after some of your teams dirty fouls behind the play discussing Tactics I hope you are proud of them
The player did not dive he was tripped inside the box he is a fair player and would not resort to those tactics. There were some bad tackles but there were on both sides and the ground conditions didn't help matters re playing football.

Onefortheroad
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Onefortheroad »

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Onefortheroad wrote:I guess we have to agree to disagree.
Im sorry but if that player tells me he was clipped or tripped inside the penalty box then I will have to believe him and he is even well known to some of the TTG players that can vouch for his honesty and integrity.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Gardens reduced to 10 men.. who got sent off??
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

haywood djablowme wrote:Gardens reduced to 10 men.. who got sent off??
No...he was on first base :)
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

Who do Reckon ? Alban :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

moonshine3 wrote:Who do Reckon ? Alban :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Could have been Scooter? oh wait no, he was serving his one match ban for his third red card of the season :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

fowler_23 wrote:
Could have been Scooter? oh wait no, he was serving his one match ban for his third red card of the season :roll: :roll: :roll:
I recall a couple of years ago a lad from vista being sent off numerous times and each time the suspension went up by a week. Even if it was just for receiving 2 yellows.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

chunky-monkey wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:
I recall a couple of years ago a lad from vista being sent off numerous times and each time the suspension went up by a week. Even if it was just for receiving 2 yellows.
You would have thought that would be the case.. but apparently not anymore
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

Can't have been a send off.... no player listed for a red card from that game! Well not at this stage anyway and other games Reds have been posted.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Tim C wrote:
Can't have been a send off.... no player listed for a red card from that game! Well not at this stage anyway and other games Reds have been posted.
Has Alban on the official results website

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

chunky-monkey wrote:
Tim C wrote:
Has Alban on the official results website
Yeah I can see that on the Game results page but its not recorded on the Tribunal Page showing reported suspension.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !