Multiple red cards in one season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Multiple red cards in one season

Post by fowler_23 »

Does anyone know if there is a rule relating to suspensions served if multiple red cards are received in the same season? ie 1 RC = 1 game suspension, 2 RC's = 2 game suspension etc. etc.
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Multiple red cards in one season

Post by God is an Englishman »

fowler_23 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a rule relating to suspensions served if multiple red cards are received in the same season? ie 1 RC = 1 game suspension, 2 RC's = 2 game suspension etc. etc.
I believe it's an extra game (on top of the mandatory) for a second red card. So, if it was 2 Yellows - you would get 2 games, instead of 1.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

yeah i always thought subsequent red cards would be met with additional suspensions accordingly. so 2 red cards in a season would become a 2 game suspension rather than 1.
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fowler_23 wrote:yeah i always thought subsequent red cards would be met with additional suspensions accordingly. so 2 red cards in a season would become a 2 game suspension rather than 1.
I'm not definite, I've never been caught twice in a season. (well not when the ref has put them in anyway :D )

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

yeah ive not ever had a player have more than one in a season either.. it has got me intrigued thats all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fowler_23 wrote:yeah ive not ever had a player have more than one in a season either.. it has got me intrigued thats all

I've had 2 in 2 weeks :lol:

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:yeah ive not ever had a player have more than one in a season either.. it has got me intrigued thats all

Serves yourself right! should have been suspended after the first one hahaha

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Another example of a player receiving his 3rd red card of the season on the weekend but only getting a one game suspension. seems very odd

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

fowler_23 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Serves yourself right! should have been suspended after the first one hahaha
Maybe the ref realised he was wrong and corrected his mistake.

Maybe I was suspended for it.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

fowler_23 wrote:Another example of a player receiving his 3rd red card of the season on the weekend but only getting a one game suspension. seems very odd
You can get a red for 2 yellows (1 game suspension), if that happened 3 times (3 double yellows...6 in total) you would be sent off 3 times and serve at least 3 games suspension.
However if you received 6 yellows in 6 separate games you would only get 1 game suspension....seems a bit unfair in some ways....two different outcomes for the same number of cards.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

swannsong wrote:
fowler_23 wrote:Another example of a player receiving his 3rd red card of the season on the weekend but only getting a one game suspension. seems very odd
You can get a red for 2 yellows (1 game suspension), if that happened 3 times (3 double yellows...6 in total) you would be sent off 3 times and serve at least 3 games suspension.
However if you received 6 yellows in 6 separate games you would only get 1 game suspension....seems a bit unfair in some ways....two different outcomes for the same number of cards.
No you wouldnt swanny, thats the point. 3 red cards = 1 game suspension this season it would seem!

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

The system is an absolute Joke.
Repeat offenders get minimum suspension constantly and yet 1st time red card in over 20 years of playing gets 8 weeks for a bullsh$t referee report that wasn't even listed on team sheet and at appeal was noted that report was incorrectly missed off team sheet and was an over-reaction to what took place.
There are at least 4/5 players this year alone who have received 3 red cards and yet only served a max of 4/5 games suspension and 1 or 2 have only served the min 3 games. Doesn't make sense to me.

The SAASL needs to overview there procedures and also make sure there are no conflicts of interest taken into account for any player / club.

If the foul is there and report done correctly with notification i don't have an issue but when its so inconsistent it makes it hard to accept.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Tim C wrote:The system is an absolute Joke.
Repeat offenders get minimum suspension constantly and yet 1st time red card in over 20 years of playing gets 8 weeks for a bullsh$t referee report that wasn't even listed on team sheet and at appeal was noted that report was incorrectly missed off team sheet and was an over-reaction to what took place.
There are at least 4/5 players this year alone who have received 3 red cards and yet only served a max of 4/5 games suspension and 1 or 2 have only served the min 3 games. Doesn't make sense to me.

The SAASL needs to overview there procedures and also make sure there are no conflicts of interest taken into account for any player / club.

If the foul is there and report done correctly with notification i don't have an issue but when its so inconsistent it makes it hard to accept.
So, what did you do to get 8 weeks?

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

:shock: :oops:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

fowler_23 wrote:
swannsong wrote:
No you wouldnt swanny, thats the point. 3 red cards = 1 game suspension this season it would seem!
Red card is automatic 1 game then any extra for severity of report...
Surely if someone had received 3 Red cards they would have missed the following 3 games at least.
Were they 3 straight reds ?

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

Depends who it is mate :)
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

sirstevieg wrote:Depends who it is mate :)
??

Dallas Crane
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dallas Crane »

Wtf's going on.
1st red 1 game minimum
2nd red 2 game minimum
And so on, this is the way it's always been. Surely this hasn't changed, softening the punishment for repeat red card offenders??
Can someone from the league clarify this?
Is this the new rule going forward?
"We all play better after a few beers"
-Jeff Thompson.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Couldn't agree more - recently suffered the same injustice where someone got 4 weeks for I still don't know what and appears to have been punished because of the abuse he was copping from the crowd. Person sent off hadn't even received a yellow all season.