Sunday Premier Round 11 Write Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ossie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Sunday Premier Round 11 Write Up

Post by Ossie »

A CHAD Bugeja double has helped Brahma Lodge to a 3-1 win over Para Hills West at Manor Farm Ground.

Brahma came into the game in 3rd spot trailing the league leading Ingle Farm by five points while the 5th placed Para Hills West were looking for a response after a 5-0 loss to Parafield Gardens in round 10.

The travelling Brahma opened the scoring on 10 minutes when Bugeja played a neat one two pass before coolly taking his chance.

The lead was doubled on 20 minutes through the ever-dangerous Robbie McDonald but unlike last week Westies responded when some good build up play on the right-hand side finished with a cut back to Lewis Marzocca who finished neatly.

15 Minutes after the break Brahma extended their lead when some quality build up play again finished with Bugeja who again steadied before picking his spot.

Brahma coach Fred Agius was pleased with the result “I felt we controlled most of the game although Westies certainly pushed us hard.”
Westies coach Michael Iacovino “I was happy with the response from the boys after last week. Brahma are a quality team that I felt we matched for large parts of the game. They just had a little more polish.”

TWO first half Stefan Barletta goals proved the difference as Ingle Farm defeated a depleted Elizabeth Vale 2-0 at Walkleys Park.

Farm came into the game with a four-point buffer at the top of the table but faced a Vale outfit who had won their last two games.

The opening goal came on 26 minutes when a superb Caylan Tyson cross found Barletta who didn’t break stride before slotting the goal.
12 minutes later the lead was doubled with a carbon copy goal which saw Barletta getting on the end of another ball before steadying and firing home.

Farm coach Paul Simpson paid tribute to the Vale “The Vale were depleted today with a number of players out but it was a typical fighting performance. I’m extremely happy because the Vale beat us three times last season so it’s an important win.”

ELIZABETH Downs remain in 2nd spot on the table after a solid 4-1 win over Tea Tree Gully at Tilley Reserve.

The Maroons travelled to Tea Tree Gully looking for a 4th successive win while Gully were looking to bounce back after a 4-0 loss to Elizabeth Vale.

Downs wasted no time hitting the back of the net when on three minutes Billy Allotey cut the ball back from the right-hand side finding Mat Watson who slotted the ball home.

It was 2-0 on 15 minutes when Brayden Gundlach picked the ball up on the right-hand side before cutting in and crossing a ball that alluded everyone and rolled into the far corner. Gully were back in the game with a goal on the half time whistle to make it 2-1.

One minutes after the break the visitors regained their two-goal lead when Sean Brennan scored the goal of the day with a fine long distance curling left footer.
Allotey sealed the win when he got on the end of a through ball before slotting his chance.

Downs coach Steve Hughes “We weren’t at our best today but it was good to keep our winning run going.”

PARAFIELD Gardens secured their first away win of the campaign with a 2-0 win over Salisbury Inter at Underdown Park.

Inter came into the game looking to arrest a three game losing run while Parafield were looking to build on a superb display against Para Hills West in round 10.

Alban Martini scored all five goals for Gardens in round 10 and he wasted no time getting on the score sheet when on three minutes he got on the end of a Declan Williams cross to slide the ball home.

After the break Inter lifted and Gardens were reduced to 10 men but on 75 minutes the lead was doubled when Inter keeper Josh Foreshaw had an attempted clearance charged down by Martini who then walked the ball into the net for his 7th goal in seven days.
Gardens were soon reduced to nine men but held on for their first away win as Inter slumped to a 4th loss in a row.

Gardens coach John McCormack “It was a good result to beat Inter at home.”

PARA Hills East are out of the bottom two after a crucial come from behind 2-1 win over Salisbury Florina at Para Hills Oval.

The 8th placed Florina were looking for their first win on the road having taken only one point from five away games while the bottom placed East were looking to leap frog Florina with a win.

An undermanned Florina took a 25th minute lead when a through ball found Kale Whicker who made no mistake.

East equalised just before the break with a cracking goal from Michael Whitford who volleyed low and hard into the net.

With five minutes left on the clock a goal mouth scramble finished with Jarryd McLaughlin who tapped the ball home at the back post to send the home fans wild as Easties jump to 8th on the table and Florina slide to 9th.

East coach Alan O’Donnell “It’s nice to get out of the bottom 2 and we look forward to meeting the Vale in a couple of weeks.”

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday Premier Round 11 Write Up

Post by churchill »

Re the PHE v Salisbury Florina - the winner was scored with 15 mins to go ( not 5 mins) and the SF goalie made some great saves to deny PHE further goals especially in the 2nd half.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

A bit perplexed yesterday Gully played on bottom pitch robb8ng them of valuable booze money income... The old goats I was with definitely slowed down because they could be stuffed walking up the hill wasting a few minutes to grab a few coldies....Pitch was good though....mmmmm was told they play on it to suit their style of play... didnt know relegation had a style......boom......
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

OMG
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by OMG »

Looks like Vale, Para Hills East, Florina and TTG will be fighting each other so they do not face relegation this year and with 3 points covering the group there will be a bit of pressure to win and reliance on the other teams crumbling. The last 2 games of the season could be interesting with Florin playing TTG & the Vale

What has happened to Florina this year that has them "under manned" for this game?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

legga wrote:A bit perplexed yesterday Gully played on bottom pitch robb8ng them of valuable booze money income... The old goats I was with definitely slowed down because they could be stuffed walking up the hill wasting a few minutes to grab a few coldies....Pitch was good though....mmmmm was told they play on it to suit their style of play... didnt know relegation had a style......boom......
:lol: who is the tactical mastermind that coaches gully?
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

wouldent it be nice to get the amateur league ladders on the net. they have a website they don't seem to be using. any idea why. :?:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

THE ORAKLE wrote:wouldent it be nice to get the amateur league ladders on the net. they have a website they don't seem to be using. any idea why. :?:
They do have it on the net and have so since round1

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

C U Next Wednesday wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:wouldent it be nice to get the amateur league ladders on the net. they have a website they don't seem to be using. any idea why. :?:
so how do I type it in please. I confess I'm not that good with computers.

htfac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by htfac »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... ssoc=11938

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
or the english language

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

legga wrote:A bit perplexed yesterday Gully played on bottom pitch robb8ng them of valuable booze money income... The old goats I was with definitely slowed down because they could be stuffed walking up the hill wasting a few minutes to grab a few coldies....Pitch was good though....mmmmm was told they play on it to suit their style of play... didnt know relegation had a style......boom......
To further add to this Gully had a very young side in the reserves and A's so I can see what they are trying to do and their A's had some positive and good moments during the game so all the best to them in the future, we need to keeps these clubs in div 1 so I don't have to travel past gepps cross.. :wink: :wink: :wink:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

legga wrote:
To further add to this Gully had a very young side in the reserves and A's so I can see what they are trying to do and their A's had some positive and good moments during the game so all the best to them in the future, we need to keeps these clubs in div 1 so I don't have to travel past gepps cross.. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Just a rumour, but I hear some clubs past Gepps Cross don't have hilly grounds, making it rather easy for old goats to buy the odd frothy. Swings and roundabouts as they say. :)
Ignore this signature