Modbury Vista

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Modbury Vista

Post by God is an Englishman »

Mr Red wrote:Figure of speech - you must have some inside knowledge :?:
MODBURY Vista Soccer Club could be moved from its Wynn Vale base following reports Tea Tree Gully Council has fielded a multimillion-dollar bid for land at Richardson Reserve from European supermarket giant Kaufland

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:
MODBURY Vista Soccer Club could be moved from its Wynn Vale base following reports Tea Tree Gully Council has fielded a multimillion-dollar bid for land at Richardson Reserve from European supermarket giant Kaufland
Ah ok doh - never heard of Kaufland - it would help if I read things closer rather than scanning over things :roll: :arrow: :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:
Ah ok doh - never heard of Kaufland - it would help if I read things closer rather than scanning over things :roll: :arrow: :)
Neither have I. A little dicky bird though did tell me it was a german supermarket who wasn't Aldi.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:[
quote]

Neither have I. A little dicky bird though did tell me it was a german supermarket who wasn't Aldi.
The old dicky bird does come in handy sometimes :) it also helps if I don't try and do multiple things at the same time. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:It might be more a case of developing a culture first - get some players with heart and soul and if Ryan can nurture that, then slowly other players will be attracted to the club.
The club needs to cut some slack and allow time to develop this and then progression will become natural.
Work hard with the kids, give them a chance and have a 3-5 year plan.
Big job, but Moggy can do it.
Insert picture of very good looking bloke with a shaved head standing and applauding.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:
Old Redback wrote:Steady and strong development at junior level but seniors at both fed and amateur is not really pulling up trees.

Good luck to Mogg - he’s got a big job on his hands there with limited resources - not the players fault but very difficult when there are no funds to attract and maintain some talent to back up the young learning players they do/did have.
It might be more a case of developing a culture first - get some players with heart and soul and if Ryan can nurture that, then slowly other players will be attracted to the club.
The club needs to cut some slack and allow time to develop this and then progression will become natural.
Work hard with the kids, give them a chance and have a 3-5 year plan.
Big job, but Moggy can do it.
Obviously there have been cultural issues with their amateurs (evidenced by the big walkout).

It's a good opportunity for Ryan to show he can build a club after getting a reputation as a chequebook coach at Brahma Lodge.

Would be an interesting challenge for any coach that just proved too much hard work for the guys that have been there so far.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:
Obviously there have been cultural issues with their amateurs (evidenced by the big walkout).

It's a good opportunity for Ryan to show he can build a club after getting a reputation as a chequebook coach at Brahma Lodge.

Would be an interesting challenge for any coach that just proved too much hard work for the guys that have been there so far.
I guess "chequebook coach" is fair. Well as long as you take away his time at Para Hills East, and Modbury Jets, oh and his time coaching juniors, oh and the FFSA coaching he's done as well.

Yeah, aside from that - chequebook coach is fair.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Brian the Postman wrote:

I guess "chequebook coach" is fair. Well as long as you take away his time at Para Hills East, and Modbury Jets, oh and his time coaching juniors, oh and the FFSA coaching he's done as well.

Yeah, aside from that - chequebook coach is fair.
Wasn't there issues at the end of the Easties gig as well? It soured at the end of the Brahma gig also. Has had a tuff time of late keeping clubs together so will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

why dont ya marry him GIAE
HAIL HAIL

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:why dont ya marry him GIAE
If he wasn't already married he might have had a chance especially now gay marriage is allowed.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Thanks for all the well wishes and support, I’m really looking forward to the new role and being a part of the club moving forward.

There are always those people in life and football who will look to bring you and others down but for me all I can say is I look back on all the clubs I’ve been involved fondly with great memories and relationships I’ve made at them clubs.

I would appreciate no further posts be it negative or positive as it's my name being bandied around here but if it is so be it but just think how you'd feel if it was your name.

Cheers,
Ryan

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

People are entitled to express their opinion and as such that last comment may well see more people express theirs!

For what it’s worth I hope you do well as those lads there deserve more, there was the start of a great group and culture there last year and it is a shame that it looks like there is another start from scratch and I hope the club learns from its experiences and mistakes.

Good luck.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Old Redback wrote:People are entitled to express their opinion and as such that last comment may well see more people express theirs!

For what it’s worth I hope you do well as those lads there deserve more, there was the start of a great group and culture there last year and it is a shame that it looks like there is another start from scratch and I hope the club learns from its experiences and mistakes.

Good luck.
Wonder if Moggy has any opinion's on current coaching roles/movements???
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Jogonalex wrote:
Old Redback wrote:People are entitled to express their opinion and as such that last comment may well see more people express theirs!

Good luck.
In regards to the coaching change at Brahma this week

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

bloodypassit wrote:
Jogonalex wrote:

Good luck.
Do tell
Ignore this signature

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

bloodypassit wrote:
Jogonalex wrote:

Good luck.
What is the go here ?
I believe their has been a bit of unrest around the coach and some of his "erratic behaviour" earlier this season..
Has there been a change ?

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

Jogonalex wrote:Wonder if Moggy has any opinion's on current coaching roles/movements???
It's safe to say he won't be airing it here.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Noodles wrote:
Jogonalex wrote:Wonder if Moggy has any opinion's on current coaching roles/movements???
It's safe to say he won't be airing it here.
It was a rhetorical question.
-- Bill Shankly --

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

You're entitled to my opinion, whether your asked for it or not sweetcheeks.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Noodles wrote:You're entitled to my opinion, whether your asked for it or not sweetcheeks.
Awesome!
-- Bill Shankly --

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

Yes I am.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Noodles wrote:Yes I am.
It's without question!!
-- Bill Shankly --

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

So we are understood.

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

Some resistance to this proposal I'm hearing.

May get some air time on Today Tonight.

Shrinking backyards and open spaces being turned into concrete jungles by developers!

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Noodles wrote:So we are understood.
100% you're a noodle
-- Bill Shankly --

adjeoven
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by adjeoven »

With construction of two synthetic pitches expected to be completed by next May and three-story facility clubrooms to be completed by 2020. Will Vista overtake jets?

Barnesy Wore 10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barnesy Wore 10 »

I am sure that is the aim of Vista at a committee level, however with construction pending over the next 2 to 3 years there is still a long road to travel.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

adjeoven wrote:With construction of two synthetic pitches expected to be completed by next May and three-story facility clubrooms to be completed by 2020. Will Vista overtake jets?
In what regards, because in some they’re already ahead of them.

Barnesy Wore 10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barnesy Wore 10 »

New Head coach for the Amateur Boys announced today. Hopefully a speedy return out of Div 3 to come.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

You’d have to wonder why they’re still bothering with amateurs...