Sunday results 6/5

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sunday results 6/5

Post by No kidding »

Gardens 3 - Gullies 1
Gardens down to 10 men after 30 minutes with another very soft red.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday results 6/5

Post by legga »

Brahma v Downs (a's) - 3 all.....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Ingle Farm 1 Para Hills East 0 - Another sensational goal by Musti this time a bicycle kick.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Ghan Kilburn ( 2 ) Southern Knights ( 1 )
Reserves
Ghan Kilburn ( 3 ) Southern Knights ( 2 )
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

legga wrote:Brahma v Downs (a's) - 3 all.....
Entertaining game, good atmosphere, good to see a striker, Mick Mullen choose to stay on his feet & score after being kicked in the penalty area, easy option would have been to hit the deck, but respect for staying up, glad it resulted in a goal for him.

Artful Dodger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Artful Dodger »

Eliz Vale 3, Para Hills West 3

doritos1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by doritos1 »

Brahma lodge vs the downs was an excellent game. Two of the best teams the league has seen. Mullen was brilliant for brahma, he set the second half on fire. In my eyes too good for the level he’s playing at! Also billy for downs earned his team the draw as a Super sub. Won’t be missing this fixture again

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

West Adelaide Raptors Vs Munno Para did not kick off, referee didnt turn up. Apparently injured himself at the BOSA game on Saturday and no replacement turned up. Very disappointing for the Munno Para people to travel that far and no game to be played

WA 2
MP 3 in the ressies

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

doritos1 wrote:Brahma lodge vs the downs was an excellent game. Two of the best teams the league has seen. Mullen was brilliant for brahma, he set the second half on fire. In my eyes too good for the level he’s playing at! Also billy for downs earned his team the draw as a Super sub. Won’t be missing this fixture again
Mullen’s outside of the boot shot from off the pitch over the gk into the far top corner was worth turning up for, ok play was dead but that was quality!!

Tubs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tubs »

doritos1 wrote:Brahma lodge vs the downs was an excellent game. Two of the best teams the league has seen. Mullen was brilliant for brahma, he set the second half on fire. In my eyes too good for the level he’s playing at! Also billy for downs earned his team the draw as a Super sub. Won’t be missing this fixture again
Any idea why the Downs lad was sent off near the end?

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

Punched another player, (His words)

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

I bet Vista are regretting the way they treated previous players. 4 straight loses. Not looking good.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

chunky-monkey wrote:I bet Vista are regretting the way they treated previous players. 4 straight loses. Not looking good.
It was always going to be a struggle once they lost most of their players from last year and a change of coach as well. The club needs to decide whether they really want to continue in the amateur league as its getting too difficult to maintain teams in the amateur league and the state league.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

churchill wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote:I bet Vista are regretting the way they treated previous players. 4 straight loses. Not looking good.
It was always going to be a struggle once they lost most of their players from last year and a change of coach as well. The club needs to decide whether they really want to continue in the amateur league as its getting too difficult to maintain teams in the amateur league and the state league.
When a Club regards a team that has been competitive in the SAASL for 40+ years as a 'burden' or 'inconvenience' you can understand why there might be an issue.
Good to see the likes of Carman and Shaksi still trying their best....

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

swannsong wrote:
churchill wrote:
When a Club regards a team that has been competitive in the SAASL for 40+ years as a 'burden' or 'inconvenience' you can understand why there might be an issue.
I think in difficult moments like this you see the character of real club people come out.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Brian the Postman wrote: I think in difficult moments like this you see the character of real club people come out.
Very true. Better to lose people that walk away because it all gets too hard for them.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

swannsong wrote:
churchill wrote:
Who has said that?

Testing times for both amateurs and federation sides at the moment. Feds Reserves on to their 3rd coach for the season and A's just named new coaches as well.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

swannsong wrote:
churchill wrote:
why can't they have both FFSA and SAASL. It was always going to be difficult to maintain high standards but it appears they have only lost an over 35 team from their numbers. Its a big club with solid numbers through all areas. Their SAASL will have success, its a time thing. They just need to keep plugging away.
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:
swannsong wrote:
churchill wrote: It was always going to be a struggle once they lost most of their players from last year and a change of coach as well. The club needs to decide whether they really want to continue in the amateur league as its getting too difficult to maintain teams in the amateur league and the state league.
Who has said that?

Testing times for both amateurs and federation sides at the moment. Feds Reserves on to their 3rd coach for the season and A's just named new coaches as well.
Just based on the previous comment !

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Brian the Postman wrote: I think in difficult moments like this you see the character of real club people come out.
Very true. Better to lose people that walk away because it all gets too hard for them.

When most of the players walk out of a club dont you think there are underlying problems at a club or is it all the players fault because it all too hard for them - please be realistic ??

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

churchill wrote:

When most of the players walk out of a club dont you think there are underlying problems at a club or is it all the players fault because it all too hard for them - please be realistic ??
At the end of the day they have walked, if they were true club men they would have stayed and made the best of the situation or alternately would have worked for positive change.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

churchill wrote:

Obviously there were some issues but you also have to admit that if they were committed to the club then they wouldn't have walked away and instead been part of fixing the problem.

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

When most of the players walk out of a club dont you think there are underlying problems at a club or is it all the players fault because it all too hard for them - please be realistic ??[/quote]

At the end of the day they have walked, if they were true club men they would have stayed and made the best of the situation or alternately would have worked for positive change.[/quote]

Get your head out of the sand Brian.
There were issues mounting for some time and nobody from club land desired to fix.
Most of the guys had been long term loyal players.
At some point in time there is a tipping point and it arrived.
I hope the club can sort itself out as there needs to be a pathway of some quality for all the good kids they have there but the reality is that the seniors will remain well down the pecking order so long as the juniors keep pouring in the dough through sheer numbers.
Just a side note... Have you seen the state of the main pitch already without much rain at all. Looks green from afar but it is a goat track.
Have a look at the quality of the senior pitches that are played on in Div 1 and 2.

Sad.. As has previously been mentioned the club has been competitive in the Amateur comp for a long time !!

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

No kidding wrote:

There were issues mounting for some time and nobody from club land desired to fix.
I hope the club can sort itself out as there needs to be a pathway of some quality for all the good kids they have there but the reality is that the seniors will remain well down the pecking order so long as the juniors keep pouring in the dough through sheer numbers.
Just a side note... Have you seen the state of the main pitch already without much rain at all. Looks green from afar but it is a goat track.
Have a look at the quality of the senior pitches that are played on in Div 1 and 2.

Sad.. As has previously been mentioned the club has been competitive in the Amateur comp for a long time !!
I don't really have a dog in this fight, however on the outside looking in it's clear that a lot of the players walked when things weren't going their way.

Real club men don't do that.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Brian the Postman wrote:
No kidding wrote:

I don't really have a dog in this fight, however on the outside looking in it's clear that a lot of the players walked when things weren't going their way.

Real club men don't do that.
If you've followed this tread for some time I'd disagree, what I've read into this is there has been problems for along time now. If the real club men have been battling this for some time then it comes a time when enough is enough and walking away is the best option.
Its some what of a vicious circle, real club men can only exist when there's a club culture which can only exist with real club people. Break that chain and you get what they're going through.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

not a vista person and never will be... but could not agree more. the real character of the 'club people' comes out, it got too tough for some so they bailed. how can you possibly call them club people then?

Vista will still be competitive in the years to come....
Im closer than you think

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

not a vista person and never will be... but could not agree more. the real character of the 'club people' comes out, it got too tough for some so they bailed. how can you possibly call them club people then?

Vista will still be competitive in the years to come....[/quote]

There's always two sides to a story and neither is willing to detail what went on. That's fine as its a club issue and should remain that way.. so I guess everyone will continue to agree to disagree on what a 'club person' is!
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

4th actually.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

FoundIt wrote:

Vista will still be competitive in the years to come....
hopefully they have a few more players come into their own club rooms after a game... only 5 players including a past player after the first game of the season ...

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I was disappointed that so many old faces were missing

I believe you that there must have been something major happen to lose so many great servants of the club, we play for fun and for the love of the game and when it gets unbearable then no point continuing

We have a bad habit of taking people for granted - I guess most clubs do, but I'm sure this was bigger

I do wish both you personally and Vista as a Club well as we've always enjoyed playing Vista
Are you Bodo in disguise?