Sunday Premier Division Round 3 Write Up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ossie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Sunday Premier Division Round 3 Write Up

Post by Ossie »

ELIZABETH DOWNS vs PARAFIELD GARDENS
2017 League Champions Elizabeth Downs have hit top form with a 7-0 thumping of Parafield Gardens at Argana Park.

Gardens travelled north looking to continue their good form that saw them beat Salisbury Inter 6-0 in round 2 and they started brightly with Paul Whitney heading just over on seven minutes.

The Maroons opened the scoring on 20 minutes when a speculative Tommy Blackett cross was tapped onto the bar by Gardens keeper Jayden Shepard and striker Matt Watson was on hand to tap the ball home.
Shepard did well to deny Watson on 22 minutes with a fine diving save but three minutes later he could do nothing stop a rasping Blackett finish from 15 yards.

Despite being two goals Gardens carved out two good chances with Whitney having a shot cleared off the line while and soon after a Scott Wiedenbach shot from distance cannoned off the bar.
Five minutes before the break the Downs made it 3-0 when Sean Brennan fired home and a minute later the game was over when Cody Morrison slotted from a through ball.
Matt Watson scored two identical tap ins from left hand side crosses as the home side went 6-0 up on the hour and the scoring was rounded out with a Matt Wise goal on 75 minutes.

Downs Coach Steve Hughes “We knew they would be full of confidence coming in but I was pleased that we took our chances today which really set the game up for us in the first half.”

INGLE Farm have moved three points clear at the top of the table after a hard-fought 1-0 win over Tea Tree Gully at Tilley Reserve.

Farm were looking to build on a perfect start to the season while Gully were looking for their first point of the campaign after two competitive losses.

Once again Gully were in the contest but fell behind on 50 minutes when an Allah Mobedi corner was flicked in at the near post by Musti Ipekdal.

Farm Coach Paul Simpson “I’m very happy to get the points against a team who are better than their results might suggest.”

THE up and down Salisbury Inter claimed another scalp with a 2-1 win over the inform Brahma Lodge at Underdown Park.

Inter came into the game looking to put a 6-0 loss to Parafield Gardens behind them while Lodge were looking to continue their promising start which had seen them collect six points in the opening two rounds.

Inter struck first thanks to a long-range missile from Matt Centrone which burst into the net on seven minutes.
Lodge fought back to see the teams go to the break locked at 1-1 before Inter went back in front on 50 minutes when Cesk Mandi got on the end of a Centrone free kick to header home.

Brahma pushed hard but Inter held strong to the delight of their coach Steve Cook “It was a great response from our boys after what was an embarrassment last week. The boys showed they have real character today.”

PARA Hills West continued their impressive start to the season with a 3-0 win over Salisbury Florina at Manor Farm Ground.

Both sides came into the game with three points from two rounds and the game opened with neither side giving an inch.

The first goal was always going to be important and Westies got it on 35 minutes when a Tom Foglia shot was saved only for Lewis Marzocca to fire home the rebound.

On 70 minutes the lead was doubled when some good build up play led to a cross which Foglia fired hard into the left hand corner.
The game was sealed in the 77th minute when a ball over the top found Kurtis Cracknell who beat the keeper coolly.

Michael Iacovino “It was a real arm wrestle against a good team. We emphasised how important early points would be so we are really happy with six points in three games.”

A STRONG 2nd half performance saw Para Hills East secure their first points of the season with a 3-1 win over Elizabeth Vale at Para Hills Oval.

The visiting Vale went to the break 1-0 up thanks to another Mark Burbridge goal, his 6th goal in three games.

After the break Easties lifted and drew level when Jack Wegner got on the end of some good build up play before slotting his chance.
Michael Whitford made a run from the back before coolly sliding the ball home to the delight of the home crowd and the game was sealed when Liam Fleming popped up at the back post to score Easts 3rd.

East coach Alan O’Donnell “It was a very good reaction to last week’s disappointment, I’m really proud of the group.”

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday Premier Division Round 3 Write Up

Post by churchill »

I was at the TTG v IF game, it was a good game and it was a close tight contest. It was also good to see a decent experienced referee out there officiating to bring up the standard of refereeing in the league - made the game more enjoyable to watch.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

churchill wrote:I was at the TTG v IF game, it was a good game and it was a close tight contest. It was also good to see a decent experienced referee out there officiating to bring up the standard of refereeing in the league - made the game more enjoyable to watch.
The referee had a bloody great game i agree!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

sirstevieg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sirstevieg »

I assume it wasn't Leon then :)
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

sirstevieg wrote:I assume it wasn't Leon then :)
There are some shockers out there and shouldn't be allowed to referee - I was appalled to see the standard of refereeing when I started to follow the amateur league and so it was a pleasant change to see a decent referee in the ttg game
Last edited by churchill on Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

sirstevieg wrote:I assume it wasn't Leon then :)
nah it was elvis
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Audere~Est~Facere
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Audere~Est~Facere »

Apart from the blatant penalty he missed for gullys first 10mins, he had a great game

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Audere~Est~Facere wrote:Apart from the blatant penalty he missed for gullys first 10mins, he had a great game
The Farm player won the ball, hence why he gave a corner :)

Audere~Est~Facere
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Audere~Est~Facere »

don’t know where you were standing but 3 ingle farm players admitted it was a blatant penalty. Including the guy who made the foul.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Audere~Est~Facere wrote:don’t know where you were standing but 3 ingle farm players admitted it was a blatant penalty. Including the guy who made the foul.
I have to agree with you it looked like a penalty from the sidelines as well but this happens occassionally in football where penalties are either missed or given when it shouldn't be