Salisbury Villa getting bullied

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Salisbury Villa getting bullied

Post by God is an Englishman »

A northern soccer club hopes to curtail vandalism with a new $30,000 fence. Picture: Sam Rosewarne
A northern soccer club hopes to curtail vandalism with a new $30,000 fence. Picture: Sam Rosewarne
NORTH
Salisbury council grants Salisbury Villa Soccer Club $30,000 fence at Reg Groth Reserve to quell ‘teasing and bullying’

A NORTHERN soccer club hopes to curtail vandalism and “bullying and teasing” from opposition teams with a new $30,000 fence.

Salisbury Villa Soccer Club’s application to Salisbury Council for a grant was accepted at a committee meeting last month.

The club will use the funding to replace a chain-link fence with “spear security fencing” at its home at Reg Groth Reserve, Parafield Gardens.

The new fence will be similar to barriers commonly seen at schools.

A grant application from club president Tony Perre to the council said the fencing was needed because of frequent break-ins and vandalism, among other reasons.

The application said the fence would “minimise teasing and bullying from opposing teams”, although it did not explain how.

It would also make the club’s grounds look nicer, which would encourage players to join and change “public opinion” about the club.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Salisbury Villa getting bullied

Post by n8 »

Well there goes my plan to tease and bully Salisbury villa when i play them this season! That spear fence has got me figured out!

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

better for security no doubt as existing fence easy to climb.
but to stop bullying and teasing. surely the reason was not articulated correctly.
Im closer than you think

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

FoundIt wrote:better for security no doubt as existing fence easy to climb.
but to stop bullying and teasing. surely the reason was not articulated correctly.
Are you talking about the 8ft high barbed wire fence? easy to climb you say?

I would think that the idea is purely cosmetic to try and maintain security while looking less like a detention centre
HA'WAY THE LADS

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Just sell a couple of babies , that will raise the money for villa

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

[quote="God is an Englishman"][quote]

NORTH
Salisbury council grants Salisbury Villa Soccer Club $30,000 fence at Reg Groth Reserve to quell ‘teasing and bullying’

A NORTHERN soccer club hopes to curtail vandalism and “bullying and teasing” from opposition teams with a new $30,000 fence.

Salisbury Villa Soccer Club’s application to Salisbury Council for a grant was accepted at a committee meeting last month.

The club will use the funding to replace a chain-link fence with “spear security fencing” at its home at Reg Groth Reserve, Parafield Gardens.

A grant application from club president Tony Perre to the council said the fencing was needed because of frequent break-ins and vandalism, among other reasons.

The application said the fence would “minimise teasing and bullying from opposing teams”, although it did not explain how.

Oh Dear..
Seriously ????

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

I would think that the idea is purely cosmetic to try and maintain security while looking less like a detention centre
I dare say as Teasing and Bullying are a hot topic at the moment in the general media/community it was put in to boost their chances of getting funded.
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Brian the Postman wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

I dare say as Teasing and Bullying are a hot topic at the moment in the general media/community it was put in to boost their chances of getting funded.
I would agree - clever application.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

villa-wood

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

God is an Englishman wrote:

NORTH

It would also make the club’s grounds look nicer, which would encourage players to join and change “public opinion” about the club.

Wasn't this the same club that was punished by the league for using unregistered players?
If I am not mistaken, it cost them league promotion.

Great to see local government investing in standout specimens.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

redwin wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

NORTH

Wasn't this the same club that was punished by the league for using unregistered players?
If I am not mistaken, it cost them league promotion.

Great to see local government investing in standout specimens.
So you would see that as reason enough to exclude them from getting access to community funding?

Also how many years ago was that?

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Brian the Postman wrote:
So you would see that as reason enough to exclude them from getting access to community funding?

If I'm not mistaken within the last 3-4 years.

Isn't breaking the rules, breaking the rules? Or are some okay to break?

I hope Steve Smith and Co have you as their lawyers.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

redwin wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:

If I'm not mistaken within the last 3-4 years.

Isn't breaking the rules, breaking the rules? Or are some okay to break?

I hope Steve Smith and Co have you as their lawyers.
How many was it 3 or 4?

On your reasoning West Adelaide shouldn't be able to have a facility like Kilburn because they have a history of not paying their bills.

Jellyfish Haircut
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jellyfish Haircut »

That's a different club.
THE ORAKLE wrote:my days as a missionary for this forum are now over. :|

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

Brian the Postman wrote:
How many was it 3 or 4?

On your reasoning West Adelaide shouldn't be able to have a facility like Kilburn because they have a history of not paying their bills.

AGREE!!

Why hand funds to clubs that have shown a history mismanagement?
I prefer my tax dollars are invested in community projects/clubs that have shown respect for the laws (of game and society).

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

redwin wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
How many was it 3 or 4?

AGREE!!

Why hand funds to clubs that have shown a history mismanagement?
I prefer my tax dollars are invested in community projects/clubs that have shown respect for the laws (of game and society).
Fair enough that's a sound view point.

I would hate to think that this funding didn't help abate the teasing and bullying.