FFSA CUP 2018

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FFSA CUP 2018

Post by paul merson »

4-3 downs

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

4-4

Jørgen Inge Mykland
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jørgen Inge Mykland »

4-6 half time extra time

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

paul merson wrote:4-3 Gardens
Gardens down to 10 men
Alban again :oops: :oops: :oops:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

BOSA up 4-0 in the second half against Victory!!

Surely the Hounds won’t bottle it!

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

5 when I left Tass with a late penalty

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

good weekend for saasl
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

redfred wrote:good weekend for saasl
good results for the div 1 sunday teams of SAASL against the SL2 teams - it sort of backs up the general assumption that the standard of the Div 1 sunday SAASL comp is just as good if not slightly better than the SL 2 comp

Hearts
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Hearts »

IMO results show Div 1 sunday amateur about the same level as state league 2 (div 3) fed teams, last seasons run away winners Downs lost to SL1 team Modbury, second placed Parafield Gardens 1 goal winners over 4th placed Cobras and 3rd placed Braham Lodge 1 goal winners over 9th placed Playford

YNWA96
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by YNWA96 »

Hearts wrote:IMO results show Div 1 sunday amateur about the same level as state league 2 (div 3) fed teams, last seasons run away winners Downs lost to SL1 team Modbury, second placed Parafield Gardens 1 goal winners over 4th placed Cobras and 3rd placed Braham Lodge 1 goal winners over 9th placed Playford
Also got to remember that the state league 1 and 2 have had a full pre season and into round 6 of there league campaign, with the amateur league still 2 weeks away from there’s. Downs had the game won yesterday but the match fitness of Modbury is what got them the win in the end IMO

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Hearts wrote:IMO results show Div 1 sunday amateur about the same level as state league 2 (div 3) fed teams, last seasons run away winners Downs lost to SL1 team Modbury, second placed Parafield Gardens 1 goal winners over 4th placed Cobras and 3rd placed Braham Lodge 1 goal winners over 9th placed Playford

Don’t forget the Saturday teams...pumas and BOSA both smashing there sl2 opponents and some credit should go to PAC ( sat div 3) in pushing Seaford to extra time and by reports had chances to win the game... watching BOSA and victory last night I expected more from a team second in sl2 but BOSA outclassed them all over the park I also found it funny a few victory players trying to give the BOSA players crap for playing in “professional league” when they are getting belted!

Farpost
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Farpost »

Downs were 4-1 up with 15 mins to play, and then hit hit the crossbar from a free kick which would have made it 5-1. Critical factor in the result was Downs coach's decision to sub three of their most mobile players - including the most dangerous looking forward on the ground - a puzzling decision. Over the initial 90 mins, Downs looked the far more threatening side - but capitulated during extra time; not sure if that was fitness or lack of depth. Overall, a good entertaining game for the big crowd in attendance.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Farpost wrote:Downs were 4-1 up with 15 mins to play, and then hit hit the crossbar from a free kick which would have made it 5-1. Critical factor in the result was Downs coach's decision to sub three of their most mobile players - including the most dangerous looking forward on the ground - a puzzling decision. Over the initial 90 mins, Downs looked the far more threatening side - but capitulated during extra time; not sure if that was fitness or lack of depth. Overall, a good entertaining game for the big crowd in attendance.
especially with the strikers replacement giving away a terrible penalty 5 mins after coming on to make it 4-3
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

paul merson wrote:Good to see some amateur sides going through, hope all of them hosting home games make some coin and have a good enough experience to encourage more next year, with the top tier in next round the likes of the Vale could get a visit from an Adelaide City, MetroStars ect

Can’t see Downs getting past Modbury, too many NPL players at jets but hope it’s a cracker, good luck Bosa tomorrow night!

Have to say all the new clubs to the comp have given it a new buzz that it needed.

Paul I hope you are correct about SAASL clubs being able to play at home if they are drawn as the home team.

Last time SAASL clubs were allowed to compete in what was then known as the Federation Cup, after the Preliminary round games, the following rounds had to be played on federation ( now FFSA ) approved grounds. ( fence around the perimeter and a players race ) someone might want to check on that. ( I hope I am wrong ) .
Well done to all SAASL clubs that competed, good luck to those that are left to play in Round 1

Andman69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Andman69 »

The General wrote:
paul merson wrote:Good to see some amateur sides going through, hope all of them hosting home games make some coin and have a good enough experience to encourage more next year, with the top tier in next round the likes of the Vale could get a visit from an Adelaide City, MetroStars ect

Can’t see Downs getting past Modbury, too many NPL players at jets but hope it’s a cracker, good luck Bosa tomorrow night!

Have to say all the new clubs to the comp have given it a new buzz that it needed.

Paul I hope you are correct about SAASL clubs being able to play at home if they are drawn as the home team.

Last time SAASL clubs were allowed to compete in what was then known as the Federation Cup, after the Preliminary round games, the following rounds had to be played on federation ( now FFSA ) approved grounds. ( fence around the perimeter and a players race ) someone might want to check on that. ( I hope I am wrong ) .
Well done to all SAASL clubs that competed, good luck to those that are left to play in Round 1
Should be fine.... In order to create the State League 2 division, the FFSA put some new rules in place to allow venues with no fence / race from changing rooms to participate... Basically they get 5 people to wear stewards vests to replace the 1 meter fence!! Not sure how that works... tried keeping my dog in the yard by having all the kids wear hi vis vests.... he escaped....
Be more interesting to see what they do / back flipping if a crackerjack of a draw has a SAASL Div 1 playing a big Fed club..... Hope they leave it be..

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Andman69 wrote:
The General wrote:

Should be fine.... In order to create the State League 2 division, the FFSA put some new rules in place to allow venues with no fence / race from changing rooms to participate... Basically they get 5 people to wear stewards vests to replace the 1 meter fence!! Not sure how that works... tried keeping my dog in the yard by having all the kids wear hi vis vests.... he escaped....
Be more interesting to see what they do / back flipping if a crackerjack of a draw has a SAASL Div 1 playing a big Fed club..... Hope they leave it be..
Now that you mention it quite a few SL clubs who don't have fencing and players race.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Would think there will be more SAASL teams entering next year

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Farpost wrote:Downs were 4-1 up with 15 mins to play, and then hit hit the crossbar from a free kick which would have made it 5-1. Critical factor in the result was Downs coach's decision to sub three of their most mobile players - including the most dangerous looking forward on the ground - a puzzling decision. Over the initial 90 mins, Downs looked the far more threatening side - but capitulated during extra time; not sure if that was fitness or lack of depth. Overall, a good entertaining game for the big crowd in attendance.
That's crazy, how can you not defend a 4-1 lead with 20 to go, especially knowing your team's fitness is not there yet. Park the bus FFS.

Stuff like that would get a coach sacked in ffsa :lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Downs V MSC - good sized crowd and well behaved from what I saw and heard. Downs played well but ran out of steam basically. MSC got out of jail really and the Downs will rightfully think they could have won that game, I think the Downs will have a good year.

Very windy conditions which made it a bit tricky to play in but both teams put in good performances. Ref was a bit card happy in the first half but seemed to back off with the cards after that. The game was physical at times but not over the top which was fine. A couple of arguable decisions (Downs first goal, was it over the line or not) but overall the game seemed to be officiated ok.

I thought there might be a pitch invasion at some stage with there not being any fencing but I didn't expect it to be a 2 YO running into Modbury's back half. The Modbury defence had trouble dealing with him but got there in the end when they double teamed him. :)

Nice to see Darcy Clarke (ex Modbury junior) playing for the downs, and the tall No.9 for the Downs that played on the left wing looked good and was always a threat.

All in all very good arvo well done to both clubs. :wink:

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Cracking day with a big crowd, had the downs lads celebrating with 20 to go even evoked the old a nomadic or free-spirited person curse by having a sing early and then boom extra time, extra half hour to drink more beer...club was under the pump keeping up even seen grog being delivered to top up bar... well done to everyone involved and great to catch up with the bald one trimmers who with 20 to go would of been thinking wtf....well done to modbury and well done to our lads cracking effort.....first loss since 2016....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

legga wrote:Cracking day with a big crowd, had the downs lads celebrating with 20 to go even evoked the old a nomadic or free-spirited person curse by having a sing early and then boom extra time, extra half hour to drink more beer...club was under the pump keeping up even seen grog being delivered to top up bar... well done to everyone involved and great to catch up with the bald one trimmers who with 20 to go would of been thinking wtf....well done to modbury and well done to our lads cracking effort.....first loss since 2016....
:wink: I did wonder if the beer stocks might be tested. :) A little birdie tells me the bald one might be around the Downs a bit more often in 2018 :?:

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Mr Red wrote:Downs V MSC - good sized crowd and well behaved from what I saw and heard. Downs played well but ran out of steam basically. MSC got out of jail really and the Downs will rightfully think they could have won that game, I think the Downs will have a good year.

Very windy conditions which made it a bit tricky to play in but both teams put in good performances. Ref was a bit card happy in the first half but seemed to back off with the cards after that. The game was physical at times but not over the top which was fine. A couple of arguable decisions (Downs first goal, was it over the line or not) but overall the game seemed to be officiated ok.

I thought there might be a pitch invasion at some stage with there not being any fencing but I didn't expect it to be a 2 YO running into Modbury's back half. The Modbury defence had trouble dealing with him but got there in the end when they double teamed him. :)

Nice to see Darcy Clarke (ex Modbury junior) playing for the downs, and the tall No.9 for the Downs that played on the left wing looked good and was always a threat.

All in all very good arvo well done to both clubs. :wink:
I think you'll find he is actually a Downs junior before he was seen at Modbury.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

With the next round being the same weekend as SAASL round 1, will there be a few postponed games that weekend?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

chunky-monkey wrote:With the next round being the same weekend as SAASL round 1, will there be a few postponed games that weekend?
My understanding is that round 1 fixture will go ahead as scheduled, with the FFSA Cup games being played midweek

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

chunky-monkey wrote:With the next round being the same weekend as SAASL round 1, will there be a few postponed games that weekend?
SAASL is looking into it and will report back to clubs shortly........ Well that's the message i received.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Draw Thursday morning 10am Coopers stadium

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

legga wrote:Cracking day with a big crowd, had the downs lads celebrating with 20 to go even evoked the old a nomadic or free-spirited person curse by having a sing early and then boom extra time, extra half hour to drink more beer...club was under the pump keeping up even seen grog being delivered to top up bar... well done to everyone involved and great to catch up with the bald one trimmers who with 20 to go would of been thinking wtf....well done to modbury and well done to our lads cracking effort.....first loss since 2016....

Surley you didnt start the Downs winning song before you have heard the final whistle ?????
Every Rat has his day !!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Rodent wrote:

Surley you didnt start the Downs winning song before you have heard the final whistle ?????
Legga strikes me as Downs's equivalent "joffa" at Collingwood with the gold jacket. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Bomber wrote:
Legga strikes me as Downs's equivalent "joffa" at Collingwood with the gold jacket. :wink:
I was thinking the same thing, maybe with a few less teeth and walks with a limp due to a Downs car park altercation :?: :)

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Rodent wrote:

Of cause we did...gotta get the practice in for when we play you...
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...