Pre Season Friendlies - Cards

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Pre Season Friendlies - Cards

Post by swannsong »

We had a player sent off on the weekend after receiving a 2nd yellow card....I just received an email regarding his suspension...I may be wrong but last year the precedent was that only straight red cards for violent conduct etc attracted a suspension in pre-season friendlies....has this changed and how were clubs informed ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Pre Season Friendlies - Cards

Post by Bomber »

A sign of "the FFSA way" of doing things maybe?
Ignore this signature

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Based on the FFSA Rules & Regulations

(7) A player who receives a mandatory suspension in a Friendly, must serve that suspension in the next
Friendly. A player who receives a match suspension in addition to a mandatory match suspension for
an offence that occurs in a Friendly may be requested by the Disciplinary Committee to serve the
suspension in the next official match(es) in which his or her club participates rather than the next
Friendly.

Swanny, i think the carton of beer he owes for a send off is a better punishment...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Not worth playing friendlies if you lose players for league games.. 2 yellows in a friendly and you cop this carry over to a league Round....

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Are you suggesting that ill discipline goes unpunished?
Maybe take the responsibility that this player did something wrong and deal with it?
Irrespective of when it happened, it has happened - agreed the process could have been better publicized but “do the crime do the time”
Only in my experience but refs generally tend to avoid dishing out cards if they can in pre season - if that were the case then it must have been pretty bad to get two?
Only playing devils advocate and asking the questions....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Fact Hunt wrote:Are you suggesting that ill discipline goes unpunished?
Maybe take the responsibility that this player did something wrong and deal with it?
Irrespective of when it happened, it has happened - agreed the process could have been better publicized but “do the crime do the time”
Only in my experience but refs generally tend to avoid dishing out cards if they can in pre season - if that were the case then it must have been pretty bad to get two?
Not suggesting 'going unpunished' ... just the precedent changing without notification ... our players received their fair share of over exuberant tackles that went uncarded without too much fuss ... was two yellow cards for two solid tackles and he left the ground without a fuss.
Hurts more when you cover the referees fees for As & Bs (in this case out of my own pockets) and the opposition don't offer any share of the fees and leave a mess behind for several of our spectators to pick up....

Getinthere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Getinthere »

Maybe the referees have missed that memo cause the refs we have had have been handing them out like Christmas cards and for minor stuff as well.

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nugget »

Agreed. Maybe teach him how to tackle. You get sent off, you get suspended. Deal with it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

swannsong wrote:
Not suggesting 'going unpunished' ... just the precedent changing without notification ... our players received their fair share of over exuberant tackles that went uncarded without too much fuss ... was two yellow cards for two solid tackles and he left the ground without a fuss.
Hurts more when you cover the referees fees for As & Bs (in this case out of my own pockets) and the opposition don't offer any share of the fees and leave a mess behind for several of our spectators to pick up....
I wouldn't invite them for a friendly next season, that's for sure.
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

swannsong wrote:
Didn't you read up on the implications of affiliation?
It's all in the Delivery!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Nugget wrote:
Agreed. Maybe teach him how to tackle. You get sent off, you get suspended. Deal with it.
I fully understand, personally I never received a single card in my voluntary playing 'career' from 1968 to 2017..
They were decent tackles :)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Brian the Postman wrote:
swannsong wrote:
Didn't you read up on the implications of affiliation?
Particularly the section on smarmy comments from the naysayers :)

Spencee1965
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Spencee1965 »

Aint there reservses playing there again ?
Bomber wrote:
swannsong wrote:
I wouldn't invite them for a friendly next season, that's for sure.

Spencee1965
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Spencee1965 »

swannsong wrote:
Cry Me A River comes to mind very quickly