Player Movements 2018

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Player Movements 2018

Post by fowler_23 »

chunky-monkey wrote:
fowler_23 wrote: who the hell stayed???
Young lad, first year of seniors last season. Saying that he can't play first 4 games due to a club ban :lol:
well i just noticed that vista saasl are playing vista ffsa this weekend both first team and ressies! do vista amatuers have enough players for 2 teams?
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

chunky-monkey wrote:
Young lad, first year of seniors last season. Saying that he can't play first 4 games due to a club ban :lol:
Bobby's still there (sort of) does that count?

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

grumbly wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote:
Bobby's still there (sort of) does that count?
If he plays this season after his op then yes.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Well bugger then... he re did his knee last week :-(

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

chunky-monkey wrote:
Is chunkey monkey still at Vista?

moonshine3
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by moonshine3 »

GOOD TO SEE THERE IS ALOT OF CLUB LOYALTY AT VISTA, THE PLAYERS THAT GOT THEM RELEGATED SHOULD STAY TO GET THEM BACK UP !!! IMO

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

moonshine3 wrote:GOOD TO SEE THERE IS ALOT OF CLUB LOYALTY AT VISTA, THE PLAYERS THAT GOT THEM RELEGATED SHOULD STAY TO GET THEM BACK UP !!! IMO
maybe loyalty is a two street

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

The Eagle wrote:
chunky-monkey wrote:
Is chunkey monkey still at Vista?
Negative.

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

bloodypassit wrote:
moonshine3 wrote:GOOD TO SEE THERE IS ALOT OF CLUB LOYALTY AT VISTA, THE PLAYERS THAT GOT THEM RELEGATED SHOULD STAY TO GET THEM BACK UP !!! IMO
Suggest that Vista are getting what they want.
Priority is the Saturday team and will probably end up with a couple of sides in the
Lower divisions on Sunday.
Loyalty in soccer ??
Not sure it is that common in any part of the world.

Soccer Fan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soccer Fan »

Shane Tobias- Brahma lodge

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

No kidding wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
Suggest that Vista are getting what they want.
Priority is the Saturday team and will probably end up with a couple of sides in the
Lower divisions on Sunday.
Loyalty in soccer ??
Not sure it is that common in any part of the world.
Know a few people there at both sides. I don't think they want lower division side but the decision was made about the behaviour of some people that it wasn't acceptable.

Had a similar personal moment like this and like them I voted with my feet. Both sides probably think they're right.

RB10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by RB10 »

jets1 wrote:Shane Tobias- Brahma lodge
Tobias has already signed at Comets.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Could there be a number of players that have verbally committed to SAASL clubs for this year but are playing in FFSA til the SAASL season starts ....therefore recieve payment from mid feb rather than wait til april ( not that any SAASL or sponsors pay for players in the SAASL )

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

bloodypassit wrote:Could there be a number of players that have verbally committed to SAASL clubs for this year but are playing in FFSA til the SAASL season starts ....therefore recieve payment from mid feb rather than wait til april ( not that any SAASL or sponsors pay for players in the SAASL )
You'll soon find out!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Betterman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Betterman »

I think you'll find the club is to blame for alot of the downfall... Empty promises year after year eventually got the better of most players. Myself I played for 13 years there... I'd call that loyalty! Yes it's a rarity but loyalty is a two way street. On to new challenges for alot of players to find that spark again

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Betterman wrote:
I think you'll find the club is to blame for alot of the downfall... Empty promises year after year eventually got the better of most players. Myself I played for 13 years there... I'd call that loyalty! Yes it's a rarity but loyalty is a two way street. On to new challenges for alot of players to find that spark again
Interesting, what empty promises?

Seems strange with a new president, new coaches etc...

Betterman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Betterman »

Such as, updates to clubrooms aswell as changerooms.
Pitch restoration (even artificial was a possible option at one point)
Jackets/polos included in rego when all they managed to give players was socks for the season...
Training aswell as games at the new jet park...
And that was just the past few seasons.
Things inside the club were supposed to be updated such as honour boards from the very first year...
The council do not help in the slightest and not all of these problems are down to the club but they did make the mistake continuously to say they were happening which made it worse when they never came to fruition....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Betterman wrote:Such as, updates to clubrooms aswell as changerooms.
Jackets/polos included in rego when all they managed to give players was socks for the season...
Things inside the club were supposed to be updated such as honour boards from the very first year...
The council do not help in the slightest and not all of these problems are down to the club but they did make the mistake continuously to say they were happening which made it worse when they never came to fruition....
Interesting.

Were you one of the players who got a ban?

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

BL3 wrote:
jets1 wrote:Shane Tobias- Brahma lodge
Tobias has already signed at Comets.
:lol: Jets1 seems to have a good insight to BLSC.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

The club doesnt care about the amatuer league team its all about the juniors and the lovechild of the club coached the same team for years none of them would of played 1st team or reserves so they made the ffsa team and got pumped 8-0 every week! Not one of the amatuers were invited out to trial for the ffsa team that year!

When nearly a whole first team leaves after majority of them playing there 5 years plus maybe its the clubs loyalty to its players that made everyone leave?

I truly hope they do well this year and the club gets back to what it used to be because before it went down hill thst was easily the best club in any sport ive been involved in!

Betterman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Betterman »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Betterman wrote:Such as, updates to clubrooms aswell as changerooms.

Interesting.

Were you one of the players who got a ban?
Interesting......
No Im not

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Betterman wrote:
Interesting, what empty promises?

Seems strange with a new president, new coaches etc...
So where does all the money from the largest junior club in the north and probably the state go ?
Surely some of the above is self funding stuff !!

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

To a pair of socks for each amatuer player keeping in mind they pay 300 in fees dont get a tracksuit, all the strips dont fit any players sonetimes 1st team players where borrowing tops from the CS and Bs or had to use strapping tape to put a number on.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

The players that they have lost are 10 + year members. They had loyalty and the players that were there when they were last relegated stayed on and fought to get the club back up. Eventually all those issues take there toll and people get fed up with it all. But as Guiseppe said, I do hope they can get back to where they were. Maybe this is what the club needs to see what they have done and a wake up call!

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Guiseppe wrote:The club doesnt care about the amatuer league team its all about the juniors and the lovechild of the club coached the same team for years none of them would of played 1st team or reserves so they made the ffsa team and got pumped 8-0 every week! Not one of the amatuers were invited out to trial for the ffsa team that year!

When nearly a whole first team leaves after majority of them playing there 5 years plus maybe its the clubs loyalty to its players that made everyone leave?

I truly hope they do well this year and the club gets back to what it used to be because before it went down hill thst was easily the best club in any sport ive been involved in!
I don't think any of the amateur team wanted anything to do with the FFSA team.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Yes I think Giuseppe may not have all his facts right there.

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

I kno a few who did myself included

Betterman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Betterman »

We (our coach) got the funds to run the team this past year as the club took funding from amateurs... We self funded what we could but the club in the position we were in had to all of a sudden do all the work rather than the joint effort as it is at most if not all clubs I'd imagine. What we got for what was put in (by the ones that did put time and effort in behind the scenes, myself included) was way below par. Love for the club can only stretch so far when they keep shi**ing on the people who helped where they could.

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

Guiseppe wrote:To a pair of socks for each amatuer player keeping in mind they pay 300 in fees dont get a tracksuit, all the strips dont fit any players sonetimes 1st team players where borrowing tops from the CS and Bs or had to use strapping tape to put a number on.
Yellow Alternate strip was classical..
Some of the tops looked like they were pulled from the under 11s kit. :lol:

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

Guiseppe wrote:I kno a few who did myself included
Clayton's to Easties, Shepard to Gardens so far is the rumour
What is Robbie Williams and Brad Mackay doing ?