How many more clubs??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

How many more clubs??

Post by bloodypassit »

With the demise of Adelaide Villa , how many more clubs will fold due to limited volunteers ???

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: How many more clubs??

Post by chunky-monkey »

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

LRO
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LRO »

bloodypassit wrote:With the demise of Adelaide Villa , how many more clubs will fold due to limited volunteers ???
How did you hear mate? Didn't know it was public knowledge yet. Have they told the saasl?

Ice Adonis
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ice Adonis »

Passit has contacts everywhere.
Also known as Yellow Boots

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

i know of at least 2 more

90mins
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by 90mins »

some clubs spend money on teams and they forget who really runs the clubs and should be being paid, players come and go committed club people willing to help out do not. Unfortunately in some clubs when its the same folk doing every thing it eventually becomes tiring for free.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

were villa originally Adelaide avelino from the 70s?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

90mins wrote:some clubs spend money on teams and they forget who really runs the clubs and should be being paid, players come and go committed club people willing to help out do not. Unfortunately in some clubs when its the same folk doing every thing it eventually becomes tiring for free.
Very good post

Mackenzie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mackenzie »

Looks like Polonia is dead too...

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Steve#4 wrote:
90mins wrote:some clubs spend money on teams and they forget who really runs the clubs and should be being paid, players come and go committed club people willing to help out do not. Unfortunately in some clubs when its the same folk doing every thing it eventually becomes tiring for free.
Very good post
absolutely agree. its not unusual for people to suffer burnout over years of dedicated service. there are millions of jobs in this country for people who will work for nothing. the problem for clubs is the same as everything else in this country now. everything is just too expensive nowadays and clubs cannot afford to pay volunteers. perhaps if politicians were volunteers things might be different but don't hold your breath folks. :roll:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

theorakle wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:
Very good post
absolutely agree. its not unusual for people to suffer burnout over years of dedicated service. there are millions of jobs in this country for people who will work for nothing. the problem for clubs is the same as everything else in this country now. everything is just too expensive nowadays and clubs cannot afford to pay volunteers. perhaps if politicians were volunteers things might be different but don't hold your breath folks. :roll:
You mean like Tony Abbott being a volunteer fireman in his spare time?
It's all in the Delivery!

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

Care to comment, The Eagle?
Agia Lavra 1821!

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

yes just like that. good on tony abbott. I was a volunteer too once,without the benefit of the political salary which rises every 6 months along with the obscene super and the ridiculous perks along with the Teflon overcoat and the gold pass for life. the big problem is that there are so many of them with no downsizing or redundancies ever. the other problem is that jobs for the rest of us are getting scarce to the extent that soon there will be not enough peasants/taxpayers working to pay for their fabulous life style. one can only hope that when that happens our lords and masters MAY out of necessity take an interest in us their subjects and hopefully cut us a little slack. :roll:

The Eagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Eagle »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:Care to comment, The Eagle?
Not much to add as it was a very tough call but the announcement summed it up, very sad day

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

so minimum of 3 up in all sat divisions
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

theorakle wrote:yes just like that. good on tony abbott. I was a volunteer too once,without the benefit of the political salary which rises every 6 months along with the obscene super and the ridiculous perks along with the Teflon overcoat and the gold pass for life. the big problem is that there are so many of them with no downsizing or redundancies ever. the other problem is that jobs for the rest of us are getting scarce to the extent that soon there will be not enough peasants/taxpayers working to pay for their fabulous life style. one can only hope that when that happens our lords and masters MAY out of necessity take an interest in us their subjects and hopefully cut us a little slack. :roll:

Politicians are effectively contractors so they're facing possible "redundancy" every 3 years.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Did hear about this last week, sad to hear. Some good battles with them through the years.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote:
theorakle wrote:yes just like that. good on tony abbott. I was a volunteer too once,without the benefit of the political salary which rises every 6 months along with the obscene super and the ridiculous perks along with the Teflon overcoat and the gold pass for life. the big problem is that there are so many of them with no downsizing or redundancies ever. the other problem is that jobs for the rest of us are getting scarce to the extent that soon there will be not enough peasants/taxpayers working to pay for their fabulous life style. one can only hope that when that happens our lords and masters MAY out of necessity take an interest in us their subjects and hopefully cut us a little slack. :roll:

Politicians are effectively contractors so they're facing possible "redundancy" every 3 years.
my heart bleeds for them. pigzarz. after 3 years they are set up for life. they then sit on some board and still get well paid for doing god knows what. perhaps we would be better off under di<k tator. vive la revolution. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

my heart bleeds for them. pigzarz. after 3 years they are set up for life. they then sit on some board and still get well paid for doing god knows what. perhaps we would be better off under di<k tator. vive la revolution. :roll:
Happy for you to start another thread for this and I will educate you.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

chunky-monkey wrote:WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
i am assuming they had an AGM and no-one looked at stepping up and existing committee are moving on?

shame, but it happens.
Im closer than you think

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Polyester Puds oversees the demise of a once great club. Come on Puds surely you could of worked the canteen as well.... Where to now for the superlative Mr Agars....The Gawler Feds better get used to itchy polyester duds now.... :shock:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Animosity »

legga wrote:Polyester Puds oversees the demise of a once great club. Come on Puds surely you could of worked the canteen as well.... Where to now for the superlative Mr Agars....The Gawler Feds better get used to itchy polyester duds now.... :shock:
Wanderer's

Trainer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Trainer »

Gristy wrote:i know of at least 2 more
Really ?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Trainer wrote:
Gristy wrote:i know of at least 2 more
Really ?
I'm guessing Mawson Lakes is one .... probably doesn't help with the chairman and coach leaving the club and taking quite a few players to Rowe Park United ...

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

gristy, care to elaborate. :?: or is passit stiring. :?: :?: :?:

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

theorakle wrote:gristy, care to elaborate. :?: or is passit stiring. :?: :?: :?:
i stepped down in may and there wasn't enough support for the new guy to take it all on by himself (i.e volunteers), especially with fundraising throughout the year etc. our Saturday team are going solo as greenacres fc. it was hard to juggle 6 teams on the one pitch for training etc and we ended up with 3 pitches at 3 different councils this year, so quite a few of the lads were moving to para hills east i believe, i was going to play C at RPU and the coach applied there also and got the job, a couple of lads who played juniors there are going back.

also we only get two days on the pitch and with most of the junior coaches working and the teams getting older/longer training times it would mean seniors wouldn't be able to start training until quite late as they have grid iron there on other nights.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

theorakle wrote:gristy, care to elaborate. :?: or is passit stiring. :?: :?: :?:
since announcement some guys stepped up so there will be teams.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Politicians are effectively contractors so they're facing possible "redundancy" every 3 years.[/quote]

my heart bleeds for them. pigzarz. after 3 years they are set up for life. they then sit on some board and still get well paid for doing god knows what. perhaps we would be better off under di<k tator. vive la revolution. :roll:[/quote]

Happy for you to start another thread for this and I will educate you.[/quote]

I don't need educating pal. ive lived in 3 countrys and i came to regard all politicians as career criminals quite a long time ago. :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote:I don't need educating pal. ive lived in 3 countrys and i came to regard all politicians as career criminals quite a long time ago. :(

Happy for you to start another thread for this and I will educate you