How many more clubs??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Diabetic Squirrels
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: How many more clubs??

Post by Diabetic Squirrels »

Countrys, doesn't need educating :lol:
We'll eat your cake and shít snickers

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Diabetic Squirrels wrote:Countrys, doesn't need educating :lol:
sorry for my slip up. do you check all posts for spelling mistakes headmaster. :?:

Diabetic Squirrels
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Sometimes I focus on grammar.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Diabetic Squirrels wrote:Sometimes I focus on grammar.

and other times other family members........
Ignore this signature

Diabetic Squirrels
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Then there is punctuation. :D

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Diabetic Squirrels wrote:Then there is punctuation. :D

Or you can take your time..... :wink:
Ignore this signature

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Bomber wrote:
Diabetic Squirrels wrote:Then there is punctuation. :D

Or you can take your time..... :wink:
nuts to him. :lol:

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

Gristy wrote:
theorakle wrote:gristy, care to elaborate. :?: or is passit stiring. :?: :?: :?:
since announcement some guys stepped up so there will be teams.
As an uniformed observer, I have often wondered why Mawson Lakes didn't look to enter as a Saturday club as a point of difference. There is a huge saturation of Sunday league clubs in the area and only a few Saturday clubs (Gleeson- based at Pooraka, Modbury Jets, Salisbury Villa, and Para Hills West).

There's lots of Pros/Cons of both days, but I know more and more players that are keen to play Saturdays. As a long time Sunday league player switching to Saturday's was amazing (having Sunday to recover, being able to hang araound and have a few beers after the game, being able to go out and not play through a hangover etc.). Probably the only thing stopping a lot of players switching is a lack of options.

Starting an Saturday team a few years ago would have been ahead of the curve, but even now it is not too late. I anticipate that in a few years a lot of the big clubs will follow the Downs, Gardens etc. by adding Saturday teams. Is this something Mawson Lakes would consider? I know they had the Ex-Gleeson mercenaries this year, but I am talking about having a 2 team Division 4 side that is playing for promotion. After all, the moved saved Elizabeth Grove.

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

When Mawson Lakes was started by a group of mates a few years back, it was decided that the club would play on Sunday's as that was the best day for availability for the core group. It's a shame to see the club fold, we put a fair bit of work in to get it started, but i'm sure it won't be long before another group of mates or a more established club moves in to the facilities.

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

MLSC wrote:When Mawson Lakes was started by a group of mates a few years back, it was decided that the club would play on Sunday's as that was the best day for availability for the core group. It's a shame to see the club fold, we put a fair bit of work in to get it started, but i'm sure it won't be long before another group of mates or a more established club moves in to the facilities.
That makes sense.

Can I ask why the decision to fold was made in November? I'd wager that most clubs (outside a handful of Div. 1 clubs that might start preseason before xmas) would see a distinct lack of interest if they asked people to sign up in November. It seems like madness.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

On The Pine wrote:
MLSC wrote:When Mawson Lakes was started by a group of mates a few years back, it was decided that the club would play on Sunday's as that was the best day for availability for the core group. It's a shame to see the club fold, we put a fair bit of work in to get it started, but i'm sure it won't be long before another group of mates or a more established club moves in to the facilities.
That makes sense.

Can I ask why the decision to fold was made in November? I'd wager that most clubs (outside a handful of Div. 1 clubs that might start preseason before xmas) would see a distinct lack of interest if they asked people to sign up in November. It seems like madness.
i stepped down back in may and outside of game day (i.e. coaching and training) i was doing almost everything for 7 teams, the guys who were interested in running the club found out how much hard work it is and decided they just wanted to play and not run a club. there will be 2 junior teams still playing in 2018 as one of them was promoted and wanted to keep them together before a few of them from that team take up the fed offers they had in 2019.

Boom Boom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Boom Boom »

The M.L.S.C Saturday team were told during the season that the club was looking to downsize its operations and as a result they were not going to field a Saturday team in the S.A.A.S.L next season . Although disappointed the team accepted the clubs decision and began investigating options for next season, nothing more sinister than that. Mawson Lakes S.C was run by some good people and had a great bunch of lads playing there , it's a shame that the club has shut its doors to senior football.

Redflag1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Redflag1 »

Will Mawson Lakes SC keep their junior sides?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Redflag1 wrote:Will Mawson Lakes SC keep their junior sides?
there is two sides full for 2018 as stated above.